Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Dean Wilkins - FFS get us a new Keeper!

orry but I thought I'd already answered that question. Again, for fuckwits who like to keep asking the same thing, I'm talking ABOUT him overall, not the past few games.

I also never said he's the worst player to wear an Albion shirt, the the way you try and put it. But I do think as an overall player, whether deference striker or keeper, he's one of the worst players in our current squad. Certainly nowhere near the worst ever, not even worst keeper in the past 10 or so years.

But as other point out, he makes the easy look very difficult, and this is why there is such a divided opinion on here about him. SOme see his specatular saves, and thinks "unbleiveable player", others see them and think, run of the mill. Sure he does the breathtaking now and again, every keeper does.

So answer these points. WHy have most recent managers preferred other keepers?

Why was he not given the number one shirt this season?

He is not the player people on here think he is. I aint going on about his kicking, but I think its clearly the worst I have probably ever seen from a professional keeper, and this puts under more presure than it ever creates.

Secondly watch him closely, get someone who knows what they are looking for watch him closely, and you may find that his spectucluar match winning saves are not as great as they need to be.

And final question, why is it after most games, if Wilkins is asked about a certain players, he heaps priase on them. ASked about Kuipers after the FOrest game, he answer was a cold, "That's what he's there for". Hawlsey even said don't you think he had a great game, and even when pushed Wilkins basically said, that's his job, no praise at all. The Argus even printed "Wilkins Jokingly " played down his performance. Wilkins like other managers before doesn't rate him. There is a pattern.

And final point, when we get a new keeper next season, I doubt if you see as many spectucular saves as Kuipers makes. Because a better keeper than Kuipers get himself in the position not to NEED to make spectacular saves. But I doubt all the Kuipers lovers on here would understand that sentenace.

You clearly have a hidden agenda here-how else could you spout such drivel? Maybe now is the time for you to disclose your real reason because it clearly goes beyond anything to do with football?

Worst kicker of any professional keeper? That alone shows you don't know what you're talking about and your obsessive hatred of Kuipers is clouding your judgement.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
DICK KNIGHT STATED WHEN WE THOUGHT HE WAS OFF TO BOSTON THAT WE DONT HAVE THE BUDGET FOR TWO KEEPERS WE LOST THE YOUNG PROSPECT AND KEPT THE DUD DUE TO f***ing KNOW BETTER THAN EVERY MANAGER MORONS LIKE YOU

boston wanted us to pay them 2 years of kuipers wages to take him off our hands

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If EVERY Albion manager considers him to be, at best, second choice keeper-what on earth is he doing still in the team? And in every manager's team since he's been here. They have all bought in cover/potential replacements but he has seen them all off and always ended up playing regularly unless injured.
\because Roberts retired, Henderson was sold by Dick Knight, NOT Dean Wilkins, and Dick Knight would not buy Flinders when Wilkins wanted him thisd year.
Down to tha manager, Kuipers would be long gone by now

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For your information, MK's kicking and distribution is no worse than most keepers in modern day football. Sometimes his kicks end up with an opposition player-how much of that is because his teammates can't be bothered to move into space? You know, like they don't when we have a throw-in? Our lack of looking for space and the lack of ability to move into a space is obviously down to Kuipers. If piss poor kicking is reason enough to get rid of a goal keeper then just about every team in the world would have a revolving door policy regarding keepers. Weird that the majority understand a goal keeper's primary function is to prevent goals being scored. If they can sometimes turn prevention into attack-that's a bonus.
Are you living in the 70s.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
and why when we concede after he has flapped at a cross and missed does he always blame the defence

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You clearly have a hidden agenda here-how else could you spout such drivel? Maybe now is the time for you to disclose your real reason because it clearly goes beyond anything to do with football?

