Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 10

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I find Semi-pro (like on fifa 09) is too easy i can win 3-0+ and Pro is too hard (usually end up losing or drawing at best). Anyone else find this?

I was like this on Fifa 09 - I ended up playing on the hardest level even though I was losing/drawing a lot of games, and just trying to prevent relegation (pretty realistic huh!). Now I'm playing on the hardest level, and winning most games. You just have to keep at it, like a lot of games!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I find Semi-pro (like on fifa 09) is too easy i can win 3-0+ and Pro is too hard (usually end up losing or drawing at best). Anyone else find this?

i play world class and its just the right level for me, i find with my manager mode (currently play as valencia, no idea why i just like their bat kit) that im beating teams i should, and struggling against the better teams, there are also a few shock results (i lost 2-1 to almeria after have a 1-0 lead) so its all good for me.

if your struggling to find goals this is what i do:

ithe best thing i find is to build up the play slowly (like in real life) till you either find a gap, or do the L1-Passing (1-2 pass, so the player who has just passed the ball makes a run forward) then you can either lob the ball over the defense with a lofted through ball (L1+triangle) so hes 1 on 1 with the keeper, or just play around till you get an opening. you cant go in gung-ho like in pro evo where you just run in side to side and expect to score. long shots work tons better than last year, so always worth trying, sometimes itll squeeze in the bottom corner.

try out free kicks in arena mode too, helps loads, youll start banging them in after a while, and you can try them with the 2nd free kick taker which means the keeper takes another half second (or less) to react

hope this helps at all, might not work for you but definitely helps me

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I get loads of crosses in and corners but I score less than the real albion. Frustrating :tantrum:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
i play on semi pro and I find that the only challenge is scoring.. letting in goals just doesn't happen.. maybe I should ramp it up a bit and get serious.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i play world class and its just the right level for me, i find with my manager mode (currently play as valencia, no idea why i just like their bat kit) that im beating teams i should, and struggling against the better teams, there are also a few shock results (i lost 2-1 to almeria after have a 1-0 lead) so its all good for me.

if your struggling to find goals this is what i do:

ithe best thing i find is to build up the play slowly (like in real life) till you either find a gap, or do the L1-Passing (1-2 pass, so the player who has just passed the ball makes a run forward) then you can either lob the ball over the defense with a lofted through ball (L1+triangle) so hes 1 on 1 with the keeper, or just play around till you get an opening. you cant go in gung-ho like in pro evo where you just run in side to side and expect to score. long shots work tons better than last year, so always worth trying, sometimes itll squeeze in the bottom corner.

try out free kicks in arena mode too, helps loads, youll start banging them in after a while, and you can try them with the 2nd free kick taker which means the keeper takes another half second (or less) to react

hope this helps at all, might not work for you but definitely helps me

As a Vetran PRO EVO player, fifa is a completley different game tactically wise, wingers are great to run and cut in with the ball and shoot. iv pretty much stopped bothering with crossing it as defenders are useally to good in the air.

the chip over the top works well but im rubbish at round the keeper so go for the lob or tuck it away in the corners ( has anyone masterd the dummy shot?)

One thing i really struggle with is corners, whats the best approch? i cant believe people play this on anything less than the hardest level, whats the point overwise, you never get any good. :mendoza:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
As a Vetran PRO EVO player, fifa is a completley different game tactically wise, wingers are great to run and cut in with the ball and shoot. iv pretty much stopped bothering with crossing it as defenders are useally to good in the air.

the chip over the top works well but im rubbish at round the keeper so go for the lob or tuck it away in the corners ( has anyone masterd the dummy shot?)

One thing i really struggle with is corners, whats the best approch? i cant believe people play this on anything less than the hardest level, whats the point overwise, you never get any good. :mendoza:

Cheeky bit of curl on the corners always works a treat, keepers tend to stay on their line more and its harder to defend against, then you just have to time the header well

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Playing at legendary FIFA 9 - top of league/semi's of champs league with Lyon (2nd season) the key is speedy players I think, front line of Govou, Benzema and Podolski all rated now at 95+ for speed, Chilleni at the back 95+, just like real football 'speed is what you need', you get to the ball first, no-one gets past you. Is FIFA 10 really worth the upgrade?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Legendary is just about keeping the ball
and patient build up
play. Managed to draw 1-1 at anfield with Albion in the fa cup 4th round. Will play the replay later.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Finishing is so much harder, besides that I am adjusting to it. I play it on world class, I usually win but I get the ocassional thrashing.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
i scored a free kick with Dickinson last night from roughly where Gerrard scored against Hull the other week. it was the last minute, i was already 4-0 up, 40yards out. i figured, hey just smack it. looped over the keeper and into the far corner.

quite possibly the best goal i have EVER scored on a fifa game. got no trophy for it though :(

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i scored a free kick with Dickinson last night from roughly where Gerrard scored against Hull the other week. it was the last minute, i was already 4-0 up, 40yards out. i figured, hey just smack it. looped over the keeper and into the far corner.

quite possibly the best goal i have EVER scored on a fifa game. got no trophy for it though :(

Did you save it though? you can watch it over and over again, and when your mates come round, bore the hell out of them with it! :lolol:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

Wouldn't have gone in against me! :mendoza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here