Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Anyone Thinking Of Voting Conservative...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thatcher is the only leader in my life time that's made me proud to be British - come on you Blues!!

(another one here)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont like Soames but any vote in Mid Sussex unless for him is wasted.

He just does my head in. moaned that he would be really hard done be if he couldn't have a second home up in London. It's all about him not the people he represents.

Anyway,whoever wins this election is going to be very unpopular. With the cuts / tax rises that will come it will be like a poison chalice.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
You been living in a cave or something?

Do the words 'Sub-prime lending' ring a bell? 'Credit crunch?' maybe? 'Global recession'?

Simpleton.

Just a tad disingenuous me-thinks. We have a public debt of GBP 890 bn - equivalent to approx 62% of our GDP. The impact of a global recession on tax receipts has contributed to this, but deficits were recorded every year since 2002/3 - at least 5-6 years before the subprime lending crisis.

Labour's economic incontinence has left us in the sh*t.

?? not sure if you jest, because if not you've got something seriously wrong in your political compass, Tory's are about doing something for yourself, Labour is about reliance on others (the state mostly).
No. Tories are about abandoning people to their own devices. Labour is about supporting the communities that need supporting.

Tories don't care. Labour does.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Please, this thread is shite.

Just a bunch of people venting their spleens and massaging their prejudices. I seriously doubt anyone, and I mean ANYONE, is gonna take a blind bit of notice about this thread when considering who to vote for.

Tories are mean, they eat babies. Labour are work-shy spendthrifts. They're warmongers. Lib Dems - nuclear power no thanks, not sure and yes please. They wear a pin stripe suit with a rip at the knees. The Greens are really commies.

There - that's all the ill-informed nonsense summed up in one paragraph. Can we have this site return to a football forum, please?

Good fun though isn't it!!:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I will be voting Lib Dem in Mid Sussex and, hopefully, if others follow suit, we will be rid of Nicholas Soames - another one who fills me with despair.

Me too. I have never voted Lib Dem Before. A labour vote is wasted in our constituency. Need to get Soames out. Too many outside jobs. Hardly ever turns up to parliament. Jumped ship from Crawley a few years ago. Typical old style tory.

I dont like Soames but any vote in Mid Sussex unless for him is wasted. The only way he would be beat is if there was only 2 candidates and everybody who didnt want him voted for the alternative.

At the risk of asking a dumb question, what are people's problems with Soames?

Wrong. Labour is about thinking (wrongly) that the state always knows best.
No. Labour is about realising that there are some problems that can only be solved equitably by state intervention. Pensions. Care for the elderly. Achieving improvements in schooling for everyone. And delivering a high quality health service. To name but four.

Dandyman

In London village.
Could it be he reminds them of someone?

Or just that he is a lazy reactionary **** who tried to stop our stadium getting built or did you forget that, Timmy ?

Dandyman

In London village.
Thatcher is the only leader in my life time that's made me proud to be British - come on you Blues!!

(another one here)

Surely you should then have cheered on Archer's free market energy and eye for the main chance ?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No. Tories are about abandoning people to their own devices. Labour is about supporting the communities that need supporting.

Tories don't care. Labour does.

No Labour is about taking away peoples choice on what they spend their hard earned cash on through high levels of tax, Conservatives tend to be about reducing the tax burdeon on people to give them the choice on what they spend their wages on because more of their money is left in their pay packet at thye end of the week.

The problem is that there isn't an endless pot of money to provide everything that Labour wants to, and its only way of financing its ideas are through taxes and public borrowing. All increased public borrowing does is decrease your ability in the future to pay for things from just the taxes raised as the borrowing has a rate of interest attached to it that has to be met.

Labour tend to spend the money without worrying how its going to be repaid or the future inplications of their actions, the Conservatives look to cut this burdeon but usually at the cost of the higher state spending that Labour introduced. The National debt swallows so much of the tax income that parties are left with the remaining scraps to try to deliver first class services which is almost impossible and is why so much of this countries infrastructure (road building, rail network etc) and essential public services suffer (NHS, Police, Fire etc)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was suggesting more that Tory toffs would have servants to do things for them. It was a pretty cheap jibe really

i never understand the Tory=toffs image. there are more core Tory voters than Labour across the country. there are good number of left wing "toffs" for that matter too.

Maybe you should have learnt grammar by yourself instead of the state funded education wasting their time.

is this a English test? did you understand what i wrote? then why get fussy about grammer. if you refer to the apostrophe i think i changed what i was saying mid point. anyway, you probably are right, degree educated but state school didnt teach me the basics.

Last edited:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
No. Labour is about realising that there are some problems that can only be solved equitably by state intervention. Pensions. Care for the elderly. Achieving improvements in schooling for everyone. And delivering a high quality health service. To name but four.

All of the main parties have policies which involve 'state intervention' in all of the policy areas you mention. The problem with Labour is the extent of state involvement and the rather modest outcomes that have been achieved as a result of their calamitous spending spree.

Philospophy aside, do you honestly think that such profligacy is sustainable?

A well-meaning desire to be 'equitable' in areas such as education, is no substitute for actual achievement - like reducing the number of people leaving school without the basic skills to operate in the workplace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here