Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster to Palace tomorrow? [old thread warning]

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Forster is way too good for us and way too good for Div 3. He came to this level 1-2 seasons too early. Sheringham is still playing Championship football at nearly 42. I think he has lost faith in DK but is probably also frsutrated with Wilkin's tactical ineptitude as well.

I would not be suprised as the back ups in Murray and Dixon are already in.

I think Saturday may be a bit tasty.

This is the irony of it all really. During games he has had regular whinges at wilkins. I wonder how much of players 'perception' of lack of ambition is down to the messages the management give the team?

As an example, in my job, I am organising a global conference. We had a great choice of european venues but my recommendation of holding it in paris was overruled in favour of having it in.......Hertfordshire! Decision made purely on financial grounds I think

I could whinge to the attendees about the short straw they have, or I can go on about the positives of that venue. How I communicate to my team will govern their perception or otherwise of our 'ambition'.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think it quite disgusting that you even dare to compare Knight with Archer.

Juan - did you actually read what I wrote??? I was criticising the simplistic notion that people who run football clubs are always doing so in the interest of the club.

I was not comparing DK to Archer - and I actually made that point. There are plenty of threads where you can see that I have been a supporter of his efforts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
please elaborate?

FIFA rules, can't be registered for more than two clubs in any season (loan deals excepted). As I understand it a season starts from July 1st, at which stage Forster was still registered with Hull.

Some bloke's transfer to Fulham got cancelled yesterday on these grounds as he played 20 mins for some French club earlier in the season.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
FIFA rules, can't be registered for more than two clubs in any season (loan deals excepted). As I understand it a season starts from July 1st, at which stage Forster was still registered with Hull.

Some bloke's transfer to Fulham got cancelled yesterday on these grounds as he played 20 mins for some French club earlier in the season.

well thats one rumour sorted for the day

NEXT!!!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
ROSM - is that enough elaboration for you :D ?

Papa

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
It was the July 1st bit that stumped me as I didn't recall him starting the season at Hull.

I'm just surprised that the rumour got this far without DtG pointing this out.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
God, is this still going?

Well, we did say it would be announced today - so there will always be mileage in it until it's finally proven to be untrue...

I still think it can't be true, as that would leave us with 2 new strikers and worse off than where we were before the window opened, and DK / DW would be very foolish to let that happen.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Where has it been officially denied? (serious question, I can't see mention of it anywhere).

Insider, somewhere in this thread.

Here, in fact:

This is utter rubbish. Someone somewhere has had you all on the biggest wind up ever. Probably the same person who announced the club were having a press conference tomorrow (Thursday). Roll on midnight tomorrow and normal service!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou
Where has it been officially denied? (serious question, I can't see mention of it anywhere).

This is utter rubbish. Someone somewhere has had you all on the biggest wind up ever. Probably the same person who announced the club were having a press conference tomorrow (Thursday). Roll on midnight tomorrow and normal service!

here it is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here