Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster to Palace tomorrow? [old thread warning]

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Palace mate in Crawley reckons straight swap deal with Flinders.....god i f***ing hope not....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can't see how a fee would be agreed though. For us to want to sell him there would have to be a significant profit on the £75k we paid. From Palace's point of view, they're not going to want to risk hundreds of thousands on a 34 year old who may or may not still be up to the championship. They're not going to want to give us Flinders either, as they paid a MILLION for him.

If Dick Knight wants a player out, he'll accept anything - see Danny Cullip as an example.

Tomorrow is going to be chaos if this is true:lol:

(Would be an absolute tragedy...not so much the palace bit, just the 'losing our only decent player' bit!)

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I can't see how a fee would be agreed though. For us to want to sell him there would have to be a significant profit on the £75k we paid. From Palace's point of view, they're not going to want to risk hundreds of thousands on a 34 year old who may or may not still be up to the championship. They're not going to want to give us Flinders either, as they paid a MILLION for him.

Exactly, unless he wants out. I'll be pissed off if he goes, It would be such a huge loss

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Look at it from Forster's perspective, a last chance to get into the Prem, or play for a side in the lower half of League 1, what would YOU do under those circumstances?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly, unless he wants out. I'll be pissed off if he goes, It would be such a huge loss

as somebody said earlier in the thread, his agent is apparently the same as hammond and revell - two important players who have also gone in this window

knight pissing off this agent could prove to be a huge error

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
ffs he is on a 3 year contact...tell the scum to f*** right off....and flinders is not all that

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
well, lets look at things dispassionately:

revell gives Wilkins the V sign and he's off
O callahan gives Wilkins the going over in the press...he's off
Forster crisises the club in the press...offski
Cox is told off in the press for being sulky....maybe he's offski

I get the impression Wilkins is finally showing his stely side and doesnt give a monkeys who the names are...if they step out of line..bye bye

this could be a sign of strength of Wendy!!!!...................or not

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
as somebody said earlier in the thread, his agent is apparently the same as hammond and revell - two important players who have also gone in this window

knight pissing off this agent could prove to be a huge error

It was me.....and Hammond's still here...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is Warnock!

Must buy strikers
Exactly. Age is no object for him either.
At Sheffield United he had a penchant for buying Sheffield Wednesday or former Sheffield Wednesday players as well just for the hell of it.

I sincerely hope someone is playing an evil joke. :nono::nono::nono:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
true about show of strength, BUT......
You cannot sell revell, Elder and OUR MAIN STRIKER (forster in a couple of days) can you??????
I mean I thought we were trying to strengthen.....

I thought Dixon and Murray said they want to play WITH Forster....

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I normally moan about the lack of activity in the transfer wndow ..........but this is definately NOT what I had mind...........:censored:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Hammonds still here and Revell was not an important player once Murray arrived.

Deans in talks with Colchester....lets hope the forster going to the scum is a wind up...if he does go then think we will have a fight to stay up and fan unrest will rise quick.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hammonds still here and Revell was not an important player once Murray arrived.

hammond will be gone tomorrow i imagine - if not, then certainly at the end of the season. we dont know how good murray is going to be, so you cant really asatain how much of a blow losing revell is going to be - although having said that i was very impressed with the brief glimpse we got of him last night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here