Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four players released

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gargan is a striker and I'm pretty sure he was released.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
cardboard said:
I thought someone met Nicolas old man in a chippy last week????

said he got a years contract???

You sure it wasn't "someone met Chippy's old man in the nick last week", you know who these chinese whispers go

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Les Biehn said:
If Nicolas has gone for whatever reason I hold MM responsible. If he hasn't then I will say well done to MM for realising his mistake and managing to retain a player he shouldn't have f***ed around.
Nicolas runs around like a headless chicken. No great loss, IF true.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Les Biehn said:
If Nicolas has gone for whatever reason I hold MM responsible. If he hasn't then I will say well done to MM for realising his mistake and managing to retain a player he shouldn't have f***ed around.

:clap: MM even admitted he may have underestimated the impact nicolas could have on the team. Im sorry but he trains the guy 4/5 days a week, we were crying out for a midfield that can win the ball AND retain possession but he STILL didnt give him a chance. Absolute joke.

EDIT: One thing in MM's defence is that nicolas looked very average when he played against QPR reserves but you cant argue with the performance against wolves, top draw.

Last edited:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Les Biehn said:
Gargan is a striker and I'm pretty sure he was released.

He is a striker - but he was only a first year scholar last season, so will have 2 years left, surely?!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Don't know what the big fuss about Nicolas is to be honest - some people are talking as if he is Gods gift.

He has looked average at best when playing for us, and doesn't really offer anything offensively. I am not saying Carpenter and Hammond are any better, but i don't think it's that big a deal if he has gone - Reid is quite capable of playing as a centre midfielder also, and there is likely to be a case at sometime this season when youth is given a go.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Oh deep joy. If Nicholas has gone, and the French pair, this is going to be a very hard season.

No wonder boxing is now in the training schedule. at least we could punch players off the park.

If this is true, Mr. McGhee I know you live in what was an old peoples home, but please go to the doctors, as I feel you may have early onset senile dementia.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
:J) said:
He is a striker - but he was only a first year scholar last season, so will have 2 years left, surely?!

Wasn't he the one that had a career ending injury though?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
sir danny cullip said:
:clap: MM even admitted he may have underestimated the impact nicolas could have on the team. Im sorry but he trains the guy 4/5 days a week, we were crying out for a midfield that can win the ball AND retain possession but he STILL didnt give him a chance. Absolute joke.

EDIT: One thing in MM's defence is that nicolas looked very average when he played against QPR reserves but you cant argue with the performance against wolves, top draw.

My old man and his mate who are spurs supporters went to see spurs reserves a couple of times earlier in the season and both said Lennon was pony. Sometimes its difficult to gage anything from these games.

I really think he could have been our Makelele, sitting in front of the back four while Hammond was freed up to attack (his more natural role.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
sir danny cullip said:

My main point is that big mac could do a job next year and I think MM must know that because he thought he could do a job at championship level, the reason we have released him is because he has fallen out with MM IMO.

I'd keep Mcphee before Mccammon. People forget Darius Henderson (Remember him) went back to Reading after being dropped for McPhee who, at league 1 level, looked like a decent player. He is also young and can improve.

McCammon meanwhile will always be a complete and utter donkey.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Les Biehn said:
My old man and his mate who are spurs supporters went to see spurs reserves a couple of times earlier in the season and both said Lennon was pony. Sometimes its difficult to gage anything from these games.

I really think he could have been our Makelele, sitting in front of the back four while Hammond was freed up to attack (his more natural role.
We have Oatway to do that job and give the team some much needed leadership.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Les Biehn said:

Yeah but spurs fans are dicks(no offence to your old man:jester: )

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Les Biehn said:

Plus its hard for the player when hes not getting a run in the side, 20 minutes here and there doesnt do anyone any good.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If this is true it is STUPID.

Nicolas should have been playing centre midfield as soon as Oatway was injured.

McCammon however can rightly f*** off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nicolas has never scored for the Albion and never made that much of a difference, so what's the great loss?

Paul Reid could play better centre midfield playing in his sleep if he wasn't already playing out of position at full-back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here