Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Dean Wilkins - FFS get us a new Keeper!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Withdean Wanderer. He did alright, made a couple of solid stops. But the fact he's been fantastic the last two games, and generally very good all season doesn't hide the fact that he made a cock-up which cost us today (although he wasn't the only one).[/QUOTE]

What are you referring to, his goal kick that ended up as a goal?? How the hell did that cost us the game, what about the first & second goals before that? And as easy 10 quite rightly pointed out, there were several chances to clear the ball....
Besides, Port Vale should have been about 6 goals up by then.

How you can pick him out to say he cost us the game is absolutely absurd. The whole team was awful and they all cost us the game.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
just seen the highlights - the second goal he leaps over the ball completely, which is pretty funny actually as the ball trickles past him on the ground and he is in the air

the third one, poor kick, but it still should have been dealt with by the defence

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
just seen the highlights - the second goal he leaps over the ball completely, which is pretty funny actually as the ball trickles past him on the ground and he is in the air

the third one, poor kick, but it still should have been dealt with by the defence

Just seen that, too, and his salmon-like dive is hilarious, it has to be said :lolol:

But still, his countless match-winning saves more than make up for the odd gaff. The defence were abysmal on Saturday, judging from those highlights - the defeat cannot be blamed solely on FDM.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Just seen that, too, and his salmon-like dive is hilarious, it has to be said :lolol:

But still, his countless match-winning saves more than make up for the odd gaff. The defence were abysmal on Saturday, judging from those highlights - the defeat cannot be blamed solely on FDM.

BUt that's my point. You see that as a gaff, and see match-winning saves that make up for it. I'm on about the goals that are down to him, that are not gaffs, which I, and a few others by the seems of things do notice.

As for Saturday, no doubt questions will be asked of him about the 2nd and 3rd goals, but no way can he blamed for the defeat, as much as the defenders can. Personally I feel the midfield were the main culprits, but overall all 11 players will be upset with their performances.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
BUt that's my point. You see that as a gaff, and see match-winning saves that make up for it. I'm on about the goals that are down to him, that are not gaffs, which I, and a few others by the seems of things do notice.

As for Saturday, no doubt questions will be asked of him about the 2nd and 3rd goals, but no way can he blamed for the defeat, as much as the defenders can. Personally I feel the midfield were the main culprits, but overall all 11 players will be upset with their performances.

I firmly agree that the team have to take a collective responsibility for gash performances. And (shock horror) I do agree with you, having seen it now, that his salmon-impression on Saturday was OTT and unecessary. But I still feel that 'gaffs' like Kuipers' on Saturday for their second goal are few and far between, and that his saves more than make up for it. If the defence hadn't been in McDonalds for the first goal, it would've been a 2-2 draw.

All in all, I'm trusting that, as you say, all 11 players will be upset by the performance on Saturday and that they'll come out fighting on Tuesday at Southend.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think we do need a decent keeper to put pressure on Kuipers I mean god forbid if he was injured.

However whilst he may have had a mare agains Vale like most of the team he also kept us in the Forest game and I understand Wallsall.

So yes Kuipers is more than adequate for this division.

Oh and I would love to see Flinders or the Cheltentham keeper here in the summer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and I would love to see Flinders or the Cheltentham keeper here in the summer.

interesting point that - i believe shane higgs is out of contract at the end of the season or at least the end of next season, as there was talk in the paper about him wanting to test himself at a higher level as he has been at cheltenham for YEARS

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

is he still there? only on the big league weekend thing on sky the other week they had another loan keeper in goal, who looked like he played a blinder

also, anyone know why yeovil are loaning all these players? i am guessing mildenhall must be injured, but if he isnt and is out of favour he is another quality keeper

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Excellent sensible original post, but I'll be very surprised if it was read by the majority. Unfortunately Kuipers can and will never do any wrong in the eyes of most NSC'ers so writing a decent piece about the facts why he shouldn't be in the team wont get you anywhere.

The guy could single handedly be the reason for a relegation season and still people would be looking for other people to blame.

It is impossible to have a debate about whether a player should or should not be in the team when there are so many biased views for him being in there.

To his credit, Kuipers has played well in the 3 or 4 games before Port Vale but was ordinary to say the least before that. He also cant seem to grasp the idea of playing for the jersey, deciding instead to slag off, or at very least not back up people competing for the same position as himself.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
interesting point that - i believe shane higgs is out of contract at the end of the season or at least the end of next season, as there was talk in the paper about him wanting to test himself at a higher level as he has been at cheltenham for YEARS

Yes to be honest Chelters aint gonna go any higher really, so who knows a few extra quid and the *chance* of higher division footer the season after next may tempt him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
is he still there? only on the big league weekend thing on sky the other week they had another loan keeper in goal, who looked like he played a blinder

/QUOTE]

I think Yeovil have a young keeper Begovic, on loan from possibly Portsmouth, and Flinders was recalled and sent out immediately to another club could be Blackpool or somebody up that way but I am fairly sure that I read it was another Championship side.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here