Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fixtures released at 9am today

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
This is absolutely feeble. Our gates were well above the league one average during our time there. And most away fans would go once, and not return, such was the dire experience. Even you didn't sell out your tiny allocation in the game you won 3-2. I'd say our gates held up pretty well, all things considered. Don't forget, there was no walk-up trade at Withdean (or the Amex for that matter). Unlike at yours, you couldn't just rock up to Withdean and be allowed in. (That is a massive consideration and the main reason our sales & marketing guys have pushed to sell as many season tickets as possible at the Amex)

And your gates are WOEFUL at the moment, and some of the excuses for this are far FAR worse than those being given for us not getting to Withdean. After our draw there, some people were moaning they wouldn't be back because of that steel wall. I mean, FFS.
Simster, I find it hard to argue most of your points. Our crowds are shit. 13000 - 17000 is not good enough. Hands up. I don't dispute your attendance is higher. BUT..............................How do you argue that 12000 of your fans are not plastic supporters? Where were they when your club really needed them? At home watching Sky? At Fratton Park? At St Mary's? I dunno but they certainly weren't at the Withdean.
Shit facilities is not a reason either. Christ, I'm sure a lot of us has been at the old open terraces travelling hundreds of miles to watch us lose at places like Barnsley where everyone is pissing at half time in an open toilet in the rain, eating complete dogshit pies etc..but that was football! It didn't stop us! But yet the reson you lot give for the missing 12000 in the Withdean days is shit football and shit facilities? It doesn't add up mate.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
At first I thought you must be about 12. Now I just think you must be a bit thick.

Oh Dick, let's not get into an intellectual arguement please. I'm sure there will only be one winner.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
For Burnley away, tickets are currently cheap between London and Manchester on Virgin Trains.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, I did go there hans!!! ''Jobi, in the last minute'' ring a bell? :D:D

As great as that was, yes, I do understand how bad it was for you. But that fact only reinforces the plastic supporter argument. Just where were they during these tough times? From 5-6k to 18k??? Come on, if they are not plastic fans then what is? Honestly??

I'll write it in really small, simple words for you:

There were all these chaps, right, and they liked watching football. Their team was Brighton. They used to go all the time, and had a lovely time, with their friends. They'd have a beer, rock up at the stadium, pay a few pounds, and cheer on their team.

One day, a bad man came along, promised to help the club, but actually stole their stadium, and sold it to build a toyshop.
The club could have gone out of business, and very nearly did, but just clung on to life, playing at a borrowed stadium, some 80 miles away. The group of friends were sad, because they didn't get to follow their Saturday ritual anymore. One of them still went, and a couple of others went now and again, but it was difficult.

Then, two years later, a way was found, to move the club back to Brighton. This was great, but it wasn't back to a proper ground, but to the place years previously, where the group of chums used to have their school sports day. There were some temporary seats, and some portaloos, but ultimately it was still a low-grade athletics track. It was novel though, and a few of the freinds went again more often. It wasn't like before though - they couldn't decide on the day, as it wasn't allowed, to buy a ticket at the game. And there was no roof, so if the weather was bad, it wasn't very nice.

And the team were not very good, as the directors had decided that the club should only employ players that they could actually afford to pay, unlike some other naughty clubs, who just cheated.

A few years later a lifelong fan of the club, who had been propping things up financially for some time, decided the time was right to take full control. He started, by investing a large sum of money, in the form of an unsecured interest free loan, to build the team a proper football stadium. He also employed a clever man to manage the team.

The team got better, and when they moved to their shiny new stadium, they were playing in a higher league. There was lots of excitement around the city, and all the groups of old freinds got chatting and decided that they missed the old days, and that now there was a decent standard of football to watch, in appropriate surroundings, thet they should start attending regularly again. A couple of people in this circle of friends asked if a new pal could come along too, who'd only taken a passing interest previously. "Of course" said the others, "the more the merrier".

So many of these groups of pals wanted to come, that after one year, the nice owner had to pay to install lots more seats, in the nice new stadium, but they all got sold too, before they'd even been fitted.

The end.

Last edited:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You are making your case without an argument from me.

