Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The fact that he is not even playing for the U23s (unlikely to trigger the rumoured fee) unfortunately indicates that he is still struggling with injuries.

Another player that l fear we may never see play for the first team again, certainly not to the level that he was once capable anyway. I hope l'm wrong.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He did, hence his speedy exit

I checked, and AK was indeed in Austria for pre-season.

GP told Naylor:

"... there are things that are sometimes out of my control and I have to respect that. But he’s been great to work with and he’s done his best every day."

“From my perspective, I just work with the players we have and try to help them get better.”

Doesn't sound like GP made a big decision about AK.

All the evidence about the club's current setup suggests that the coach has a relatively minor role in transfers, I think?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I checked, and AK was indeed in Austria for pre-season.

GP told Naylor:

"... there are things that are sometimes out of my control and I have to respect that. But he’s been great to work with and he’s done his best every day."

“From my perspective, I just work with the players we have and try to help them get better.”

Doesn't sound like GP made a big decision about AK.

All the evidence about the club's current setup suggests that the coach has a relatively minor role in transfers, I think?

DA explained it in one of those online fan forums last year. GP gives them a list of positions & attributes he wants to bring into the squad, the recruitment team give him a list of players and then they together choose from that list. Sometimes they are able to get their targets, sometimes not.

When it comes to selling players I would imagine GP got even less to say about it if there is a good bid on the table (like in the case of Knockaert).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm glad that someone mentioned this not altogether 'minor' point. As much as l would like to see Andone back starting ganes again, it will take him a lot of time, a good few weeks at the very least, to get him back up to full match fitness and goal scoring form again, and after the debilitating injuries that he has had, that's assuming that he ever does. By the time we see him again l fear our fate, one way or the other, will already have been decided.

are Llama and ballback match fit..? for a 90 minute stint ....i doubt it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When it comes to selling players I would imagine GP got even less to say about it if there is a good bid on the table (like in the case of Knockaert).

The fee we received from Fulham for Knockaert, about £15m l believe, was far too good for almost any side to turn down l wouid think.

Plus of course it was largely money wasted from Fulham's perspective, he didn't contribute an swful lot in their promotion push, and as soon as they reached the Premier League he was farmed out on loan. Somethingoif a recurring theme for the player unfortunately, electric in the Championship, mediocre in the Premier League.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
are Llama and ballback match fit..? for a 90 minute stint ....i doubt it

Nope, Welbeck is the perennial sicknote, and Lallana could be heading for early retirement. I can see the wisdom in signing them, after all neither cost a transfer fee, but they were gambles that l fear will end up biting us on the bum.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree. We have absolutely nothing to lose giving him another chance. Our current strikers are absolutely useless at converting the umpteen chances we create a game. I'm intrigued to see how he gets on in a different style of play where he'll have more opportunities

I was anti Andone returning, only due to the ending in summer 2019.

I’ve changed my mind, now I’d love him to gain full fitness and be given a fair crack in the first 11.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Next season now l fancy, if we don't release him in the summer, or loan him out of course.

Our only glimmer of hope up front and you try to crush it. I think you are wrong too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I agree that some players appear to have been moved on for reasons beyond football, but I don’t think that’s down to Potter - certainly not him alone.

I don’t think he ever saw AK in training, for starters.

For me the AK challenge against Bournemouth was enough to remove him from the club, and that went around the globe on TV.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For me the AK challenge against Bournemouth was enough to remove him from the club, and that went around the globe on TV.

Why should someone be removed from a club for one challenge? Especially if that person has been an unbelievable player for us

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Bournemouth red was almost a mirror of his red card at Everton. Silly, petulant challenge that disadvantaged the team

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I just find it a little sad that we're talking about one of our best players ever, without which there's no way we would have been promoted into this league, who delivered goals, assists, skill and some of the most wonderful moments we'll ever have supporting this team and all anyone on here can say about him is that they would have shipped him out because he got sent off, or because he was a dickhead

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I just find it a little sad that we're talking about one of our best players ever, without which there's no way we would have been promoted into this league, who delivered goals, assists, skill and some of the most wonderful moments we'll ever have supporting this team and all anyone on here can say about him is that they would have shipped him out because he got sent off, or because he was a dickhead

Still my favourite player of the Amex era. The most depressed I've ever been after a football match was the Sheffield Wednesday away play off when he'd been carried off early in the 2nd half, and I was convinced that he was too good for another season of Championship football with us.

Getting a couple of red cards in 3.5 seasons with us isn't the worst disciplinary record at all. Ashley Barnes got 2 in 3 games in 12/13 at a time when Ulloa was the only other fit striker!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here