Worst kicker of any professional keeper? That alone shows you don't know what you're talking about and your obsessive hatred of Kuipers is clouding your judgement.
Hatred. I dont rate him, I dont like him, but why hatred's a bit strong. I haven't slagged him off once. Critised him a lot, but given reasons, but to make out I hate him is trying to blur the issue a bit.

As you can only accuse people of hate within putting your own point across, I'll ask again.

WHy have most recent managers preferred other keepers?

And final question, why is it after most games, if Wilkins is asked about a certain players, he heaps priase on them. ASked about Kuipers after the FOrest game, he answer was a cold, "That's what he's there for". Hawlsey even said don't you think he had a great game, and even when pushed Wilkins basically said, that's his job, no praise at all. The Argus even printed "Wilkins Jokingly " played down his performance.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
orry but I thought I'd already answered that question. Again, for fuckwits who like to keep asking the same thing, I'm talking ABOUT him overall, not the past few games.

I also never said he's the worst player to wear an Albion shirt, the the way you try and put it. But I do think as an overall player, whether deference striker or keeper, he's one of the worst players in our current squad. Certainly nowhere near the worst ever, not even worst keeper in the past 10 or so years.

But as other point out, he makes the easy look very difficult, and this is why there is such a divided opinion on here about him. SOme see his specatular saves, and thinks "unbleiveable player", others see them and think, run of the mill. Sure he does the breathtaking now and again, every keeper does.

So answer these points. WHy have most recent managers preferred other keepers?

He is not the player people on here think he is. I aint going on about his kicking, but I think its clearly the worst I have probably ever seen from a professional keeper, and this puts under more presure than it ever creates.

Secondly watch him closely, get someone who knows what they are looking for watch him closely, and you may find that his spectucluar match winning saves are not as great as they need to be.

And final question, why is it after most games, if Wilkins is asked about a certain players, he heaps priase on them. ASked about Kuipers after the FOrest game, he answer was a cold, "That's what he's there for". Hawlsey even said don't you think he had a great game, and even when pushed Wilkins basically said, that's his job, no praise at all. The Argus even printed "Wilkins Jokingly " played down his performance. Wilkins like other managers before doesn't rate him. There is a pattern.

And final point, when we get a new keeper next season, I doubt if you see as many spectucular saves as Kuipers makes. Because a better keeper than Kuipers get himself in the position not to NEED to make spectacular saves. But I doubt all the Kuipers lovers on here would understand that sentenace.

Does Wilkins ever get down on his knees and suck off any Albion player? Very rarely.

If we had the time and inclination we could easily sit down and calculate the points FDM's won us over his time at the club, and then compare that to the points he's lost us. And you can bet your bottom dollar that he's won FAR more than he's shipped.

Are you a League One (or higher) goalkeeper yourself?! Is that why you say that his 'spectacular' saves are unecessary?! WTF do you know? He's not bloody Carlos Valderama, is he?! It's not just saves - against Leeds (yep, that game again) he came out and stopped a Leeds' striker's one-on-one with a brilliant dive at his feet, saved a dead-cert goal that was caused by a defensive f***-up.

I don't think the sun shines out of Kuipers' arse. But neither do I think (as you did indeed say) that he is the one of the worst players to wear an Albion shirt. To say so, is at best idiocy, and at worst utter lunacy.

Stop this bloody witch hunt now.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Does Wilkins ever get down on his knees and suck off any Albion player? Very rarely.

If we had the time and inclination we could easily sit down and calculate the points FDM's won us over his time at the club, and then compare that to the points he's lost us. And you can bet your bottom dollar that he's won FAR more than he's shipped.

Are you a League One (or higher) goalkeeper yourself?! Is that why you say that his 'spectacular' saves are unecessary?! WTF do you know? He's not bloody Carlos Valderama, is he?! It's not just saves - against Leeds (yep, that game again) he came out and stopped a Leeds' striker's one-on-one with a brilliant dive at his feet, saved a dead-cert goal that was caused by a defensive f***-up.

