Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four players released

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We all know what Brighton fans is like so I wouldn't be too worried yet. Id very much doubt that Turinezo has gone at this early stage.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Adriodinho said:
i so wanted El Turi to play for the stripes:(

and WTF, Nicholas? f*** sake McGhee

Wilkins is now the first team coach, so he will have a say in this. It's not all down to McGhee ...

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
So we are down to CKR (unless he goes), Robinson and Gatting -having got rid of LK, McPhee, McCammon and El Turi in the last 6 months???

I cannot understand the Nicolas decision if that is true - Chippy was awful last year and we are not exactly overrun with decent central midfielders FFS:censored: :censored: :censored:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
sir danny cullip said:
]Releasing big mac is a mistake although MM was never going to swallow his pride on that one, shit as he may be he will do well in league 1 as shown with brizzle.

Is it Bollocks. Big Mac has consistently shown himself to be shit. I don't normally deal in absolutes but he was shit for us, Shit by all accounts for Bristol city, shit for Millwall and will be shit even if he plays for Dorothy Stringer.

If he got a deal with us, I'd be tempted to get my football boots out of the loft.

Nicolas is the only one of those I'd question and like others have said, if Dodd is unfit next year, what a waste he has turned out to be.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I hope that Alexis has found another club rather than was actually let go. All the others fair leaving fair enough, although a choker what it has cost us for Turienzo. Good business that one Mr Knight, with friends like Liam Brady who needs enemies.

Of those staying they can all do a job in Div 1, I juts hope they are being paid a wage that relates to the division.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We don't know if this is even true yet. There's been no official word from the club. But IF it is I think this is ok. Carpenter will be fine next season in league 1 and Nicolas has never impressed me. McPhee was always going to go; McCammon is laughably bad and Turienzo was a mistake. Not sure about giving Dodd another contract though if that's what happened.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
dunno said:
So we are down to CKR (unless he goes), Robinson and Gatting -having got rid of LK, McPhee, McCammon and El Turi in the last 6 months???

I cannot understand the Nicolas decision if that is true - Chippy was awful last year and we are not exactly overrun with decent central midfielders FFS:censored: :censored: :censored:

I would doubt that he was "released" he probably turned down our contract.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I will wait until it is announced officially, then i will believe it, dont want stories from someones second cousins once removed father inl aws daughter

1066gull

dunno said:

Gargan........

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hannibal smith said:
Is it Bollocks. Big Mac has consistently shown himself to be shit. I don't normally deal in absolutes but he was shit for us, Shit by all accounts for Bristol city, shit for Millwall and will be shit even if he plays for Dorothy Stringer.

Big mac is a poor mans gifton noel williams and at this stage we are a very poor man so should have kept him. MM has been banging on about a big target man striker and although I agree Big mac is a shit footballer he could do a job at league one level.

People thought Chris Iwelumo was shit (I wasnt one of them) but he's gone down a level and was one of the top scorers in the league this year because 1. he puts himself about 2. because hes big and strong.

My main point is that big mac could do a job next year and I think MM must know that because he thought he could do a job at championship level, the reason we have released him is because he has fallen out with MM IMO.

If we have a replacement lined up then I will stand corrected but you can bet that at christmas people will be saying " we STILL need a target man" and big mac will be doing a job for some mid table side in league one.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd have been very surpised if Chippy was released - McGhee wouldn't drop him last season in a higher division, so there was little chance of him being shown the door.

Think he might be revived a bit in League 1 anyway :fingerscrossed:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
DAMANCLAY said:
I would doubt that he was "released" he probably turned down our contract.

Your are probably right - although if he had played more often last season (like he should have) he might have been more inclined to sign up!

I don't disagree with releasing McPhee and McCammon - but who in god's name are we going to sign as replacements (probably at the 11th hour as usual!)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If Nicolas has gone for whatever reason I hold MM responsible. If he hasn't then I will say well done to MM for realising his mistake and managing to retain a player he shouldn't have f***ed around.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Withdean Wanderer said:
I'd have been very surpised if Chippy was released - McGhee wouldn't drop him last season in a higher division, so there was little chance of him being shown the door.

Think he might be revived a bit in League 1 anyway :fingerscrossed:

Lets hope so, no doubt he WAS a quality player. Lets hope dropping down a league will help him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here