Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Anyone Thinking Of Voting Conservative...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
1. Longest period of sustained low inflation since the 60s.

Brought about by previous Tory policies and global economy But it took them 18 years to achieve it. Have you forgotten the boom and bust periods during that time!

As opposed to boom, borrow and borrow, and f**ked

2. Low mortgage rates.

Ditto with above and rates set by B of E not government Who passed control to the BoE in the first place. Something many Tories objected to.

Still the BoE setting the rate

3. Introduced the National Minimum Wage and raised it to £5.52.

Raising the wages of others thus leaving the bottom earners still at the bottom What?

The wages of those above the lowest earners increase when the lowest get a raise. A differential will always exist and so it should.

4. Over 14,000 more police in England and Wales.

Where? Plastic coppers with no powers maybe.

5. Cut overall crime by 32 per cent.

Completely misleading crap. Serious crime at an all time high plus unreported crime (again misleading reported but somehow not "reportable"!) at an all time high. Detection rates also at an all time low. NEXT. Already countered by another post. Must be your Tory spin that makes you write this.

Statistical crap.

6. Record levels of literacy and numeracy in schools.

Not by some on here! Can't argue with that. However, see your comment on point 36. Should be they're, not their!

30 Should be too not to!

7. Free nursery places for every three and four-year-olds.

Nothing's free, we are all paying for it, remember. It's called society, ie supporting those that can't afford it.

Are you saying that no 3 or 4 year old parents can afford it. It maybe society but those who choose not to have children should not be expected to continually pay for those that do.

8. Funding for every pupil in England has doubled.

Borrowed money What!

As I say borrowed money live within your means

9. Over 36,000 more teachers in England and 274,000 more support staff and teaching
assistants.

More revealing is the disparity between the 1st figure and the 2nd.......appears like job creation. So, one minute people complain about class sizes or the amount of paperwork teachers have to complete and when additional staff are provided to assist they then complain about that.

Class sizes have remained pretty much consistent for decades.

10. Employment is at its highest level ever. (NOT NOW THANKS TO THE BANKS)

No its not the figures are massaged. School leavers are not even recorded. All time high for people not employed but not claiming.

11. 85,000 more nurses.

Good

12. 32,000 more doctors.

GP's wages have double in the last few years but their hours greatly reduced. This wage raise was forced on local NHS Trust but their budgets to pay this increase reduced. I'm friendly one the local Trusts CE's very interesting.

13. Brought back matrons to hospital wards.

Not got rid of three levels of management above though.

14. Devolved power to the Scottish Parliament.

More bureaucracy and totally unfair on the English- case divide and rule.

15. Devolved power to the Welsh Assembly.

See above.

16. Dads now get paternity leave of 2 weeks for the first time.

Have you ever owed/run a small business? enough said Have you ever been a parent! My company gave me two weeks paternity on full pay.

As a parent of 5 children (1x19, 2x18, 1x14 and 1x8) yes I am. Secondly having run and owned 5 small businesses along with the other restrictive measures put in place by this government a lot of businesses can not afford to keep paying out.

17. NHS Direct offering free convenient patient advice.

Nought for free!

18. Record number of students in higher education.

With less jobs at the other end. University is for the elite (academic) not for the masses. The more go the more the qualification is diluted. Wouldn't disagree with that. Remove vocational training from Universities and return them to old fashioned polytechnics. However, remind me who expanded the universities system in the first place and made it more competitive?

Training/education should be relative to employment not to remove people from government statistics (unemployment)

19. Child benefit up 26 per cent since 1997.

In line with inflation just

20. Delivered 2,200 Sure Start Children’s Centres.

OK

21. Introduced the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

Yes and now the perpetrators get more rights than victims. GOOD WORK.

22. £200 winter fuel payment to pensioners & up to £300 for over-80s.

OK You are inconsistent. On other points re pensioners you go on about many of them being able to afford a lot more things.

OK I’ll be consistent take it away or at least make it means tested.

