Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Anyone Thinking Of Voting Conservative...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If only I'd read this before submitting my postal vote it really would have changed my mind :dunce:

And as for getting rid of Soames, I'd much rather him (an extremely experienced politican with party influences) than the horrible woman the lib dems are running.

D

Deleted User X18H

Well it's not as if Tim can vote for a party that supports the 'working' classes is it ?

No at the moment I don't work however nor do I claim any benefits. However I believe many of the working classes (if such distinction now exists) will support call me Dave for obvious reasons.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread.

Up the Albion.

Many NSC users will no doubt remember the DIRE Labour governments of Wilson & Callaghan too. Older members may remember the governments of Attlee and Ramsay MacDonald (more unlikely).

THEY ALL RAN OUT OF MONEY - JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

Why won't people ever learn?

Oh, and Up The Albion!

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
With apologies as I know this is a football chatboard ( to which I often contribute ), but I have to get this of my chest ahead of Thursday.

Be very careful if you're thinking of voting for the Tories looking for a change for the better. I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread. Also, Cameron's warning of the dangers of a hung parliament is quite contrary to the expectation and hope of many people who think a coalition ( much better calling it that, rather than a hung parliament ) - hopefully between the Lib Dems and Labour, will produce a more balanced and less autocratic Government.

I will be voting Lib Dem in Mid Sussex and, hopefully, if others follow suit, we will be rid of Nicholas Soames - another one who fills me with despair.

Rant over. :angry:

Up the Albion.

Of cause I'm voting Tories you stupid muppet. Labour and Lib's = Mass immigration and crime going unpunished and mass unployment.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
With apologies as I know this is a football chatboard ( to which I often contribute ), but I have to get this of my chest ahead of Thursday.

Be very careful if you're thinking of voting for the Tories looking for a change for the better. I can remember the Thatcher era and believe me, it was not nice. Cameron talks about a compassionate outlook...mmm, let me think about that for a second. The prospect of Cameron and Osborne at the helm of this country fills me with absolute dread. Also, Cameron's warning of the dangers of a hung parliament is quite contrary to the expectation and hope of many people who think a coalition ( much better calling it that, rather than a hung parliament ) - hopefully between the Lib Dems and Labour, will produce a more balanced and less autocratic Government.

I will be voting Lib Dem in Mid Sussex and, hopefully, if others follow suit, we will be rid of Nicholas Soames - another one who fills me with despair.

Up the Albion.

Its a bit lame to say don't vote for the Conservatives because of Maggie Thatcher, thats like saying don't vote Labour because of the absolute disaster they were for this country before the Tories came to power in the 70's or don't vote for the Liberal Democrats because they were originally the Liberal party and one of the main parties until Labour was formed in the 1920's and therefore they may go back to the policies of that time .....

People should make their own minds up about who they vote for, based on the parties current policies and what it would mean to them if the party was in power, not scaremongering by someone else about an old politician who is no longer involved, Otherwise people could say you must vote Tory because Winston Churchill, the greatest war time politician we ever had was a conservative and that would just be as ridiculous and meaningless as someone trawling out Thatcher as a reason not to vote Tory.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Thatcher tried to make Britain a big "power" again but it is futile, we are never going to be a big powerful country again. We might as well look to the future, not the past.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Anyone think the previous 4 posts are a great reason not to vote Tory?

Edit: The 4 before Don & GF

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Poor old lefties...same sad old stories.Just face up to the truth for once in your State Sponsored feeble minds.
Once again your lot have f---ed up the finances of the country...move over and let somebody else put it right!!!:lolol::thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Up the Albion.

:thumbsup:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
?? not sure if you jest, because if not you've got something seriously wrong in your political compass, Tory's are about doing something for yourself, Labour is about reliance on others (the state mostly).

I was suggesting more that Tory toffs would have servants to do things for them. It was a pretty cheap jibe really

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You been living in a cave or something?

Do the words 'Sub-prime lending' ring a bell? 'Credit crunch?' maybe? 'Global recession'?

Simpleton.

Bit harsh Tom....but then again nothing less than I would expect from a blinkered type such as yourself.
So in your opinion,the state of the country's finances have nothing to do with the party that has been in power for the last 13 years and in particular,its glorious leader who happened to be Chancellor or PM throughout that time!
By the way,moron or not,I have been known to post an agreement to a number of your non political thoughts and views in the past....I can't be that bad for a baby eater,perhaps!!:thumbsup:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Please, this thread is shite.

Just a bunch of people venting their spleens and massaging their prejudices. I seriously doubt anyone, and I mean ANYONE, is gonna take a blind bit of notice about this thread when considering who to vote for.

Tories are mean, they eat babies. Labour are work-shy spendthrifts. They're warmongers. Lib Dems - nuclear power no thanks, not sure and yes please. They wear a pin stripe suit with a rip at the knees. The Greens are really commies.

There - that's all the ill-informed nonsense summed up in one paragraph. Can we have this site return to a football forum, please?

:clap: well said

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Me too. I have never voted Lib Dem Before. A labour vote is wasted in our constituency. Need to get Soames out. Too many outside jobs. Hardly ever turns up to parliament. Jumped ship from Crawley a few years ago. Typical old style tory.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont like Soames but any vote in Mid Sussex unless for him is wasted. The only way he would be beat is if there was only 2 candidates and everybody who didnt want him voted for the alternative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here