Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Andone really isn’t the answer. Another case of a player becoming miles better having been out of the team. He’s poor.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Andone really isn’t the answer. Another case of a player becoming miles better having been out of the team. He’s poor.
Possibly, but how can we tell if he isn't played.

The rest are crap, so it's not as if we would be risking much.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Connolly would struggle get to get in a Sunday park team Andone got to be better

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Possibly, but how can we tell if he isn't played.

The rest are crap, so it's not as if we would be risking much.

Because we watched him for the best part of a season and then he went to a much worse league and scored 2 in 9. That plus being out injured for 14 months. At least Tau has scored some goals abroad recently if we are going to punt on someone. Andone also being at times a walking red card isn’t helpful.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Dunk was walking red card But has matured his game . As I see it Andone can do no worse than what awe have at present . Give him a go if he docent produce. its no worse than what we have had

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Bollox. He is a goal scorer. Palace goal says it all. We have too many pussy players at the moment. We need steel in the team. If Potter cannot manage players with some edge he is in the wrong job.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When Andone comes back (as he surely will with such limited competition in the squad), he will treated as some sort of Messiah by some of our fans, remembering fondly his Palace goal and the crucial winners against Huddersfield, but ignoring the fact that he was so ordinary for long spells that it was a genuine toss up between him and Locadia for a starting spot.

I give it three weeks before we realise he's just another budget player who couldn't finish his dinner if he was force-fed through a straw. He will then probably get sent off for good measure and we'll be back to watching Barn Door Arran Connolly hoof presentable chances miles wide or over the goal.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bollox. He is a goal scorer. Palace goal says it all. We have too many pussy players at the moment. We need steel in the team. If Potter cannot manage players with some edge he is in the wrong job.

His career goal scoring record says otherwise. The Palace goal very much helped by Tomkins being a cart horse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Goal scorer? He's scored 4 goals in 26 appearances for us so far, including 2 against Hudds in their relegation season when they were absolutely shit.

Connolly has 5 in 39 - just one goal short of the same goal ratio as "he is a goal scorer" Florin Andone. Connolly is shit but at least he hasn't been sent off yet for acting like a twunt.

None of our strikers are good, including Andone. That's the problem Potter has, not failing to manage players with some edge, whatever that means.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It will be difficult for Andone to be up to speed following his serious injury and more importantly, there are questions about if he's good enough for the PL.

However, he surely has to be worth a gamble in the coming weeks. We've seen enough of Connoly and Maupay to know that, at least for the immediate future, they won't score the goals to keep us up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Goal scorer? He's scored 4 goals in 26 appearances for us so far, including 2 against Hudds in their relegation season when they were absolutely shit.

Connolly has 5 in 39 - just one goal short of the same goal ratio as "he is a goal scorer" Florin Andone. Connolly is shit but at least he hasn't been sent off yet for acting like a twunt.

None of our strikers are good, including Andone. That's the problem Potter has, not failing to manage players with some edge, whatever that means.

Andone has never been given a run in the first team. 17 of his 26 "appearances" are from off of the bench.

Andone has scored 4 in 944 minutes playing for the Albion.
Connolly 5 in 1,982.

Claiming that Goals don't count if they're against "absolutely shit" teams is quite ironic, considering our challenge in scoring against lesser teams.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Andone has never been given a run in the first team. 17 of his 26 "appearances" are from off of the bench.

Andone has scored 4 in 944 minutes playing for the Albion.
Connolly 5 in 1,982.

Claiming that Goals don't count if they're against "absolutely shit" teams is quite ironic, considering our challenge in scoring against lesser teams.

Most of Andone’s minutes were playing in a Hughton team as well, where I imagine he wouldn’t have had nearly as many chances.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Most of Andone’s minutes were playing in a Hughton team as well, where I imagine he wouldn’t have had nearly as many chances.

Indeed.

His 4 goals coming from 20 shots

Maupay 17 from 152
Connolly 5 from 59

I keep posting these stats and they are pretty meaningless really.
Andone may not be anywhere near as effective as he was before the injury.

However posters stating that Andone is not a decent finisher, particularly in comparison to our current front line! Crazy.

Andone was kept out of the team by Glenn Murray (37 goals from 201 shots)
If he's anywhere near as good now, he walks into this team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed.

His 4 goals coming from 20 shots

Maupay 17 from 152
Connolly 5 from 59

I keep posting these stats and they are pretty meaningless really.
Andone may not be anywhere near as effective as he was before the injury.

However posters stating that Andone is not a decent finisher, particularly in comparison to our current front line! Crazy.

Andone was kept out of the team by Glenn Murray (37 goals from 201 shots)
If he's anywhere near as good now, he walks into this team.
Ok, I didn't realise he was anything like as clinical as that, so on that basis I'd happily see him given a chance. He should certainly get a start ahead of Connolly, because he is particularly shite.

All I'd say is that my comments on it being a toss up between him and Locadia still stands, so give him a chance by all means but don't be surprised if Andone turns out to be no better than Maupay, I know I won't be.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Where is izquierdo??? Are we really delaying playing him because we have to pay Bruges a fee? Relegation is 150m so seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
dont agree with you either. He played in a boring ch team who didn't create a lot. A bit of toughness upfront and a change of personal could be a good option. He'll put everything into the cause. If it works out great if it doesn't then there's nothing lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here