Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FM09 - Installation.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
When you download it through this Steam thingymebob how the flip do you get into the Data Editor, it doesn't seem to give you the option?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
When you download it through this Steam thingymebob how the flip do you get into the Data Editor, it doesn't seem to give you the option?

Cheating is bad:thumbsup:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Found it! :clap2:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\tools\data editor

It's not for cheating, it's for keeping up to date with transfers, honestly!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I love the 3d engine, however I hate the way it's just so f***ing hard now.

Back in the day I would boss CM2, CM3, CM4 and each of the season updates but then FM came along and suddenly I sucked at everything.

They've added too many options into it and if you don't keep on top of absolutely everything you can't seem to enjoy success as before.

I personally can't play as any team bar Brighton or I lose interest however it seems practically impossible to do anything with their piss poor squad you start with (perhaps this is actually somewhat true to life but I think the fact that even Murray is absolute toilet is a bit unfair) and signing new players is far harder now with fewer options available - all in the name of realism.

I'm sure I'd enjoy success if I started the game as Liverpool or Barcelona but I'm just not into that side of it. I like the grass roots football stories, building up your team to climb the leagues, winning over your fans and discovering superstar players when they're kids.

However there're only so many hammerings I can take off crap sides before I give up and sadly this game has repeated the pattern of the two before it in being just too hard.

Still, does make me feel sympathy for Micky

I feel exactly the same, and for that reason haven't bothered for this one.

They've overcomplicated things, i'm shit at it, so don't enjoy it anymore!!

Oct 25, 2003
I feel exactly the same, and for that reason haven't bothered for this one.

They've overcomplicated things, i'm shit at it, so don't enjoy it anymore!!

agree

on cm4 i took hull city from division 3 to the champions league, i then quit and got brighton from division 2 to the champions league

although this is clearly very unrealistic, it was still FUN, and i think there needs to be a balance between realism and FUN

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
agree

on cm4 i took hull city from division 3 to the champions league, i then quit and got brighton from division 2 to the champions league

although this is clearly very unrealistic, it was still FUN, and i think there needs to be a balance between realism and FUN

Word - it's for people who can afford to devote vast swathes of time to it, and most normal people can't and realise there is a real world out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here