Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 10

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Not played the console versions yet but have played the iPhone version and was slightly dissapointed.

Kits are wrong, no sponsors or badges on lower league teams presumably to save space
Can sign £10m rated players with your 30m budget
said £10m play no better than a 100k player
controls take a hell of a lot of getting used to, still not there yet

But for 5 quid its good for on the go gaming

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I purchased Fifa today but seeing as my Xbox is currently in Frankfurt having it's red ring of doom operated on for the 3rd time! I would just like to ask a few questions.

1. In manager mode is it sunny every week like in 09.
2. In manager do you get 700k a week through unreal sponsors or are your weekly earning more realistic E.G. you get less than 100k a week and money is deducted due to wages?
3.How do I change the stadium and what is that Withdean look alike stadium called.
4.Is it still impossible to score out of the box with a lower league club.

Replies would be appreciated.

1. No, weather is different almost every game.
2. Still a little unrealistic, but not as much as 09.
3. Edit teams > Stadiums > Euro Park.
4. Nope, scored a few great goals with Arron Davies and Bennett.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I've made a BIG mistake on manager mode. I put all my youngsters up for loan, and a few of the older chaps up for sale (Hawky, Hart, etc.), thinking that I will be bringing in a few better players to strengthen the team. First week went past, and I had an offer for EVERY player I listed, so I agreed to them all, still assuming I'll bring some players in. Uh oh. Absolutely NO-ONE wants to come to me. It's either, Brighton arn't good enough, or, my teams too good and their worried about a place!! Investing heavily in the negotiator staff but still no luck. If anyone manages to buy anyone, especially in the LB, RB or midfield department, please let me know who! I really should quit and start again, but having now played all of the friendlies, and three games of the season I can't be arsed. Just EVERYONE is knackered now for every game :lolol: Be warned folks.

Although sitting 9th in the table I decided to start again today without selling / loaning everyone out. Wasn't much fun playing every game with everyone absolutely knackered.

Haven't played any fixtures yet, but have put in several bids for players putting their wages up very high ensuring their 'interest in club' was 85% (which seems to be where it stops). We'll see.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
We turned them over 4-0 at their place, all the goals coming in the last twenty minutes after defending hard up to then.

Nicely done. As per my other posts, I was playing with a completely knackered team, so it was no suprise he ran past my defenders with ease. Will see how I do this time round.

1. No, weather is different almost every game.
2. Still a little unrealistic, but not as much as 09.
3. Edit teams > Stadiums > Euro Park.
4. Nope, scored a few great goals with Arron Davies and Bennett.

Thanks. I have to say I hate the way you are given loads of money as the challenge to sign players is gone, plus the fact that now it seems harder to get players to come to you, so I presume you are left with loads of unrealistic money!

Oh well. Glad about answers 1 and 4 though

:yahoo:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Thanks. I have to say I hate the way you are given loads of money as the challenge to sign players is gone, plus the fact that now it seems harder to get players to come to you, so I presume you are left with loads of unrealistic money!

Oh well. Glad about answers 1 and 4 though

:yahoo:

I can't remember if it was the case on 09, but you now invest heavily in a number of staff departments (attack, midfield, defense, keeping, stadium, negotiator, etc) and the more you invest, the more it costs. I think the first two or three upgrades are around 400k each, and it keeps getting more expensive.

I can't remember if it was the case on 09, but you now invest heavily in a number of staff departments (attack, midfield, defense, keeping, stadium, negotiator, etc) and the more you invest, the more it costs. I think the first two or three upgrades are around 400k each, and it keeps getting more expensive.

That's indeed what I did in 09 but would much rather have a budget representative of say football manager or something...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Has anyone done the be a pro yet? If so, is it still 3 years?

Also, is manager mode a lot different from the previous years?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I've read you can get the stadium to look like Withdean, but how close is it? Is the away end really far away? No roof on the south stand? The Sportsman? Green seats?

Also, are all of the other grounds shown as they look in our leauge (and the Championship/Premiership)?

Willl buy it soon, i think.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I've read you can get the stadium to look like Withdean, but how close is it? Is the away end really far away? No roof on the south stand? The Sportsman? Green seats?

Also, are all of the other grounds shown as they look in our leauge (and the Championship/Premiership)?

Willl buy it soon, i think.

Has the athletics track and one of the stands is real far away. Thats about it.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Is there the play offs, as this has really annoyed me about previous years

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Not played the console versions yet but have played the iPhone version and was slightly dissapointed.

Kits are wrong, no sponsors or badges on lower league teams presumably to save space
Can sign £10m rated players with your 30m budget
said £10m play no better than a 100k player
controls take a hell of a lot of getting used to, still not there yet

But for 5 quid its good for on the go gaming

no one real has ever played fifa on an iphone

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Like what?

Transfers are more realistic.
Opposition teams change there line up and shape to counter yours.
Midweek and cup games now played at night.
Weather changes depending on time of year.
More realistic sponserships and pay-outs.
Player growth now goes on performances rather than just improving drastically for no reason at all.
Players skill rating changes depending on form.
More realistic board objectives.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sign that bloke up frot for Swindon. Obadeyi or something bloody brilliant. He scored a
hat trick from outside the area on debut and has fired me to 2nd after 27 games(on legendary). Cost me around 900k I think.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I can't get the hang of manager mode. The Albion are bottom after ten games and I have only scored about three goals. I'm starting again on professional level rather than world class. Anyone got any tips like how the he'll do you score from headers?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is it still easy to score a ridiculous number of goals? In Manager Mode on 09 I got 97 with Torres one season, which seemed a tad unrealistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here