Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs tier 4

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
he's just parroting bill gates ....he hasn't got a clue ....he's saying what he's told to say ......none of the politicians have a clue.

i've just spent 45 minutes on the phone to a mate of mine in uxbridge , he has a restaurant , he has a few pals round for drinks , he's over 90 k in debt on his business rent ....not in a good place , this is the aspect that the politicians are failing to grasp 100,000's of business owners going to the wall ......:down::down::mad:
They really don’t give a shit about the self employed, they are only interested in the taxed at source employed hence the furlough scheme. I took a BBL the emails I’m getting already reminding me my first Payment is only a few months away is a disgrace considering the situation.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He said that one dose is 91% vs 95% with two

Surely that’s a no brainer to do one if that’s the case?

Completely, we are still learning which vaccine is best anyway.

Really hope they do it, gives us a fighting chance as we enter spring.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
25 against 30?

Difference between Tier 2 and Tier 4?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I said it’s the speed of increase of cases not the current number. Exponentially numbers increase rapidly.

Our numbers in North Wales are below Brighton but we’ve been in lockdown since the weekend.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Inevitable. They should've put you in tier 3 a couple of weeks ago then may not have been necessary.

Nah. Was always going to happen. Tier 4 for everyone from 1 Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No 1st vaccine is 50%. Then second will move your immunity up to 95%.

His proposal was backed up by Professor David Salisbury, the man in charge of immunisation at the Department of Health until 2013.

Just going on this!

His proposal was backed up by Professor David Salisbury, the man in charge of immunisation at the Department of Health until 2013.

He told Today the numbers were "straightforward".

"You give one dose you get 91% [protection] you give two doses and you get 95% - you are only gaining 4% for giving the second dose," he said.

"With current circumstances, I would strongly urge you to use as many first doses as you possibly can for risk groups and only after you have done all of that come back with second doses."

However, he acknowledged this would be harder to do with the Oxford University vaccine, where the efficacy of two doses is 60%

Really wish the anti-lockdown bellends would pack it in, people are dying - just think of someone other than yourself

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
39,237 new cases have been recorded in the latest reporting period in the UK, the highest daily rise so far.

A further 744 Covid-related deaths have been reported, which is the highest number since 29 April.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's a real shame, but we're in such a good position to beat this virus with the vaccines now, we cannot jeopardise that.

Is that the vaccine that we have got, but didn't bother ordering enough doses of, or the two vaccines that still haven't had regulatory clearance?

And why have only half the hospitals and a third of GP surgeries had no vaccines at all yet. It's all too slow. I thought that the vaccinations would be in the tens of thousands a day. Why so slow?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Dear God, that's depressing. If it's 2022, there won't be a normal to get back to.

Think about what that means though. Will we probably have masks, se testing and some international travel warnings/restrictions till 2022? Probably. Does it mean that we'll have this constant cycle of lockdowns, be unable to see family, go to stadiums, gigs etc until 2022? I very much doubt that. I think we'll find some happy medium a lot sooner than that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Just going on this!

"You give one dose you get 91% [protection] you give two doses and you get 95% - you are only gaining 4% for giving the second dose," he said.

"With current circumstances, I would strongly urge you to use as many first doses as you possibly can for risk groups and only after you have done all of that come back with second doses."

However, he acknowledged this would be harder to do with the Oxford University vaccine, where the efficacy of two doses is 60%

I think it does vary. The figures given out this morning came from the COVID 19 survey thing we do daily who analyses the various vaccines coming on tap soon.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Really wish the anti-lockdown bellends would pack it in, people are dying - just think of someone other than yourself

Maybe they are.

Maybe they are thinking of the thousands of businesses that will cease to exist if bungling Boris keeps shutting down the economy

Maybe they are thinking about the thousands who are experiencing severe mental anguish at being locked up for months

Maybe they are thinking about their kids (and the kids of others) who will have no real prospects of getting a job (and therefore a house) once Boris has totally destroyed the economy

Maybe they are thinking about the countless homeless on the horizon when those who have lost their jobs can no longer afford to pay their mortgage or rent.

At this time of year, it is always good to think of others less fortunate

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Horse will have bolted by then, great idea lockdown a small area east Sussex so they can't have Christmas but let the rest of Sussex to have fun and meet loads of people on Christmas day and lock them down once the infections sky rocket

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
That only related to the withdrawal agreement, though I don't think he made that clear at election time.

No. That's what they changed the story to, when questioned. Remember their motto is 'never admit you were wrong;
A bit of Cummings spin there I'd wager.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Maybe they are.

Maybe they are thinking of the thousands of businesses that will cease to exist if bungling Boris keeps shutting down the economy

Maybe they are thinking about the thousands who are experiencing severe mental anguish at being locked up for months

Maybe they are thinking about their kids (and the kids of others) who will have no real prospects of getting a job (and therefore a house) once Boris has totally destroyed the economy

Maybe they are thinking about the countless homeless on the horizon when those who have lost their jobs can no longer afford to pay their mortgage or rent.

At this time of year, it is always good to think of others less fortunate

Sorry, I'm no fan of Boris or his government and they have clearly made mistakes, but the whole shit shower isn't his fault...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Just going on this!

That isn’t what they said on BBC earlier. It was 52% after first jab, 91% after second then 95% a week later. If it was 91% on the first they wouldn’t bother with a second.

All confirmed here.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

Sounds like the Professor is getting confused.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here