23. Restored devolved government to Northern Ireland.

Cross party politics there I believe But I believe History showed that it faultered under Tories and most credit goes to Mo Mowlam

Perhaps indeed it does and a truly remarkable lady! But and a big but with no help from B liar for attempting to undermine her popularity. Still started with the Tories if point scoring.

24. All full time workers now have a right to 24 days paid holiday.

See no 16. I've been a full time worker for years. Haven't had a holiday (time off) above three days for 9 years. So you are a slave to your job. If you have your own business, doesn't seem much point if you can't actually take time off to enjoy your life, unless of course you work as a professional gigolo then you might not want time off!

If it was not for people like me the country would be in a far worse state. A crass remark!

25. A million pensioners lifted out of poverty.

A f***ing load more put near it by the raiding of private pensions!!!Nothing of course to do with the pension holidays taken by companies in the 80s and 90s.

Er……… private pension I said not company ones. The holidays taken are a matter for employees and employers and the deficits seen have to be made up by the companies involved, such as BA who I worked for 18 for years.

26. 600,000 children lifted out of relative poverty.

What is relative, to you or me?

27. Introduced child tax credit giving more money to parents.

Country can not afford to give it to people earning above £30 000 May be the system needs adjusting but the principle is fine.

The principle not fine, hello I’s costing us all money which we haven’t got. There’s a theme running through this, isn’t there?

28. Brought over 1 million social homes up to standard.

Built during a labour government with substandard materials. Where is your evidence. Most social homes built during the 40s and 50s were off better standard than their private counterparts. The improvements relate to things such as double glazing, insulation, more economic boilers etc. Of course, the lack of investment by the tories didn't help.

To a point I agree with you but anyway here goes. Maggie, God bless her, gave people the chance of buying their home. This appeared great to all those people who rented from the council. Controversial as it may seem many people were really pissed off by this. People who had taken steps prior to get on the housing ladder and suddenly found those who hadn’t bothered being given a chance to buy greatly reduced houses. I say bothered, I know of many who could have comfortably afforded homes through the normal channels but instead chose the council route. This disadvantaged many many people. This caused a four fold situation.

1 Houses which should have remained available to low wage ,means tested people, removed from stock

2 People who had saddled themselves with high mortgages to buy through normal channels highly disadvantaged.

3 People who were traditionally Labour, voting Tory so as to buy their council house

4 Finally a major point, back in the 80’s a study suggested that the state of council housing stock was very poor (this was mainly stock in the north of the country, built from precast concrete). The cost to update this was prohibitive and so by selling it off cheap to its occupiers, it removed this cost of repairs.

29. Inpatient waiting lists down by over half a million since 1997.

OK Rather a simple comment relating to, what was under the tories, a major problem. Was it not something like 18 months for a hip replacement. Ok so long as you didn't need to walk in the meantime

30. Banned fox hunting.

You are joking, right? Seriously, it was banned under a Labour government. Good job to.

Any one been properly prosecuted yet? Yet another knee jerk reaction from the law making, towny, duffle coat wearing, sandal brigade, lefties,

31. Cleanest rivers, beaches, drinking water and air since before the industrial revolution.

BY privatisation. Plus the Tories with real help from the unions managed to close all those nasty polluting shit holes up north. The rivers are not clean because of privatisation, but inspite of it. Do you honestly think that the private companies spent millions out of their profits to clean up rivers and beaches or was it perhaps because they were forced to do by government regalation?

EEC reg’s

32. Free TV licences for over-75s.

But why? Most can easily afford it. As mentioned, inconsistant.

Take it away then.

33. Banned fur farming and the testing of cosmetics on animals.

OK

34. Free breast cancer screening for all women aged between 50-70.

It was under Tories May be, but how long did you have to wait. Until the autopsy?

Sorry but that’s bollocks, my mother has had breast cancer twice with approx 25 years apart and she has always had free screening as has any women over a certain age.