Fair point. Is this now a spelling contest? Neither you or simster have responded to the main points of our argument have you? About your plastics.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This "plastic" thing always makes me laugh. I've always thought of a plastic as the sort of "fan" who wears his Man U or Chelsea shirt down to the local but never actually goes to a game.

We have loads who are queuing up to actually go to a game.

Therefore either Palace have loads more plastics than us or 11,000 is only going to ever be the limit of their crowd in Shithurst Park.

I'd love to know which one it is.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Simster, I find it hard to argue most of your points. Our crowds are shit. 13000 - 17000 is not good enough. Hands up. I don't dispute your attendance is higher. BUT..............................How do you argue that 12000 of your fans are not plastic supporters? Where were they when your club really needed them? At home watching Sky? At Fratton Park? At St Mary's? I dunno but they certainly weren't at the Withdean.
Shit facilities is not a reason either. Christ, I'm sure a lot of us has been at the old open terraces travelling hundreds of miles to watch us lose at places like Barnsley where everyone is pissing at half time in an open toilet in the rain, eating complete dogshit pies etc..but that was football! It didn't stop us! But yet the reson you lot give for the missing 12000 in the Withdean days is shit football and shit facilities? It doesn't add up mate.

They couldn't all be at the Withdean anyway you dimwit!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As great as that was, yes, I do understand how bad it was for you. But that fact only reinforces the plastic supporter argument. Just where were they during these tough times? From 5-6k to 18k??? Come on, if they are not plastic fans then what is? Honestly??

I guess I must be one of those Plastics then.

First game at Goldsone 1974, first three seasons at Withdean STH (having seen a fair few, but by no means all the games at Gillingham.)

Got so fed up with the crap facilities/dire football I gave up watching at Withdean, and only went to away games. Still very much a supporter.

Now myself and son have 2 x ST at The Amex.

I guess I'm a 'Johnny Come Back' fan.

I think you'll find there are several thousand of us at The Amex.

I remember Palace getting over 50,000 at Selhurst - where are they now? I would suggest you need to worry more about where your own fans have gone, rather than where ours have returned from.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

There were all these chaps, right, and they liked watching football. Their team was Brighton. They used to go all the time, and had a lovely time, with their freinds. They'd have a beer, rock up at the stadium, pay a few pounds, and cheer on their team.

One day, a bad man came along, promised to help the club, but actually stole their stadium, and sold it to build a toyshop.
The club could have gone out of business, and very nearly did, but just clung on to life, playing at a borrowed stadium, some 80 miles away. The group of
freinds were sad, because they didn't get to follow their Saturday ritual anymore. One of them still went, and a couple of others went now and again, but it was difficult.

Then, two years later, a way was found, to move the club back to Brighton. this was great, but it wasn't back to a proper ground, but to the place years previously, where the group of chums used to have their school sports day. There were some temporary seats, and some portaloos, but ultimately is was still a low-grade athletics track. It was novel though, and a few of the freinds went again more often. It wasn't like before though - they couldn't decide on the day, as it wasn't allowed, to buy a ticket at the game. And there was no roof, so if the weather was bad, it wasn't very nice.

And the team were not very good, as thedirectors had decided that the club should only employ players that they could actually afford to pay, unlike some other naughty clubs, who just cheated.

A few years later a lifelong fan of the club, who had been propping things up financially for some time, decided the time was right to take full control. He started, by investing a large sum of money, in the form of an unsecured interest free loan, to build the team a proper football stadium. He also employed a clever man to manage the team.

The team got better, and when they moved to their shiny new stadium, they were playing in a higher league. there was lots of excitement around the city, and all the groups of old freinds got chatting and decided that they missed the old days, and that now there was a decent standard of football to watch, in appropriate surroundings, thet they should start attending regularly again. A couple of people in this circle of freinds asked if a new pal could come along too, who'd only taken a passing interest previously. "Of course" said the others, "the more the merrier".

So many of these groups of pals wanted to come, that after one year, the nice owner had to pay to install lots more seats, in the nice new stadium, but they all got sold too, before they'd even been fitted.

The end.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I guess I must be one of those Plastics then.