I don't think the sun shines out of Kuipers' arse. But neither do I think (as you did indeed say) that he is the one of the worst players to wear an Albion shirt. To say so, is at best idiocy, and at worst utter lunacy.

Stop this bloody witch hunt now.

Witch Hunt. Who's on the witch hunt? I've already said I didn't mean one of the worst to wear the shirt, rather postion for positon one of our worst current players so why base your last point on that?
Wilkins DOES praise indivuals players a lot. I doubt if he gets on his knees and sucks them off (how does your mind work:safeway2:) but he certainly heaps praises on players after most games.

But when you refer to sitting down to see if he saves us more than he fucks up, is a very blinkered view. Great saves, to cock ups, any pro keeper will win the saves hands down, as would Kuipers. I'm talking about goals that are down to him, not just cause he drops a cross.

But no one who's slagging me off, has yet tackled the question if he's so f***ing great, why did no other team come in for him, and why has every Albion manager done their best to replace him? Giving an answer of I dot give a f***, doesn't really answer it.

I do not beleive for one second, he is close to being as good as keeper as many on here think he is. In fact I think he is overall a poor goalkeeper. That's my view, and a view I would say is shared by many due to the fact no one brought him (or even took him on a free) and Albions managers try and replace him.

DICK KNIGHT STATED WHEN WE THOUGHT HE WAS OFF TO BOSTON THAT WE DONT HAVE THE BUDGET FOR TWO KEEPERS WE LOST THE YOUNG PROSPECT AND KEPT THE DUD DUE TO f***ing KNOW BETTER THAN EVERY MANAGER MORONS LIKE YOU

boston wanted us to pay them 2 years of kuipers wages to take him off our hands

Don't shout you moronic fuckwit.

Your diatribe is tedious and boring and shouting abuse doesn't improve your argument any.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Burnsie Burnsie Burnsie, what are you like.

By the way, exactly what has Kuipers done that makes you despise him so much, of the pitch that is.
WHy do you think I despise him. I said I don't like him, that's hardly despise or hated someone.

The reason I don't like him, is I think he is a very selfish player.

He's comes across as a bully to me. I'd love to see him have a pop at Butters, but then he probably nows better not to. BUt he'll sream and moan at the younger lads at the club.

THe main reason i dont like him, is whenever he is second choice, or more to the point, whenever we have another senior keeper at the club and he's second choice, all he can do is keep going on about how he should be in the first team.

The only reason Kuipers is still here, is because of the chairman. Manager after manager, icnlkuding the current one, want shot of him, but the chairman knows best and won't let him leave. That's another topic about Dick Knights interference in team affairs, but I certainly wouldn't say I despise Kuipers, but Idont like him, and I dont rate him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
one thing that pissed me off about kuipers was that as a senior pro he did nothing to support and protect henderson from unjustified criticism coming from kuipers loving idiots like you

people who KNOW better than every albion manager because you rate him and all the managers who regarded him as second best are wrong
Erm, because he's a loyal player and loves the club. Er, no, that don't seem right:nono:

Er, because he was telling eveyone at the time he should be the number one keeper, and could wait to see the back of him mmmmm maybe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Kuipers is perfectly adequate for our current ambitions. I would prefer effort to be spent on looking at other areas of the team which need improvement.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
WHy would he. At the same time he was playing in the reserves telling anyone who would listen , that he should be playing in the first team. As I said before he a ME ME ME ME ME type of player.

So f***ing what? What's the problem with that?

Shock, horror - a player who thinks he should be in the first team. Yeah, what a self-important wanker.

Almost as bad as someone being blinded by their own incoherent rage, I'd say.

and just abusing people without answering or making a point of your own, hardly helps your case does it?:nono:

It doesn't matter what answer I'd give-if it isn't slagging off Kuipers he'll resort to name calling (remember who started with the insults). I was simply responding to a shouted insult.