35. Free off peak local bus travel for over-60s.

Again why most can afford it.

36. Over 3 million child trust funds have been started.

So they can spunk it away when their 18, shit idea, a gimmick which again we can not afford.

37. Free eye test for over 60s.

Why?

38. More than doubled the number of apprenticeships.

No they just renamed some training. Hardly if any at all, indentured apprenticeships remain. That is complete bollocks. They are not apprenticeships. That's like calling some one who looks after pensions a pensions technician.

39. Free entry to national museums and galleries.

Are getting the picture now, WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT. FREE entry YES BUT SOME ONE HAS TO PAY FOR IT.

40. Overseas aid budget more than doubled.

NO NO NO no.....no. If you had no money and couldn't pay your bills would you go and borrow some and give it to some one else? Thus leaving you in a more shit.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

7. Free nursery places for every three and four-year-olds.

Nothing's free, we are all paying for it, remember. It's called society, ie supporting those that can't afford it.

Are you saying that no 3 or 4 year old parents can afford it. It maybe society but those who choose not to have children should not be expected to continually pay for those that do.

It's actually a misunderstanding that the tax payer pays for all of it. Private nurseries have been forced to accept the government vouchers but the amount the government pays them, in many cases, doesn't even cover 50% of their fees. So private companies are having to pay for the difference. There's actually quite a backlash with dozens of nursery companies in the south east forming a pressure group to try and force a change of policy. Another example of Labour interferring in private enterprise.

After weeks of dithering this afternoon I've made up my mind who to vote for - partly in thanks to the very negative Labour campaigning and Ed Milliband on Radio 2 this lunch time - another Tory voter here - really couldn't face another five years of Labour !

D

Deleted User X18H

It's actually a misunderstanding that the tax payer pays for all of it. Private nurseries have been forced to accept the government vouchers but the amount the government pays them, in many cases, doesn't even cover 50% of their fees. So private companies are having to pay for the difference. There's actually quite a backlash with dozens of nursery companies in the south east forming a pressure group to try and force a change of policy. Another example of Labour interferring in private enterprise.

After weeks of dithering this afternoon I've made up my mind who to vote for - partly in thanks to the very negative Labour campaigning and Ed Milliband on Radio 2 this lunch time - another Tory voter here - really couldn't face another five years of Labour !

:thumbsup:Welcome aboard the Cam Van

D

Deleted User X18H

No, no, Cam doesn't travel in the van. He travels in a nice BMW with 2 police outriders behind the Cam Van - I have witnessed this with my own eyes :thumbsup:

As every Prime Minister should!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, its based on the fact that they've paid into our system. I dont have a problem with aid per se, just when people are dying through lack of funds here.

So if it a child, or a person on benefits, who have not paid into the system ,then it's ok for them to be brown bread?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Just like DC say's we're all in this together

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkz1pN1zhvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkz1pN1zhvE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Yoda

English & European
I think I have found the biggest reason for not voting for Cameron.

Was watching Hitler's Secret Weapon's tonight on National Geographic and could have sworn this is him next to the megalomaniac.

Attachments

• CAM_0090.JPG
    CAM_0090.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • CAM_0091.JPG
    CAM_0091.JPG
    835.1 KB · Views: 43

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
With apologies as I know this is a football chatboard ( to which I often contribute ), but I have to get this of my chest ahead of Thursday.

Be very careful if you're thinking of voting for the Tories looking for a change for the better. I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread. Also, Cameron's warning of the dangers of a hung parliament is quite contrary to the expectation and hope of many people who think a coalition ( much better calling it that, rather than a hung parliament ) - hopefully between the Lib Dems and Labour, will produce a more balanced and less autocratic Government.

I will be voting Lib Dem in Mid Sussex and, hopefully, if others follow suit, we will be rid of Nicholas Soames - another one who fills me with despair.

Rant over. :angry:

Up the Albion.

How can any so called Brighton fan EVER vote Liberal again ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here