[Albion] Florin Andone just tweeted training pics of himself

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Lamptey and Andone back in training for Albion!"

Official Club YouTube video :

https://youtu.be/uMpegxJ61j8

Thanks for sharing that, Sparkie.

I'd imagine most of us have been in a foul mood since Monday, so it's great to see the players working hard on the training pitch and putting the game behind them.

No spin or excuses, but plenty of team spirit and competition for places with players coming back from injury, new starts, new chances...

Here's to 3pm Saturday and 3 points!

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Regards GP and Andone - from the outside, from what we understand or think GP is "about" I can't for a moment think why he wouldn't accept Andone back. His whole approach is one of understanding, but he also has that commitment to the vision that he holds himself and the team accountable to. You either commit to it - every single day, through thick and thin, or you don't. The team will ahve agreed behaviours and values that they all signed up for and if you are not prepared to live those or be held accountable to them you have no place in the team - you are too great a risk to the team and it's progress. I doubt the red-card was the reason. I would guess there was a whole lot of stuff observed in a relatively short space of time. When crunch time came, Andone didn't get on board. I would think assuming Andone has recognised that, made his peace with the rest of the team, he will be welcomed back with open arms. If not he will be gone again.. I would love to see him back available - another option and if they can make the system work, a front line with Maupay and Andone would annoy the s@*t out of most defenders!! Would our very own Costa and Suarez!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
CDAFF51C-ADA1-40D2-B794-651AF8FBFE3A.png

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Regards GP and Andone - from the outside, from what we understand or think GP is "about" I can't for a moment think why he wouldn't accept Andone back. His whole approach is one of understanding, but he also has that commitment to the vision that he holds himself and the team accountable to. You either commit to it - every single day, through thick and thin, or you don't. The team will ahve agreed behaviours and values that they all signed up for and if you are not prepared to live those or be held accountable to them you have no place in the team - you are too great a risk to the team and it's progress. I doubt the red-card was the reason. I would guess there was a whole lot of stuff observed in a relatively short space of time. When crunch time came, Andone didn't get on board. I would think assuming Andone has recognised that, made his peace with the rest of the team, he will be welcomed back with open arms. If not he will be gone again.. I would love to see him back available - another option and if they can make the system work, a front line with Maupay and Andone would annoy the s@*t out of most defenders!! Would our very own Costa and Suarez!

This all day :thumbsup:
We need a bit of an attitude to get past the niceness that we are described as.

If we can have this sort of effort from Albion’s forward line, in order to haul us back up the table, I'll be happy as much as the next Albion fan :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So long as he stays on the pitch and behaves himself in training Andone is exactly what we need. Hopefully doesn't need an ego war with Maupay as I'd play both of them.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
So long as he stays on the pitch and behaves himself in training Andone is exactly what we need. Hopefully doesn't need an ego war with Maupay as I'd play both of them.

Yes,andone coming back is like a new signing and just what we need.
I think he is exactly what maupay needs too.
I agree,play them both and I actually think they will complement each other,maupay will improve with andone alongside him and it will feel like TWO new signings.
Exciting news.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
https://youtu.be/uMpegxJ61j8

Did I see Ankergren in the background?

You did. Must admit I didn't realise he was still there!

Didn’t he join the keeper coaching team ?

I don't think the relevant webpage is still available to view, but taken from my notes of the announcement of his playing release on May 20 2017:-

Meanwhile, third-choice goalkeeper Casper Ankergren, who last season made one appearance for Albion in the FA Cup, and one as an overage player in the EFL Trophy against Leyton Orient, will be offered a new backroom role with the club.

The Dane, who joined the club in 2010, will combine training, coaching and scouting duties under the guidance of Albion's goalkeeping coach Ben Roberts.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Would seem odd to me that the club’s official Twitter retweeted Andone’s tweet today if he had no chance of being back in the fold with a chance to prove himself and possibly play .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100% this........complementary players, and shithousery upfront on a truly epic scale. The oppo would HATE facing that pair.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m looking at this, kind of like: how would I feel if we’d just landed him on a free...? full Romania international, decent track record in top divisions... not over the hill, actually (in theory) about to hit his peak years... has a streak, and passion... likes a bit of a rumble...

If the question is (which it is) - how do we start scoring more often? Then perhaps this guy might just be the answer.

As others have said, him being in the mix should (again in theory) push Maupay to a new level.

It’s win, win time.

Patience will now be needed whilst he builds his fitness... we need to remember there’s a long, long way to go, indeed: win, lose or draw on Sat and NOTHING will be decided.

It’s looking like Florin might well have his day, the return of the prodigal son? hmmmmm I bloody hope so.

ALBION!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’s in FULL training. Last weekend of March for the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. He’s been in training for weeks. Now he’s fully training with the first team which means expected to do everything from full drills to ball work. I can see him and Lamptey both being available for Newcastle, possibly even bench for Soton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here