Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 10

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As someone who's not played football manager games since the Commodore 64/BBC B, and now owns a PC, PS2 and Wii.... is it worth me getting it on any of these platforms? I don't really want to get a new console just to play FIFA...

By the way, I much prefer Footy Manager games than arcade style football games, if that helps.

PApa

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
i play world class and its just the right level for me, i find with my manager mode (currently play as valencia, no idea why i just like their bat kit) that im beating teams i should, and struggling against the better teams, there are also a few shock results (i lost 2-1 to almeria after have a 1-0 lead) so its all good for me.

if your struggling to find goals this is what i do:

ithe best thing i find is to build up the play slowly (like in real life) till you either find a gap, or do the L1-Passing (1-2 pass, so the player who has just passed the ball makes a run forward) then you can either lob the ball over the defense with a lofted through ball (L1+triangle) so hes 1 on 1 with the keeper, or just play around till you get an opening. you cant go in gung-ho like in pro evo where you just run in side to side and expect to score. long shots work tons better than last year, so always worth trying, sometimes itll squeeze in the bottom corner.

try out free kicks in arena mode too, helps loads, youll start banging them in after a while, and you can try them with the 2nd free kick taker which means the keeper takes another half second (or less) to react

hope this helps at all, might not work for you but definitely helps me

I guess i'll just have to keep at it, hard with a shit team who cant sign players like albion though

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (can't be bothered to look back through all the pages) but does anyone know how to sign a player, i try signing, free agent, loans, money transfers, for players as good as my current ones even some a lot shitter and i cant sign them, they all say NO!
I have signed 2 or 3 players but they have all been from sending the scout out. i know its not been out long, but has anyone figured out how to sign a player when you're managing the albion??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As someone who's not played football manager games since the Commodore 64/BBC B, and now owns a PC, PS2 and Wii.... is it worth me getting it on any of these platforms? I don't really want to get a new console just to play FIFA...

By the way, I much prefer Footy Manager games than arcade style football games, if that helps.

PApa

Anyone?

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (can't be bothered to look back through all the pages) but does anyone know how to sign a player, i try signing, free agent, loans, money transfers, for players as good as my current ones even some a lot shitter and i cant sign them, they all say NO!
I have signed 2 or 3 players but they have all been from sending the scout out. i know its not been out long, but has anyone figured out how to sign a player when you're managing the albion??

you have to bump their wages up so it gets to 85% if u do this you'll probably sign em 9 times out of 10 unless their jack wilshire of course lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here