Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football manager 2012 demo

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Transfers so far. Currently mid December in second season.
Goal Keepers:
Scott Loach
Joe Lewis
Loris Karius (Youth)

Defenders:
Stuart Parnaby
Jack Hobbs
Lee Naylor
Ben Mee

Midfielders:
Sammy Clinigan
Joan Angel Ramon
George Moncur
Robert Pires (retired at end of first season)

Strikers:
Heider Helguson
John Guidetti (Loan - Man City)

Currently 5th in the Champ in my second year, Beaten West Ham, Everton and Wigan so far also so good signs.

Various players have left, Poke, Ankergran, Hoskins, Buckley, Barnes, Lua Lua loan expired but he didn't play much so I didn't buy him.

Stadium expansion to 28,500 due to be completed in Jan. Training ground and Youth facilities are in construction also.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Rather enjoyed Vicente's run for my second goal here - was in the 90th minute as well!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Full game for the first time...

OK.. spent seven hours getting the first day sorted out, staff changes, training, transfers, tactics etc. Pretty much sacked the whole staff except Oatway (good for tactics), Cooper (but will be sacked) and the physios. Replaced them with:

Tony Coton (assman), Hans Jorritsma, Mark Sertori, Steve Black (fitness), Joe Roach and Paul Montgomery and Jack Chapman as scouts.

Bigged up the salary and brought the transfer budget down. The following were brought in:

Ross Frame (free)
Alan Mabayoko (free)
Tim Sebastian 30k
Pablo Mouche 130k
Etien Velikonja 200k
Salaheddine Sbai free
Anel Raskaj 50k
Tom Heaton 250k TOTAL 650k

Dacian Varga is coming in in Jan for 500k to replace Kazenga - dont know what to do about Harper and Reyes because they have been lynchpins

OUT
Angergren 170k
Grant Hall 10k
Brez 50k
Simmonds 8k
Jamie Smith 12k
Gary Dicker 100k and a pack of loan outs TOTAL 350K

The friendlies were fab 38-6 in gols in 8 matches. Since then...

Saints (a) 5-4 Yes.. REALLY!
Hull (h) 4-1
Pboro (a) 4-2
Barnsley (h) 2-2 (they scored both in last 5 mins and was devastating on morale... leading to...)
Leeds(a) 0-1
Palace (h) 1-1 (18 shots to 7 FFS)
Liecs (a) 2-1
Ipswich (a) 1-0

Also in LC round 4 after beating QPR away 3-1

TOP PLAYERS - Sebastian, Noone , Greer and Hoskins but we have had terrible injury problems and have yet to play the same 11 two games in a row.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What's Mouche actually like? I had a deal sealed for him, but he picked up a 3 month injury and failed his medical. :(

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
every save i have had i have got Arsenal as a parent club, always get Gibbs his quality

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Im going to sign every player we have, and see how i get on, not sure i can get Reyes he seems to be in Broms first team

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What's Mouche actually like? I had a deal sealed for him, but he picked up a 3 month injury and failed his medical. :(

brilliant in pre-season...started well but then lost form...sent him to the ressies for a few weeks

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just beat Burnley 7-3 was 1-0 down until Lua Lua was carried off (out for the season). Sparrow came on and BOOM! 2 for Sparrow, 2 for Velikonja and a hat-trick from Nooney!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Can anybody help here? I've just purchased the full gamw and was under the impression that you could continue your saved game from the demo but although Ive copied the saved game file into the new folder it isn't showing.

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be because I haven't reached the end of the demo? I dont really want to start again as I'm 3rd in the table & in the League Cup semi final.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
I was at the end of the demo, installed full game and had to browse through the files on the load game option it then loaded and rums from the main menu now! Promoted to the prem after 1st season VERY different world, first games Arsenal,Chelsea,Man City no points until hammering Liverpool 4 - 0 @ Anfield, follwed up by losing to Villa @ The Amex!

Can anybody help here? I've just purchased the full gamw and was under the impression that you could continue your saved game from the demo but although Ive copied the saved game file into the new folder it isn't showing.

