Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
dont agree with you either. He played in a boring ch team who didn't create a lot. A bit of toughness upfront and a change of personal could be a good option. He'll put everything into the cause. If it works out great if it doesn't then there's nothing lost.

Agree. We have absolutely nothing to lose giving him another chance. Our current strikers are absolutely useless at converting the umpteen chances we create a game. I'm intrigued to see how he gets on in a different style of play where he'll have more opportunities

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Indeed.

His 4 goals coming from 20 shots

Maupay 17 from 152
Connolly 5 from 59

I keep posting these stats and they are pretty meaningless really.
Andone may not be anywhere near as effective as he was before the injury.

However posters stating that Andone is not a decent finisher, particularly in comparison to our current front line! Crazy.

Andone was kept out of the team by Glenn Murray (37 goals from 201 shots)
If he's anywhere near as good now, he walks into this team.

I’ve been someone who has possibly fallen victim of remembering Andone being better than he actually was, however, those stats are quite telling. It’s very simplistic but Andone’s conversion rate would have seen him score between 15 and 30 goals if he’d have had the chances afforded to the two other ‘strikers’. Surely he’s got to be given a chance.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Where is izquierdo??? Are we really delaying playing him because we have to pay Bruges a fee? Relegation is 150m so seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get that from? He’s been injured for most of the last 3 seasons and is not going to be anything like the player he was in 17/18. Real shame if they decide to not offer him a new deal in the summer because of the long-term effects of the injury. It seems unlikely that he’ll ever play at this level (or anything like it) again if that’s the case.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
GP made no secret of his hardline stance removing the ‘troublemakers’ out of the club, Duffy, Knocky and Andone, given his own stubbornness in other issues will he really swallow his pride and pick Andone?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I always thought Andone was a poormans Maupay, with a little more nastiness. I could not see the harm in having Andone as sub and if Maupays poor form continues chucking him on at half time as his replacement.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
GP made no secret of his hardline stance removing the ‘troublemakers’ out of the club, Duffy, Knocky and Andone, given his own stubbornness in other issues will he really swallow his pride and pick Andone?

I agree that some players appear to have been moved on for reasons beyond football, but I don’t think that’s down to Potter - certainly not him alone.

I don’t think he ever saw AK in training, for starters.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Andone has never been given a run in the first team. 17 of his 26 "appearances" are from off of the bench.

Andone has scored 4 in 944 minutes playing for the Albion.
Connolly 5 in 1,982.

Claiming that Goals don't count if they're against "absolutely shit" teams is quite ironic, considering our challenge in scoring against lesser teams.

Top post...

I’m surprised certain posters needed this illustrated, from where I sit his mins to goal ratio combined with chances created ... well it would seem obvious (if he’s fit) he’s more likely to score than ANY of our other options. If you play the percentages, then he has to play - especially based on the truly abysmal form of our current ‘strikers.’

Like I say, if he’s ready then he plays - anything else constitutes a rather stark impression of GP and his ability to pick the best team based on ability rather than cliques and personal favorites. That really would be professionally pathetic.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For me, given a run in the team Andone is at least on Maupay's level. & fair enough Maupay is not firing right now, but he'll probably still get 10 goals this season. Having 2 strikers capable of 10+ goals is the difference between relegation scrap and finishing the season more comfortably.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
For me, given a run in the team Andone is at least on Maupay's level. & fair enough Maupay is not firing right now, but he'll probably still get 10 goals this season. Having 2 strikers capable of 10+ goals is the difference between relegation scrap and finishing the season more comfortably.

That headed goal at the near post, was it Watford, and the palace goal. He has the ability, with belief form the coaches and a run I suspect he’d be at least as good as we’ve got now

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He won us 2 games against a crap Huddersfield team, if only we had someone who could win us a game against the crap now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good attitude/bad attitude and quality/not quality are very minor questions regarding Andone compared to the fact that he just returned from two very serious knee injuries and just 40 minutes of football for 18 months. Generally (though individual) it takes a lot of time before you can play without fear again (your ACL being in the back of your mind) and before you dare/are allowed to play in max tempo as the risk of suffering another ACL injury is greatly increased in the first six months or so after coming back, and he just went into full training last week. This is more likely than anything else to limit how much Andone will be playing this season.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get him on the pitch pronto!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where is izquierdo??? Are we really delaying playing him because we have to pay Bruges a fee? Relegation is 150m so seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that he is not even playing for the U23s (unlikely to trigger the rumoured fee) unfortunately indicates that he is still struggling with injuries.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good attitude/bad attitude and quality/not quality are very minor questions regarding Andone compared to the fact that he just returned from two very serious knee injuries and just 40 minutes of football for 18 months. Generally (though individual) it takes a lot of time before you can play without fear again (your ACL being in the back of your mind) and before you dare/are allowed to play in max tempo as the risk of suffering another ACL injury is greatly increased in the first six months or so after coming back, and he just went into full training last week. This is more likely than anything else to limit how much Andone will be playing this season.

I'm glad that someone mentioned this not altogether 'minor' point. As much as l would like to see Andone back starting ganes again, it will take him a lot of time, a good few weeks at the very least, to get him back up to full match fitness and goal scoring form again, and after the debilitating injuries that he has had, that's assuming that he ever does. By the time we see him again l fear our fate, one way or the other, will already have been decided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here