Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FM09 - Installation.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
i have installed it on steam, but it says when i try to launch the game "failed to set up graphics system" sorry if this has been asked before but what does that mean. Is it that my pc's graphics card is too old, or can i fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated as im not great with things like this, cheers

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Is everyone trying to install via Steam? Has anyone tried the phone option?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
i have installed it on steam, but it says when i try to launch the game "failed to set up graphics system" sorry if this has been asked before but what does that mean. Is it that my pc's graphics card is too old, or can i fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated as im not great with things like this, cheers

I had the same problem. You need to click here and download DirectXSDK, it's a big download mind, about 460mb. It worked for me, but I also had to update the driver for my graphics card to get the 3D match working. Thanks to Frutos for the link - :thumbsup:
Good luck

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Is everyone trying to install via Steam? Has anyone tried the phone option?

I think everyone's installing via Steam because that was the recommended option. The only advantage is that the game updates itself automatically. Looking back, I think I would have tried the phone option first.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Have now installed with the phone/internet activation - much easier. Automatically redirects you to the patch and once installed runs the game no problem.

Only problem I had was inputting the ID code from the back of the booklet but I think that was me having trouble distinguishing between 0 and O or 1 and I !!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Once i installed the game through Steam i can play the game without the disc. Should this be correct and if so how many times can i install the game, and register it on Steam, on seperate computers as my 2 brothers would obviously like the game?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
And i've got a computer in mt room and a laptop, so does that mean i can install it on both?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I paid for FML and it was a disgrace. Ended up demanding my money back and I uninstalled the whole thing. Have a pristine condition FM2009 sitting next to me but I'm not going to even try and install it till the end of next week!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I paid for FML and it was a disgrace. Ended up demanding my money back and I uninstalled the whole thing. Have a pristine condition FM2009 sitting next to me but I'm not going to even try and install it till the end of next week!

What was wrong with it Rich? All working perfectly for me. :)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I won my first game with Brighton.

Lynch scored :cheers:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jeez this is slow to load

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I dont like the 3d thingy

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I love the 3d engine, however I hate the way it's just so f***ing hard now.

Back in the day I would boss CM2, CM3, CM4 and each of the season updates but then FM came along and suddenly I sucked at everything.

They've added too many options into it and if you don't keep on top of absolutely everything you can't seem to enjoy success as before.

I personally can't play as any team bar Brighton or I lose interest however it seems practically impossible to do anything with their piss poor squad you start with (perhaps this is actually somewhat true to life but I think the fact that even Murray is absolute toilet is a bit unfair) and signing new players is far harder now with fewer options available - all in the name of realism.

I'm sure I'd enjoy success if I started the game as Liverpool or Barcelona but I'm just not into that side of it. I like the grass roots football stories, building up your team to climb the leagues, winning over your fans and discovering superstar players when they're kids.

However there're only so many hammerings I can take off crap sides before I give up and sadly this game has repeated the pattern of the two before it in being just too hard.

Still, does make me feel sympathy for Micky

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I havent started to badly with Brighton tbh.

6 points from first 3 games, won away at Yeovil in the League cup and got Man city in the 2nd round LOL!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What was wrong with it Rich? All working perfectly for me. :)

I was on of just 21 people who couldn't log in! Technical problems caused by stress of all the people trying to access it! Kept trying, didn't get anywhere. I was very very much the minority though.. just annoyed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here