Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four players released

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
blockhseagull said:
I thought it would be a straight choice between Chippy and Nicolas, and although Chippy had a poor mid season he did have a couple of decent games towards the end and with our lack of experience in the squad it doesn't surprise me that he chose Chippy ahead of Nicolas.

Although i would have loved to have kept both MM obviously had to get rid of some players somewhere and bearing in mind Nicolas hasn't featured all season thats probably why he has gone.

fair point but if its true I bet Chippy accepted low wages because nobody else is likely to employ him whilst nicholas is young and can forge a career elsewhere

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Stinky Kat said:
fair point but if its true I bet Chippy accepted low wages because nobody else is likely to employ him whilst nicholas is young and can forge a career elsewhere

That is very true, Nicolas probably has had other offers... probably from other countries.. although if we had released Chippy i reckon there would have been a fair amount of interest in him, experienced pro with high number of promotions on his C.V.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
f*** SAKE.

Nicolas and Turienzo, two decent young players gone, Butters and Carpenter kept on ... :censored:

If this is true, it only further makes Knight's decision to keep McGhee look even more ridiculous.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well sorry but I think this is just a rumour. No mention on Ceefax or the club site, pinch of salt anyone ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Repugnant Toad said:
f*** SAKE.

Nicolas and Turienzo, two decent young players gone, Butters and Carpenter kept on ... :censored:

:lolol:

You really don't know your football do you?:jester:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Nicolas
came from Chelsea and he was great, skillful, got the ball, put his foot on it and passed it simple to a Brighton player
McGhee saw no need for this and turned him into a workhorse, in the team to win the ball infront of the defence. he was not allowed forward, and therefore when he did venture within 20 yards of the goal, he shit himself and didnt know what to do.
We should keep him and let him play how he used to, as an attacking midfielder

McCammon,
he is crap, all thisabout him being in the team cause he causes a nuisance to the defenders, cause he is big and strong is BOLLOCKS - Nuisance - Nuisance to me for being absolute gash. He was the biggest tallest player in the squad and could hold up a ball or winner a header from an up field punt
ASDA needs you

McPhee
he isnt great, but he put in all the effort in the world, and thats why fans appreciated him, no great loss, but probably worth keeping as he would probably be in for a starting line up if robinson and gatting are the only other strikers we will have on our books

Turienzo
Give him a go, he cost us more money than we've spent in the previous few seasons. Surely he can do something that is better than McCammon. He didnt have much of a 1st touch, but can he do a job? has anyone seen enough of him to make judgement?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Well sorry but I think this is just a rumour. No mention on Ceefax or the club site, pinch of salt anyone ?

But one of their mods wrote this. It can't be a lie, that would be like Bozza making something up.......

:jester:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It puzzles me that people have written of Turienzo. From what I have seen (limited) of him, he seems like a decent player. Definitely League One standard at least. He has been very unlucky with injuries and never fit, which is bad luck.

He has scored goals in the reserves when fit and I truly hope this is false information.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Les Biehn said:
Is that 34 year old Charlie Oatway? Nicolas is younger and a better player.

I would also have kept McPhee, bit of luck and some more confidence he would have done a decent job for us. And I would definately play Reid on the right of midfield.
We need a leader and whetehr we like it or not, Charlie Oatway is a leader. I'm not sure Nicolas is a better player either.

Pavilionaire said:
It's amazing how some players, by not being good enough for the first team, then assume almost mythical status among certain fans (see also Kuipers).

You referring to the white Makelele then? :lolol:

I despair sometimes, I really do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shocker on Nicolas decision, very pi$$ed off with this :angry: :angry:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Beach Hut said:
Shocker on Nicolas decision, very pi$$ed off with this :angry: :angry:

I'm not.Couldn't brake into the first team.Says it all really

Last edited:

Richie Morris said:
Nicolas is not in the team to score goals...him being a defensive midfield player and all.

Simply, he would offer our back four a defensive shield which has not been there all season and allowed the opponents time and space to run at Butters.

He also collects the ball from the back four meaning they do not have to just lump it in the corners.

His short passes change the direction and angle of attacks meaning we are less predictable and he has a good nack of getting his foot in and disrupting the oppositions attacks.

Could he have done any worse then Carpenter this season?

Yes, he could have, please stop crapping on Chippy, he was our best player against the likes of Luton (official MOTM) and Millwall (Football League Paper nomination).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well thats where your wrong Barrel.You get less time on the ball and thats a fact

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'm not going to believe any of this to it's officially confirmed :albion:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barrel 0 Algie 1:clap2:

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This must be written by Gritt23's reliable source who said CKR is going to Southend for £250k!

I'd be very surprised if this were not announced either in the Arsegas or the Official website....so my response to this atm is...

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:
Well thats where your wrong Barrel.You get less time on the ball and thats a fact

I suspose you are right there - been too long :lol:

I know we haven't been gone long from the lower league, but I have this picture of school boy football, when th ball is chased by 20 players, hacking away at it.

I think on the Chippy front, he looked absolutely knackered. He looked fairly good early season and he had to be rushed back to put out a team. In hindsight we should have played someone like Nicolas or Mayo in midfield to give Chippy a break. I don't think that helped him in the slightest and he was always playing catch up. A summer break may do him the world of good and he has been essential to us.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Chippy did need a break i agree and Hammond but Mayo is not the answer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here