Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 10

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Everthing is brilliant

except....

EVERY time navarro gets the ball all the conmentey says is "alan navvaro here".

EVERY TIME ITS All HE SAYS. I'm now
looking to sell navarro as it's slowly shrinking my brain

May 1, 2009
Just started a manager mode with the Albion. Great realism...tried to sign a few youngsters but they didnt want to come, whereas last year they would.

First game of the season, beat Carlisle 6-0. Might need to up the difficulty i think :lol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
So if I take a trip to Asda tomorrow how much can I expect to pay?

You'll be lucky if they still have any left apart from the Wii version.

Withdean Stadium doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to the real thing! The stadium looks a quarter decent in FIFA 10! 1914 indeed!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I've made a BIG mistake on manager mode. I put all my youngsters up for loan, and a few of the older chaps up for sale (Hawky, Hart, etc.), thinking that I will be bringing in a few better players to strengthen the team. First week went past, and I had an offer for EVERY player I listed, so I agreed to them all, still assuming I'll bring some players in. Uh oh. Absolutely NO-ONE wants to come to me. It's either, Brighton arn't good enough, or, my teams too good and their worried about a place!! Investing heavily in the negotiator staff but still no luck. If anyone manages to buy anyone, especially in the LB, RB or midfield department, please let me know who! I really should quit and start again, but having now played all of the friendlies, and three games of the season I can't be arsed. Just EVERYONE is knacked now for every game :lolol: Be warned folks.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's down at the moment!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Everthing is brilliant

except....

I didn't notice this until you mentioned it. Now, I'm extremely f***ed off. It's SO f***ing annoying. :censored:

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
You'll be lucky if they still have any left apart from the Wii version.

Withdean Stadium doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to the real thing! The stadium looks a quarter decent in FIFA 10! 1914 indeed!

Change it to Euro park or Euro arena, cant remember which one but one looks alot like withdean.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just played it for the first time having bought it yesterday.

Bit good, innit?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
To those playing manager mode, if you haven't come across Leeds yet, be warned. After doing pretty well, won a fair bit more than I've lost, I came to playing Leeds, at home, and Beckford scored 5. They've turned him into some kind of machine! Couldn't stop him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've started out on Manager Mode with the Albion, played three friendlies so far:

Carlisle - W 2-0 (Forster, Murray)
Bristol Rovers - W 5-1 (Forster 3, Murray 2)
OGC Nice - L 4-0

Can anyone recommend any players that they've actually managed to get signed, because I can't find anyone interested in joining, even on loan? :(

I purchased Fifa today but seeing as my Xbox is currently in Frankfurt having it's red ring of doom operated on for the 3rd time! I would just like to ask a few questions.

1. In manager mode is it sunny every week like in 09.
2. In manager do you get 700k a week through unreal sponsors or are your weekly earning more realistic E.G. you get less than 100k a week and money is deducted due to wages?
3.How do I change the stadium and what is that Withdean look alike stadium called.
4.Is it still impossible to score out of the box with a lower league club.

Replies would be appreciated.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Everthing is brilliant

except....

Just came on to say exactly the same thing. being playing it this evening with my son who pointed it out early on. Initially we found it funny, now I am ready to kill Alan bloody Navaro. It would at least be bearable if it was Forster or Murray, but Navarro is a fringe player at best but because of the squads lack of fitness he keeps having to play. Grrrrrrr.

Otherwise game if fab though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
To those playing manager mode, if you haven't come across Leeds yet, be warned. After doing pretty well, won a fair bit more than I've lost, I came to playing Leeds, at home, and Beckford scored 5. They've turned him into some kind of machine! Couldn't stop him.

We turned them over 4-0 at their place, all the goals coming in the last twenty minutes after defending hard up to then.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
I've started out on Manager Mode with the Albion, played three friendlies so far:

Carlisle - W 2-0 (Forster, Murray)
Bristol Rovers - W 5-1 (Forster 3, Murray 2)
OGC Nice - L 4-0

Can anyone recommend any players that they've actually managed to get signed, because I can't find anyone interested in joining, even on loan? :(

When you bid for a player, try increasing the wages you are offering!

There is a bar that shows the percentage of chance that they will accept the contract.

Basically the higher the wages you offer, the higher the percentage will be.

Signing young players is always a plan as they don't ask for big wages and their value should increase really quickly.

Danny Rose, Tottenham, 19 year old left winger.
Ricardo Chara Lorma, free agent, 20 year old right back.
Havard Nordtveit, Nurnburg, 19 year old centre back (also plays cdm well).
Sofiane Feghouli, Grenoble, 19 year old attacking midfielder.
Fablo Zamblera, free agent, 19 year old striker.

Also recommend sending out a scout! I got a striker called Davide Perticone on the cheap and he is my best player and captain.

:thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When you bid for a player, try increasing the wages you are offering!

There is a bar that shows the percentage of chance that they will accept the contract.

Basically the higher the wages you offer, the higher the percentage will be.

Signing young players is always a plan as they don't ask for big wages and their value should increase really quickly.

Danny Rose, Tottenham, 19 year old left winger.
Ricardo Chara Lorma, free agent, 20 year old right back.
Havard Nordtveit, Nurnburg, 19 year old centre back (also plays cdm well).
Sofiane Feghouli, Grenoble, 19 year old attacking midfielder.
Fablo Zamblera, free agent, 19 year old striker.

Also recommend sending out a scout! I got a striker called Davide Perticone on the cheap and he is my best player and captain.

:thumbsup:

Nice one, cheers. :smile:

I've moved on a bit further, drawing 1-1 in a friendly against Xerez, then picking up 4 points from my first 2 league games (1-1 against Huddersfield, 1-0 win over Brizzle Rovers) before going out of the League Cup on pens after a 1-1 draw with Darlington. Weird how my team seems to reflect the real Albion in that pretty much all my goals (both of the ones in the league, and the one against Darlo) seem to come from Forster.

On another question - in all the aforementioned games, I've had and conceded a fair few free kicks, but not seen so much as a single yellow card either way. Do they actually exist in this game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here