FAO The Fuckwit With The Swastika In His Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
London Irish said:
Another product of our university system who descends into childish chav language instantly his point is questioned. Really, really pathetic :)

Of course you weren't condoning Nazism, where did I say that?

What you are doing is blowing up a smokescreen on a thread about Nazi symbolism by trying to distract the subject on to other matters. If you do that of course, you let the likes of Oceanic and his use of offensive symbolism off the hook.

Wheras your comment of "Just the 30 milion was it? That's alright then." does of course represent the height of intellect and cutting analysis. Also just out of interest how does that comment in any way question any point I made?

samparish said:
Wheras your comment of "Just the 30 milion was it? That's alright then." does of course represent the height of intellect and cutting analysis. Also just out of interest how does that comment in any way question any point I made?

No, I was ridiculing your trainspotting attempt to lower the Nazi bodycount, as if that somehow that measurement makes any difference whatsoever whether the use of Nazi symbolism in avatars is appropriate or not.

So your view is that the swastika is just as bad as a lot of other political symbols and therefore allowable? ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: FAO The Fuckwit With The Swastika In His Avatar

somerset said:
..... and how do you know it isn't the Hindu version, which actually pre-dates the german use of the 'swastika' by some margin.

Course it is mate :rolleyes:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Tricky one, I can understand the arguments against and I can understand the arguments for.
Personally I couldn't give a toss, It's a symbol, we beat the bastards and therefore to me it represents a monumental time in History when this nation rose against tyranny and oppression.
If you outlaw something you only make it more appealing.
Anyway, isn't there an option to not show avatars?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
London Irish said:
No, I was ridiculing your trainspotting attempt to lower the Nazi bodycount, as if that somehow that measurement makes any difference whatsoever whether the use of Nazi symbolism in avatars is appropriate or not.

dont be a twat LI.

he was clearly pointing out a factual accuracy. and a fairly hefty one at that don't you think?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If nazi symbols are in appropriate then so are communist ones.

Too much leftwing hypocrisy here.:nono:

Raphael Meade said:
dont be a twat LI.

Well done for adding more chav language to this thread, you must be a graduate too.

I've already answered your point, it makes no difference how many millions the Nazis murdered as to whether swastikas are allowed in avatars. The debate isn't, is the answer 30 million, yes, they are allowed, 60 million, no they are not :glare:

So do you care to form an opinion on the real subject of this thread, or do you want to distract it into irrelevance even further?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am not sure but isn't the Hindu/ good luck symbol transposed (facing the other way)?

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
In the context of the reich and its association with anti semitism and oppression of both german nationals and foreign nationals i find it offensive. In the context of a religious symbol for luck i think its fine. Perhaps Oceanic should clarify (if it isn't blindingly obvious) the context of the swastika.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
I am not sure but isn't the Hindu/ good luck symbol transposed (facing the other way)?

The nazi one "spins" anti-clockwise the buddhist one clockwise. In the same way a crucifix is inverted. Its part of the nazi's love of the occult, got that Nazareen worshipper?:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
Are you sure about that?

I thought that by the end of the 19th century, the swastika was the official emblem of the German Gymnasts' League.

Then at the beginning of the 20th century, the swastika was a common symbol of German nationalism.

It dates back approx 3000 yrs as well. First used in Troy.

We are agreed that it did mean good luck and well being though.

Bloody certain about the planes yes, there are some photos of same in the Imperial War museam as it happens.

Still, once again we find each other at the respective throats over somebody chosing an avitar that somebody finds offensive. This to my mind is rather trivialised by the use of the langauge in the thread's title which would and will cause just as much offence to others.

Frankly, have you lot nothing better to do than squabble over such a small matter ? Why not have a 'Magoo in or out' poll instead for a change ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: FAO The Fuckwit With The Swastika In His Avatar

looney said:
Yea, your a real self rightous whiney bastard and your point is?

Perhaps he is your long lost twin brother Loon :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
looney said:
The nazi one "spins" anti-clockwise the buddhist one clockwise. In the same way a crucifix is inverted. Its part of the nazi's love of the occult, got that Nazareen worshipper?:lolol:

Blimey. Looney in 'quite right for once' scandal !

Ban him now ! :angry: :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Still, once again we find each other at the respective throats over somebody chosing an avitar that somebody finds offensive. This to my mind is rather trivialised by the use of the langauge in the thread's title which would and will cause just as much offence to others.

Frankly, have you lot nothing better to do than squabble over such a small matter ?

Frankly, no, Frank.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
looney said:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Historically, the non-Nazi swastika seems to have been either left- or right-oriented according to place, time or just personal preference, there are examples of both; maybe it just seemed neater to the Nazis to have a one-way swastika, I don't know - it would certainly have fit in with their tastes order and conformity in visual art and symbolism.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
London Irish said:
So your view is that the swastika is just as bad as a lot of other political symbols and therefore allowable? ???

I am not coming to a judgment on whether or not it is 'allowable', that is for the individual to decide and not something that can or should be imposed upon people. Personally I do feel that yes, it is no 'worse' than some other symbols.

As I said, Nazism has a stigma that other oppressive regimes (some of whom actually killed more people than the Nazis, hence why I made the point that they didn't kill anything like 100 million) do not have. For instance you see people walking round wearing t-shirts bearing the hammer & sickle of the Soviet Communist party. You do not see them wearing the swastika (or if you do it is plastered over the front pages of the tabloids and they have to make a public apology). Yet arguably the Soviets killed more people than the Nazis, so why is the swastika considered so offensive in comparison?

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
samparish said:
I am not coming to a judgment on whether or not it is 'allowable', that is for the individual to decide and not something that can or should be imposed upon people. Personally I do feel that yes, it is no 'worse' than some other symbols.

As I said, Nazism has a stigma that other oppressive regimes (some of whom actually killed more people than the Nazis, hence why I made the point that they didn't kill anything like 100 million) do not have. For instance you see people walking round wearing t-shirts bearing the hammer & sickle of the Soviet Communist party. You do not see them wearing the swastika (or if you do it is plastered over the front pages of the tabloids and they have to make a public apology). Yet arguably the Soviets killed more people than the Nazis, so why is the swastika considered so offensive in comparison?

Because one represents a defunct ideology, and one is still used to propagate hatred?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
A52 Seagull said:
Because one represents a defunct ideology, and one is still used to propagate hatred?

Is Communism defunct though? China is still a Communist country and whilst it does not use the hammer & sickle, it does still have a red flag and kill a lot of people.

I see your point though, it just seems strange to me that Nazism is considered that bit more evil than other regimes when statistically they were not really. I think the main reason is down to the Holocaust (which simply by having a name sets it aside from other genocides) and the seemingly industrial methods used to persecute the Jews (though again persecuting the Jews was even at the time most definitely not confined to the Nazis).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here