Same can be said about you-you clearly have an agenda and you seem to be doing all you can to unsettle the player and the side-you think your vindictive nonsense doesn't find its way back to the players? Still-you carry on, you're obviously having a great time undermining one of our key payers with unsubstantiated nonsense. When you've finished on him, who will be your next victim?

Mayo? Lots of scope there. Hart? Same as Mayo. Murray? Cox? Robinson? Take your pick and have fun.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I neither like nor dislike Kuipers personally. I think he's had a good season this year and I think his kicking seems to have improved. I also think he wasn't personally to blame for any of the goals... it was a catalogue of mistakes.

HOWEVER...... FDM is an average League One keeper... no more no less and for a side who now have apsirations of promotion, either he needs to be replaced or another keeper is needed to promote real competeition for the spot.

FDM has been with us a long time and that shoudl be respected. I do not think he is anywhere near the quality of Roberts, Beasant and Flinders nor do I think he has the best temperament...... though his behaviour at Northampton was shocking ( El Abd was just as bad probably but noone goes to lengths to worship HIM... who by the way has been in and out of the team, had some great performances and UNLIKE FDM has never thrown his toys out of the pram when not playing... surely more right to ICON status?... plus he's happy to break the legs of any player who tries to take the piss out of the Albion! :))

Again, Kuipers has done what has been asked of him and done it well... that's all.. let's not exaggerate either way.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It doesn't matter what answer I'd give-if it isn't slagging off Kuipers he'll resort to name calling (remember who started with the insults). I was simply responding to a shouted insult.

Same can be said about you-you clearly have an agenda and you seem to be doing all you can to unsettle the player and the side-you think your vindictive nonsense doesn't find its way back to the players? Still-you carry on, you're obviously having a great time undermining one of our key payers with unsubstantiated nonsense. When you've finished on him, who will be your next victim?

Mayo? Lots of scope there. Hart? Same as Mayo. Murray? Cox? Robinson? Take your pick and have fun.
Why do think I have a clear agenda. I crisitised one of our players. I have NOT slagged him off, or been abuseive to him. Everything |i've said I've explain my reasons, yet you try and turn it into a witch hunt and accuse me of having an agenda. It's called an opinion, many have them.

But once again, when asked direct points you just have a have a go at someone without adding to the debate.

I'll ask for the umpeth time

WHy have most recent managers preferred other keepers?

And final question, why is it after most games, if Wilkins is asked about a certain players, he heaps priase on them. ASked about Kuipers after the FOrest game, he answer was a cold, "That's what he's there for". Hawlsey even said don't you think he had a great game, and even when pushed Wilkins basically said, that's his job, no praise at all. The Argus even printed "Wilkins Jokingly " played down his performance.

And why do you think I'll move onto another player. My thread was about Kuiper no one else. But is accusing me off slaggin off players I haven't even mentioned easier than answering questions, in a thread you clearly have opinions on??

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I neither like nor dislike Kuipers personally. I think he's had a good season this year and I think his kicking seems to have improved. I also think he wasn't personally to blame for any of the goals... it was a catalogue of mistakes.

HOWEVER...... FDM is an average League One keeper... no more no less and for a side who now have apsirations of promotion, either he needs to be replaced or another keeper is needed to promote real competeition for the spot.

FDM has been with us a long time and that shoudl be respected. I do not think he is anywhere near the quality of Roberts, Beasant and Flinders nor do I think he has the best temperament...... though his behaviour at Northampton was shocking ( El Abd was just as bad probably but noone goes to lengths to worship HIM... who by the way has been in and out of the team, had some great performances and UNLIKE FDM has never thrown his toys out of the pram when not playing... surely more right to ICON status?... plus he's happy to break the legs of any player who tries to take the piss out of the Albion! :))

Again, Kuipers has done what has been asked of him and done it well... that's all.. let's not exaggerate either way.
f***ing hell. Be careful, some'll tie you to the stake for saying that. WITCH WITCH. Burn Him!!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here