Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixtures released at 9am today

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well two out of the three teams you qouted have played in the Premier League so given that your team have never achieved that, it's a bit surprising that out of all the clubs in this year's Championship you picked those? ???

How old are you? I'll give you a clue, Premier League is simply a re-branded First Division and we have achieved that.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
How old are you? I'll give you a clue, Premier League is simply a re-branded First Division and we have achieved that.

So, just to get it straight, have you been in the Premier League or not? Sorry, I'm just not clear on your answer.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not really interested in joining the Premierscum AGAIN. But I just wondered. For reasons of accuracy and all that. That's all of course.

Edit... Oh, I'm 43. Not sure how that makes a difference but now you know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tin-pot outfit!
Priceless. There's your 17th placed club in your run down tatty old shed of a ground with a supermarket at one end, and then there's us with a space age ground and with more season ticket holders this time round than you managed in your biggest gate of last season (including the 6,000 West Ham supporters)

There's only one tin pot team around here, and it aint us. You're not even the biggest club in your area any more, you soppy no-mark.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Priceless. There's your 17th placed club in your run down tatty old shed of a ground with a supermarket at one end, and then there's us with a space age ground and with more season ticket holders this time round than you managed in your biggest gate of last season (including the 6,000 West Ham supporters)

There's only one tin pot team around here, and it aint us. You're not even the biggest club in your area any more, you soppy no-mark.

And literally unable to give tickets away.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
and then there's us with a space age ground

Dunno about space age but I certainly saw a lot of space in the ground after Wilf did the bizz last September!! Maybe that's what you mean?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
From a club well used to seeing spaces in the stands.

Oh, we're back to attendances again are we? That's a new one Dick. How are we going to decide this one? Average over the last, say, 5 years or shall we do it over the last 12 months? What do you think would be best to make sure you win the argument? i wonder? And don't give out the old shit about Withdean holding 6000 or whatever. How come you rarely filled that then? Plastic numpty's...........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, we're back to attendances again are we? That's a new one Dick. How are we going to decide this one? Average over the last, say, 5 years or shall we do it over the last 12 months? What do you think would be best to make sure you win the argument? i wonder? And don't give out the old shit about Withdean holding 6000 or whatever. How come you rarely filled that then? Plastic numpty's......... ..

We regularly sold out the home stands at Withdean, petal.

For the occasions we didn't I expect it was to do with the shocking standard of football, and the appalling 'facilities'. You know - the reasons why you never fill yours.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
We regularly sold out the home stands at Withdean, petal.

For the occasions we didn't I expect it was to do with the shocking standard of football, and the appalling 'facilities'. You know - the reasons why you never fill yours.
No you didn't regularly sell out the home stands. That is b/s and you know it. Occasionally you did, yes, of course, but you keep spinning this tale of Withdean was always full of Brighton fans...it wasn't!!! I fully sympathise with your predicament at the time but where were all your plastics during these times? On the train to Chelsea maybe?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No you didn't regularly sell out the home stands. That is b/s and you know it. Occasionally you did, yes, of course, but you keep spinning this tale of Withdean was always full of Brighton fans...it wasn't!!! I fully sympathise with your predicament at the time but where were all your plastics during these times? On the train to Chelsea maybe?

In the first two years at Withdean, the place was sold out every game. After 5 or six years of watching league two / one crap in the pouring rain, a portion of those chose to go less regularly. If you ever went there you'd fully undertsand.

Then, in the final year it was full again.

Even in the years in between, whenever a table was published, showing attendance as % of capacity, we were invariably top.

Still. Carry on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is absolutely feeble. Our gates were well above the league one average during our time there. And most away fans would go once, and not return, such was the dire experience. Even you didn't sell out your tiny allocation in the game you won 3-2. I'd say our gates held up pretty well, all things considered. Don't forget, there was no walk-up trade at Withdean (or the Amex for that matter). Unlike at yours, you couldn't just rock up to Withdean and be allowed in. (That is a massive consideration and the main reason our sales & marketing guys have pushed to sell as many season tickets as possible at the Amex)

And your gates are WOEFUL at the moment, and some of the excuses for this are far FAR worse than those being given for us not getting to Withdean. After our draw there, some people were moaning they wouldn't be back because of that steel wall. I mean, FFS.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
If you ever went there you'd fully undertsand.

Still. Carry on.

Oh, I did go there hans!!! ''Jobi, in the last minute'' ring a bell? :D:D

As great as that was, yes, I do understand how bad it was for you. But that fact only reinforces the plastic supporter argument. Just where were they during these tough times? From 5-6k to 18k??? Come on, if they are not plastic fans then what is? Honestly??

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As great as that was, yes, I do understand how bad it was for you. But that fact only reinforces the plastic supporter argument. Just where were they during these tough times? From 5-6k to 18k??? Come on, if they are not plastic fans then what is? Honestly??

At first I thought you must be about 12. Now I just think you must be a bit thick.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You went from 51,700 to 4,000 in 5 years. In between, you suffered just ONE relegation. Care to explain how you lost 92% of your "fans" in less than 5 years?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook

Listen Jimmy.

Go get some sandpaper and rub it across your nose a lot. Break the skin until it bleeds. Dab the blood off with a tissue then re-print the blood stains all over your face, till it looks like you have pox. Take a photo and publish it on Facepage or whatever. Then tell all your friends how clever you are.

When you have finished try and forget all this nonsense you spout off.

TVM.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Well, we know they couldn't be at Selhurst park as you'd have surely noticed one of the stands not being empty...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here