Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just find it a little sad that we're talking about one of our best players ever, without which there's no way we would have been promoted into this league, who delivered goals, assists, skill and some of the most wonderful moments we'll ever have supporting this team and all anyone on here can say about him is that they would have shipped him out because he got sent off, or because he was a dickhead

I agree. First of all, nobody knows why the Manager let Knocky and others leave. That doesn't stop there being some very stupid posts about it, alleging things that have been proven to be untrue. Neither Andone nor Knocky were removed for being sent off or because of player unrest. Nobody manages a squad like that. And there is no evidence that anyone other than a few 'get rid' merchants on NSC share such views.

I suspect one thing Potter won't tolerate, however, is players who egregiously and repeatedly fail to follow instructions. We know Knocky was a hothead (I remember Murray was often telling him to zip it). I saw him do some very naive dribbles, ending up easily robbed, during the latter stages of his time with us. He simply doesn't seem to have enough to sustain an EPL career, and if he wasn't doing what he was told, lovely lad and all, when an offer came along the club listened. Andone may be in the same boat, albeit maybe he's being given a second go. Who knows? Not us, for sure.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I just find it a little sad that we're talking about one of our best players ever, without which there's no way we would have been promoted into this league, who delivered goals, assists, skill and some of the most wonderful moments we'll ever have supporting this team and all anyone on here can say about him is that they would have shipped him out because he got sent off, or because he was a dickhead

As much as l agree with some of what you have said, you seem to be conveniently forgetting how ineffective he was after we got promoted. I'm not saying that he didn't try, of course he did, but he can't get the better of Premier League defenders in the same way as he can in the Championship.

For me Anthony Knockaert just isn't Premier League quality. Both Leicester City and Fulham appear to think the same way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As much as l agree with some of what you have said, you seem to be conveniently forgetting how ineffective he was after we got promoted. I'm not saying that he didn't try, of course he did, but he can't get the better of Premier League defenders in the same way as he can in the Championship.

For me Anthony Knockaert just isn't Premier League quality. Both Leicester City and Fulham appear to think the same way.

That's not the point i'm making.

The point i'm making is about why people feel the need to slate one of the most dynamic and influential players we've ever had, given all he achieved for us. Why is all I ever read about him negative?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The point i'm making is about why people feel the need to slate one of the most dynamic and influential players we've ever had, given all he achieved for us. Why is all I ever read about him negative?

I don't think he gets slated really, but the question is why he seems to be bought up every few weeks when lets be honest since leaving us he has probably found his level (Which is still a very high level) but even then he hasn't had a season quite like he had with us. Think we all need to just move on

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
in the recent video, which showed training and which Andone was involved in, he was the only one wearing a white bib. I assume this is maybe a "dont tackle me Im coming back from injury" thing. Anyone know?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Maybe people just have short memories? He was an arse at times though, and his own worst enemy. Cutting that Bournemouth player in half, would almost have been looked upon as ABH if it had happened off a football pitch.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maybe people just have short memories? He was an arse at times though, and his own worst enemy. Cutting that Bournemouth player in half, would almost have been looked upon as ABH if it had happened off a football pitch.

Right on, we need people on here with memories as long as yours

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
in the recent video, which showed training and which Andone was involved in, he was the only one wearing a white bib. I assume this is maybe a "dont tackle me Im coming back from injury" thing. Anyone know?

No, it's to remind the other players that he is only there to get fit and won't ever be playing for the Albion again. :)

Only joking, we badly need him back ASAP.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

It's simply not true that Leicester thought Knockaert wasn't good enough for the PL, they offered him a new 4 year contract and Nigel Pearson publicly stated he hoped AK would stay, but he turned it down to join Standard Liege.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015081...ockaert-stay/story-26274120-detail/story.html

https://web.archive.org/web/2015090...icester-City/story-26760541-detail/story.html

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
It's simply not true that Leicester thought Knockaert wasn't good enough for the PL, they offered him a new 4 year contract and Nigel Pearson publicly stated he hoped AK would stay, but he turned it down to join Standard Liege.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015081...ockaert-stay/story-26274120-detail/story.html

https://web.archive.org/web/2015090...icester-City/story-26760541-detail/story.html

Yeah, four years as a squad player. He'd lost his place in the starting XI to Mahrez IIRC.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Must be ready for at least a bench appearance soon. Been working with the squad and seen in enough of the recent training videos.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because of the malicious nature and the fact that he could have ended another pros career.

The tackle was not THAT bad imo

Having said that I really don’t see that a player that’s been out for a year is going to be ready for PL action in the next 11 games, he will not be fit enough to play anything but a cameo. He is not the answer to our problems, he was hardly prolific

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Or..."Don't come near me as I have a bit of a screw loose and might suddenly just stud you".

On further thought, probably what you said.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very much looking like Florin could be our last roll of the dice in our relegation fight.

I hope he is back asap.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Very much looking like Florin could be our last roll of the dice in our relegation fight.

I hope he is back asap.

At least we’ve got to give him a chance. We can’t keep selecting the same players for them to keep missing straight forward chances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here