Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football manager 2012 demo

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Just read this is coming out on the Iphone! This could get dangerous!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Must be a rather stripped down version of the game I'd have though, but still would be great to play on the move

I can just imagine being sat on the bus and missing my stop by about 30 stops as I'm so engrossed in why Brezovan is unsettled or something.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I had a go on the demo last night.

My first action was to call a team meeting to welcome everyone back and to tell them I felt this would be a good season, build up a good team spirit... Calderon immediately shot me down telling me the meeting was pointless. What a dick. Fortunately Greer had my back, reiterating my point to the team and everyone left happy.

Anyway, signed a bunch of people - Jlloyd Samuel (free), Coquelin and Oxlade-Chamberlain (on loan from my new parent club Arsenal), Tom Soares (loan), Ben Amos (loan), some random CB on loan for 3 months as cover, Stuart Parnaby (free)... think that's it.

Tried to sign Joe Lewis - he wanted to come, but P/boro were only interested if they could have Painter in the deal. I said yes but he rejected them as they didn't offer enough. I tried again but every offer of just cash received a response of cash plus Painter, so that died.

In the league I'm undefeated after 6 games but 4 have been draws, the wins being home v Cardiff and away v Pompey. Next match is Palace...

*edit* Forgot to mention, crashed out of the Carling Cup first round, at home, vs Crawley. FML. Made 10 changes from the team that started in the league and drew 3-3, before losing on penalties. Kept a brave face for the media though, pointed out the league is priority

Last edited:

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
sign Gibbs his quality my best player by a mile

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Nash in goal, (not sure bout him yet as hes 37 or something, probably a mistake)
Parnaby / Calderon
Greer
Dunk (but need cover as CB's are cutting the mustard in championship
Drury / Painter
Bridcutt
Harley
Karacan (who for 2.2million is pants)
Lua Lua / Vicente (who is injury prone and 60% fitness by 60mins)
Buckley / Noone
CMS

Stick CMS up front on his todd, got no goals out of him for all friendlies, changed to 4 5 1 and he's banged in 8 in 5 games, blistering pace, shite left foot.

sitting pretty in 3rd.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
10 points clear @ start of December but the injuries to the midfield are kicking in and its bloody hard work in the middle,had to pull a lid out of the reserves!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
After messing around fro as couple of weeks with different teams I think Ive found the right tactic that mirrors our style and that works. So Im goıng to play a whole season with the save game database, continuing on the game and then restarting with a huge database. So, here I am, just before the first game of the season, playing 4-1-2-2-1 flicky flicky football.

The big news is the double tragedy of laying off not only Oatway but also Tarricco! I didnt want to lose Taricco but I needed Tony Coton as Ass Man so it was bye bye. There are some really good scouts out there (Montgomery, Scott and Martin) so I brought in a whole new team and laid off everyone.

The Transfer market has gone like this:

IN
Parnaby
Leboue
Jordan
Banton - all free
Lee Williamson from Sheff utd - 250k - the answer to the midfield box to box role
Andrew Davies - 275k season loan
Amos - season loan
Trying to get a DM ( Goulon from Blackburn) to replace Navs as DM cover... Perch aslo a poss
May try and get a striker on loan too.

OUT
Poke to Leeds 35k
East loan to Salisbury
Cook loan to Southend but can be recalled
Ankergren probably going to Esjberg for 185k
Brez proab to Ipswich 60k

To this you have to keep changing the balance between the transfer kitty and salary budget as the salary budget is based on how much you have offered, not how much you are paying.

Friendlies:
Pergocrema (a) 3-0
Dijon (a) 2-2
Bognor (a) 2-0
Hartlepool (a) 4-1 - when the tactic started to gel
Sporting (h) 0-0
Man City Res (h) 4-1
Motherwell (a) 0-1 - my fault told them it was just about fitness but still had 70% of the game and more clear cut chances

So the team is

GK Leboue / Amos
DR Calderon /Parnaby
RCB Greer / Davies
LCB Dunk / Vincelot until El Bad comes through
LB Jordan / Painter
DM Bridcutt / Navs
MCR Harley / Sparrow
MCL Williamson / Dicker
AMR Buckley / Lua Lua
AML Vicente (already been out for 3 weeks and just coming back) / Noone
SC CMS / Hoskins or Barnes

Havent been able to do screenshots on this comp for ages but will try on update.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Nash in goal, (not sure bout him yet as hes 37 or something, probably a mistake)
Parnaby / Calderon
Greer
Dunk (but need cover as CB's are cutting the mustard in championship
Drury / Painter
Bridcutt
Harley
Karacan (who for 2.2million is pants)
Lua Lua / Vicente (who is injury prone and 60% fitness by 60mins)
Buckley / Noone
CMS

Stick CMS up front on his todd, got no goals out of him for all friendlies, changed to 4 5 1 and he's banged in 8 in 5 games, blistering pace, shite left foot.

sitting pretty in 3rd.

update - CMS does have a good left foot after all, still banging them in using a 4-2-3-1 formation. Nash doing the business between the sticks too. Vicente getting better, Dunk not giving El Abd and Elphick a look-in, got scouts all over him as in real life. Drury and Parnaby are quality fullbacks, worth getting.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Update -

7 games into the season and fourth:

Record 4-2-1 GF - 14 GA - 4

Just lost our first game away at Liecester 0-2 after having 58% of the play. Highlight was thumping Palace 3-0

Now playing Sheff U at home in LC Round 3 after knocking out Crawley and Blackpool.

Top Scorer... Barnes 6 in 7 and Buckley 3 in 5

Average ratings: Harley, Vicente and Barnes 7.70 +

No more loan signing but bough Hayrı Pinarci on a superb free until I noticed the 900k compensation after I ahd pressed the confirmation button!!!! has been brilliant in the DS tho.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Must be a rather stripped down version of the game I'd have though, but still would be great to play on the move

FM 2011 for the iPhone had the look of a 'classic' football manager from earlier years. Works really well on the iPhone and is a brilliant time waster!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
anyone got the game yet, might download it via steam

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Going to wait till the end of the weekend. Am currently trying out a new tactic and want to get it right before I play on the big game with a huge database.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Just read this is coming out on the Iphone! This could get dangerous!

I've got fm2010 on my iPhone, cost 6.99 a few years ago. It's more simplistic and brilliant for 2 hour journeys. It reminds me of the game 20 years ago. No training, just signing players and playing games and getting through the seasons really fast like the old fm days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here