Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat People on Public Transport should be shot

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
There must be a handful of genuinely very fat people on NSC, by the law of averages. Come on fatties, lets hear from you!

Wheeze your way over to the PC and stub your fingers onto the keyboard and give us your views....

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
On the train today coming back from London with some mates, some lady had a go at one of my mates for having one of their shoes on the opposite seat. She gave a evil look at my friend, wiped the seat (even though it wasn't dirty) and said that she shouldn't have to sit on a dirty chair. Funny thing was, there were plenty of other seats she could have sat on ???

I think commuting in general brings out the worst in people
???

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Berty_G said:
On the train today coming back from London with some mates, some lady had a go at one of my mates for having one of their shoes on the opposite seat. She gave a evil look at my friend, wiped the seat (even though it wasn't dirty) and said that she shouldn't have to sit on a dirty chair. Funny thing was, there were plenty of other seats she could have sat on ???

???

As a seasoned commuter (been commuting from Brighton or HH to London since 1987) I can safely say that commuting does bring out the worst in people. By rights, I should be an axe murderer by now :flameboun

Stumpy Tim

There's little argument that sitting next to a fatty is a nightmare space-wise. However, I once had the seat next to one on a flight from Singapore to London & it wasn't the lack of space that bothered me - it was the f***ing smell. I went to the toilet at least once an hour just to breath some fresh air.

To avoid Barnet never posting again - you don't smell mate

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Berty_G said:

???

:lolol:

I would have had a word with you too.

( and could you please turn your walkman down please ?........., what the f*cks an ipod ? )

Your mate is probably one of those people with their legs extended across the aisle who expects you to walk over them. :angry: :angry: :angry: :lolol:

What seriously winds me up in people running for tubes. (Especially in Camden where I work) I'm constantly getting pushed to one side, by idiots sprinting through crowds to save 5 mins of their poxy lives. One day they will fall on the track and save themselves a few years.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Berty_G said:

???

I agree with the lady on this one...anybody putting their shoes up on the seat on a train or bus are inconsiderate fucks in my eyes. Bet none of them clean their shoes before putting their feet up? I put them on a par with people who spit chewing gum out regardless of where it lands and dog owners who leave their pet's shit where it dumped it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sitting down on the tube where someone has pissed themselves.

I'm done it twice.

( Not that I enjoyed it first time and went back for more you understand..)

Tube seats are unfortunately quite absorbant so it takes a few minutes for the dampness to work its way back up through to seat, into your trousers and onto your arse by a process of osmosis.

Went to work with the faint smell of alcohol infused urine wafting from the seat of my pants.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
clapham_gull said:
Sitting down on the tube where someone has pissed themselves.

I'm done it twice.

( Not that I enjoyed it first time and went back for more you understand..)

Went to work with the faint smell of alcohol infused urine wafting from the seat of my pants.

That's disgusting but I confess to laughing out loud when reading that. Sorry :lolol: I can just imagine you trying to explain the smell to the office hottie you've been after for months...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bwian said:
That's disgusting but I confess to laughing out loud when reading that. Sorry :lolol: I can just imagine you trying to explain the smell to the office hottie you've been after for months...

Hey, got a seat on the way home though.

You've never seen pregnant women or pensioners stand up so fast.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Highfields Seagull said:
From the responses so far it sounds like Barnet is the fattest.

Not really. He is about 7 foot 2 inches tall. Just don't get him onto "leg room in cinemas".

Who has got and can they post the yellow fleece pic BTW? Was it the away end at Barnet? It is soooo funny.

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
*wheeze*

is *gasp* this *wheeze* seat *sweats* taken ?

funny thing happened on the train a few months back. There was an active lady in her 60's/early 70's with her daughter in her 40's who got on at Haywards Heath. All the seats were taken. I was weighing up offering mine, when this lad opposite sprang up and offered his. The daughter promptly sat down ........

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Lush said:
Who has got and can they post the yellow fleece pic BTW? Was it the away end at Barnet? It is soooo funny.

itwas the away end at orient, when we won 2-0 i think. you can just make out me and harveys (plus the stumpster if i remember righly) standing next to him like little gnomes:jester:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Can't see what the fuss is all about. Commute then you'll see. 6 train journeys a day has taught me were to sit and where not to. End of.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Scoffers said:
As a seasoned commuter (been commuting from Brighton or HH to London since 1987) I can safely say that commuting does bring out the worst in people. By rights, I should be an axe murderer by now :flameboun

Absolutely. Not having had to do the commute thing for a couple of months now I'd forgotten just how dehumanising it is. Got a Thameslink back from London Bridge last night about 9-ish after beers with mates. First through the doors on Platform 5 and there was a family of American tourists just lounging about quite happily with their suitcases sort of spread about, on their way to Gatwick, completely oblivious to the mass throng of psychotic Croydon-bound pikeys about to be ridiculously rude to them for no real reason. I sort of just squeezed in next to one of the suitcases and thought no more about it. One muppet immediately started snarling at the family's little kid, aged about ten, 'Why dont you put your suitcase in the luggage rack'. Poor little kid just didn't understand what he'd done to have all this poison come down on his head. He sort of ran off frightened to be next to his mum and dad. At which point all these other creeps started giving ME a load of grief about the suitcase. That went down well...

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
afters said:
itwas the away end at orient, when we won 2-0 i think. you can just make out me and harveys (plus the stumpster if i remember righly) standing next to him like little gnomes:jester:

This one?
01008-24t.jpg

Larger. . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here