Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FM09 - Installation.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Exmouth, I would have done the same !!! :p

And I've had all the same problems as you guys, just keep trying it. Make sure the internet connection is ok, im installing it through STEAM as well and its taking its time BUT i just KNOW its going to be AMAZING. Much like sleeping with a very hot bird, the foreplay is the exciting bit. ENJOY IT !!!

Might aswell just try tommorow.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
SI should be ashamed.

People have actually PAID money for a game, out of a box, which does NOT stipulate ANYWHERE on the box - after close scrutiny - that it requires an internet connection..

FURTHERMORE from what people are saying on the official game forums, the patch has not fixed any of the GLARING bugs from the demo - including the typing issues and injury problem.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
RIGHT...I've just gone through STEAM, waited half hour for it to install and then got through to SOFTANCHOR where it tells me that the code has EXPIRED...any ideas ?

RESULT it's FINALLY accepted by activation code with SOFTANCHOR. If you want it to work mate;

Get your activation code
Check it here Football Manager 2009 - License Key Look Up
to make sure there are no mistakes
then copy and paste the code (you'll have to do it 5 letters at a time) into softanchor
do this repeatedly until it accepts your code!!

I had to do this about 100 times, then just now it worked! HOWEVER the game isn't playable until the patch is installed, and http://www.sigames.com - the only place with the patch - is down currently due to high traffic.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
THE PATCH FIXED COMPATIBILITY ISSUES.

You need the patch before it will run on a LOT of chipsets.

Worst. FM. Ever.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Thanks guys, I've already installed the patch.....still doesn't work!! Is that something different Frutos? I'm having a look at it now.......pleeease God!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks guys, I've already installed the patch.....still doesn't work!! Is that something different Frutos? I'm having a look at it now.......pleeease God!!!

Yeah, something different. Basically, it will provide your comp with the necessary graphics update to run the game and stop that message from appearing (I think, I'm not that technically minded). Whatever it does, it was the difference for me between the game working and not.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Jd - did you download that link?

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
jokes on you lot for PAYING for a game and it still not working... the mistake you made was the BUYING of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here