First game at Goldsone 1974, first three seasons at Withdean STH (having seen a fair few, but by no means all the games at Gillingham.)

Got so fed up with the crap facilities/dire football I gave up watching at Withdean, and only went to away games. Still very much a supporter.

Now myself and son have 2 x ST at The Amex.

I guess I'm a 'Johnny Come Back' fan.

I think you'll find there are several thousand of us at The Amex.

I remember Palace getting over 50,000 at Selhurst - where are they now? I would suggest you need to worry more about where your own fans have gone, rather than where ours have returned from.
And I am the same. STH for the first 2 seasons at Withdean, then kids came along and football took a back seat and there really wasn't the motivation to change my weekend routine. Then two years ago, we won the league playing some lovely football and I struggled to get a ticket ever, and so I thought "I fancy getting a season ticket at the Amex. And my boy is ten so he'd probably love it too". And he does, and I do, and the experience is so good that I have renewed. And others agree with me, which is why we have 23,000 season ticket holders.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

There were all these chaps, right, and they liked watching football. Their team was Brighton. They used to go all the time, and had a lovely time, with their freinds. They'd have a beer, rock up at the stadium, pay a few pounds, and cheer on their team.

The club could have gone out of business, and very nearly did, but just clung on to life, playing at a borrowed stadium, some 80 miles away. The group of
freinds were sad, because they didn't get to follow their Saturday ritual anymore. One of them still went, and a couple of others went now and again, but it was difficult.

Then, two years later, a way was found, to move the club back to Brighton. this was great, but it wasn't back to a proper ground, but to the place years previously, where the group of chums used to have their school sports day. There were some temporary seats, and some portaloos, but ultimately is was still a low-grade athletics track. It was novel though, and a few of the freinds went again more often. It wasn't like before though - they couldn't decide on the day, as it wasn't allowed, to buy a ticket at the game. And there was no roof, so if the weather was bad, it wasn't very nice.

And the team were not very good, as thedirectors had decided that the club should only employ players that they could actually afford to pay, unlike some other naughty clubs, who just cheated.

The team got better, and when they moved to their shiny new stadium, they were playing in a higher league. there was lots of excitement around the city, and all the groups of old freinds got chatting and decided that they missed the old days, and that now there was a decent standard of football to watch, in appropriate surroundings, thet they should start attending regularly again. A couple of people in this circle of freinds asked if a new pal could come along too, who'd only taken a passing interest previously. "Of course" said the others, "the more the merrier".

The end.

I believe they all lived happily ever after.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

There were all these chaps, right, and they liked watching football. Their team was Brighton. They used to go all the time, and had a lovely time, with their friends. They'd have a beer, rock up at the stadium, pay a few pounds, and cheer on their team.

The club could have gone out of business, and very nearly did, but just clung on to life, playing at a borrowed stadium, some 80 miles away. The group of friends were sad, because they didn't get to follow their Saturday ritual anymore. One of them still went, and a couple of others went now and again, but it was difficult.

Then, two years later, a way was found, to move the club back to Brighton. This was great, but it wasn't back to a proper ground, but to the place years previously, where the group of chums used to have their school sports day. There were some temporary seats, and some portaloos, but ultimately it was still a low-grade athletics track. It was novel though, and a few of the freinds went again more often. It wasn't like before though - they couldn't decide on the day, as it wasn't allowed, to buy a ticket at the game. And there was no roof, so if the weather was bad, it wasn't very nice.

And the team were not very good, as the directors had decided that the club should only employ players that they could actually afford to pay, unlike some other naughty clubs, who just cheated.

The team got better, and when they moved to their shiny new stadium, they were playing in a higher league. There was lots of excitement around the city, and all the groups of old freinds got chatting and decided that they missed the old days, and that now there was a decent standard of football to watch, in appropriate surroundings, thet they should start attending regularly again. A couple of people in this circle of friends asked if a new pal could come along too, who'd only taken a passing interest previously. "Of course" said the others, "the more the merrier".

The end.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is brilliant, now even amoeba should be able to understand it.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom

The end.

I hear Hollywood have taken an interest and have John malcovitch playing The bad man in his dodgy French accent from johnny English

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here