Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs tier 4

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This is bound to change again and a full national lockdown will no doubt happen on Boxing Day.

Maybe the best option is to go for a full lockdown, like March, combined with a military co-ordinated vaccination programme, anything else is just tinkering around the edges and will keep us in a never ending cycle of lockdowns!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
They really don’t give a shit about the self employed, they are only interested in the taxed at source employed hence the furlough scheme. I took a BBL the emails I’m getting already reminding me my first Payment is only a few months away is a disgrace considering the situation.

So you took a loan on terms offered which were very generous...Now it`s time to start paying back you think it`s disgraceful of them to want it back !!!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Israel has detected four cases of the new, highly infectious variant of the coronavirus that emerged in the UK, the Israeli health ministry said.

It's already everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Think about what that means though. Will we probably have masks, se testing and some international travel warnings/restrictions till 2022? Probably. Does it mean that we'll have this constant cycle of lockdowns, be unable to see family, go to stadiums, gigs etc until 2022? I very much doubt that. I think we'll find some happy medium a lot sooner than that.
I certainly hope for a more positive path. At present, however, my optimism is in short supply.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They really don’t give a shit about the self employed, they are only interested in the taxed at source employed hence the furlough scheme. I took a BBL the emails I’m getting already reminding me my first Payment is only a few months away is a disgrace considering the situation.
That is a disgrace. Those loan repayments need to be frozen for now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He said that one dose is 91% vs 95% with two

Surely that’s a no brainer to do one if that’s the case?

there would be no point to two doses if that were the case. either Blair is talking nonsense, or is talking up some information from Pfizer and likely in government planning. i recall one dose efficacy was ~50%, just enough to be viable but probably not worth risking it.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land

You've got to be joking, I work with loads of self employed who had their snouts in the trough to the tune of 20 grand whilst still working - its free money time for most of them but it wont be them that have to pay for it it will be those PAYE easy targets its a disgrace.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
there would be no point to two doses if that were the case. either Blair is talking nonsense, or is talking up some information from Pfizer and likely in government planning. i recall one dose efficacy was ~50%, just enough to be viable but probably not worth risking it.

Wait - there's a new strain that is 70% more infectious, but giving more people 50% immunity won't help enough to be worth risking it? I respectfully disagree.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Israel has detected four cases of the new, highly infectious variant of the coronavirus that emerged in the UK, the Israeli health ministry said.

It's already everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Meanwhile in Egypt....

F9489921-F85D-4361-ADD6-FD9E205F1E5A.jpeg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That isn’t what they said on BBC earlier. It was 52% after first jab, 91% after second then 95% a week later. If it was 91% on the first they wouldn’t bother with a second.

All confirmed here.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4826

Sounds like the Professor is getting confused.

I understand the thinking is that the efficacy is 91% after the second dose has been given but before that second dose would have had any effect, i.e. it would have got to 91% regardless.

Seems like a good idea to me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe they are thinking of the thousands of businesses that will cease to exist if bungling Boris keeps shutting down the economy

It's easier to replace a business than it is to replace a life.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Got to do what ever is required to slow the spread another virus mutation they are starting to spring up all over the globe if it continues it won't be long if things carry on as they are that a mutation that is not just more easily spread but will be far more deadly we have got to follow instructions and hope the vaccine is given quickly and in enough numbers to set up herd immunity

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Do behave. The Spanish Flue in 1918 killed up to 100 million people and it rarely gets a mention now.

The difference is that in 1918 there wasn’t the technology to identify the specific virus quickly, to develop vaccines nor to impose effective isolation procedures.

If no action had been taken against the Covid virus the death toll could well be similar.

We do have the means to identify, test, treat and take action against the virus as well as the prospect of an effective vaccine - no politician worth their salt is going to say let the virus run its course even if it means hospitals are over-run and millions die unnecessarily. All the time the virus and it’s variants are in the wild then I can’t see our country returning to “normal” - at the very least the population will have to be vaccinated on a regular basis.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I certainly hope for a more positive path. At present, however, my optimism is in short supply.

I can totally understand that. It does all feel a bit endless at times, but we're getting there. For balance, he did maintain that restrictions could be lifted in Spring, saying "We will get there by the spring. People should just hold on.". I'm never one to stand up for the Tories, I hate them, but I think the whole 2022 thing has been taken out of context (once again) by the media. A journalist asked if it would take till 2022 to be back to normal, Hancock said he was confident it would be before the, hence the quote. It's absolutely dreadful reporting.

Without downplaying the severity of the virus at all, and the need for restrictions, there are many out there who would have you believe that we are truly in the end times now, this is not the case, and frankly my levels of contempt for the frenzied fearmongerers in the media has hit new height. We were told there was no way the PL would resume till September, it resumed in May, we were told there was no way we'd have a vaccine for a few years, we got one in 10 months, notice how quickly people were to speculate that treatments wouldn't work on this new variant of coronavirus, so much has been said which hasn't turned out to be the case. I still maintain that whilst this new variant isn't good, things are still a LOT better than they seem

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The difference is that in 1918 there wasn’t the technology to identify the specific virus quickly, to develop vaccines nor to impose effective isolation procedures.

If no action had been taken against the Covid virus the death toll could well be similar.

We do have the means to identify, test, treat and take action against the virus as well as the prospect of an effective vaccine - no politician worth their salt is going to say let the virus run its course even if it means hospitals are over-run and millions die unnecessarily. All the time the virus and it’s variants are in the wild then I can’t see our country returning to “normal” - at the very least the population will have to be vaccinated on a regular basis.

Most worrying, the longer this ges on, the less chance there is of ever going back to the old 'normal'. Already handshakes look like a thing of the past. There's a generation of kids growing up who regard social media and now social distancing as the norm. How do you turn the clock back from there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here