Anyone have any ideas? Could it be because I haven't reached the end of the demo? I dont really want to start again as I'm 3rd in the table & in the League Cup semi final.

As jamesp suggests, you should be able to navigate through to where the file is stored. It won't matter than you've not finished the demo.

I was at the end of the demo, installed full game and had to browse through the files on the load game option it then loaded and rums from the main menu now! Promoted to the prem after 1st season VERY different world, first games Arsenal,Chelsea,Man City no points until hammering Liverpool 4 - 0 @ Anfield, follwed up by losing to Villa @ The Amex!

What transfer policy did you adopt? I got promoted first season and am now doing absolutely terribly in the Prem. I'm about 8 games in and have the grand total of 1 point (garnered away at Blackpool and even then we managed to throw away a 2 goal lead). I sold a lot of players in the hope of bringing in top quality replacements but Bloom has screwed me over - total transfer budget was £10m and my wage limit was £140k a week (which I raised to £160k and am currently spending about £170k). Splashed £7m on Danny Graham who has been absolutely DIRE and I'm completely screwed.

This is my team;
GK Scott Loach
DR Inigo Calderon (c)
DC Lewis Dunk
DC Adrian Mariappa
DL Gianluca Zambrotta
DM Liam Bridcutt
CM Stephen Quinn
CM Emmanuel Frimpong
AML Kazenga Lua Lua
AMR Robert Snodgrass
CF Danny Graham

Bench includes;
Yves Ma Kalambay, Scott Wootten, Lee Hodson, Peter Wittingham, Will Buckley, Vedad Ibisevic

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Bought a striker called Kadlec (who is now a wonder kid) and have Sonago on loan, Couquin & Frimpong loans from Arsenal, Barkley from Everton starting to boss midfield. Playing a 4 3 1 2, conquered all in pre season but as I say not the same tale now!

Bought a striker called Kadlec (who is now a wonder kid) and have Sonago on loan, Couquin & Frimpong loans from Arsenal, Barkley from Everton starting to boss midfield. Playing a 4 3 1 2, conquered all in pre season but as I say not the same tale now!

I've tried a few different tactics with varying degrees of attacking-ness and none have worked, although I've lost most games only 1-0. At least we're making a profit (about £2.5-4m a month depending upon number of home games), I'm just going to take the money for a season in the Prem and hope that Bloom doesn't sack me (signed a new 3-year contract in the off season but then he did expect us to avoid relegation...).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
With regards to my post earlier I was just being stupid. After reading the pots above I realised that I was looking at the "Load last game" button of which there obviously wasn't one. As soon as I clicked "Load Game" all was OK. Cheers for the help.

Im 2nd now and I find that it is very effective to play counter attack away from home and either "Control" or "Attack" at home depending on the strength of the opposition.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
Just about to start pre-season friendlies in my second season. I haven't played an FM game for ages but my first season went surprisingly well. I finished top with 96 points and didn't make any huge transfers. I brought Joe Lewis in January and he was awesome. Luke Chambers was a rock alongside Greer at the back. Parnaby was a good free transfer and Andrew Keogh in January was another reat purchase. The main reasons I got promoted were CMS and Vicente though. Made some transfers already for the premier league, exciting times. Got Darron Gibson, Chris Wood, and many others. I'm really enoying this new game.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Finished 3rd in my first season! Made some decent signings, I was the biggest spender in the league and persuaded the board to splash out over £4.5m!
Team:

Button

McFadzean
Greer
El-abd
Vincelot

Bridcutt

Buckley
Ángel
Soares
Etuhu

Mackail-Smith

CMS got 30 goals last season and was in Team of the Year, something ridiculous like 22 of those were assisted by Buckley.
Lost in the play-offs to Bristol City. Poor start to the second season by losing 3-0 to Brum :/
Barnes was moaning that he couldn't get a place, but when CMS was averaging 7.35 per game he was never gonna make it into the side :p

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I'm playing as the Man Utd manager to get used to the game, and just noticed that Brighton got relegated after the first season. Poyet got the boot soon after, and look who got the job...

Brighton_New_Manager.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here