Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic news!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just a formality, apparently.
The drop? Don't care about that as long as we are still in exsistence.
I've lived through Div 3 days as a small boy so it won't be that much of a shock to me as it would our younger fans.

True, I lived through Div FOUR days as a small boy. We used to dream about Palace playing Man U, then in 1973 I actually saw Palace whip'em 5-0.

What's the best Albion have ever managed, by the way....:rolleyes:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You've obviously not heard about it but there's this thing called business.
It happens all the time, apparently.
Money...it's just numbers.

Yeah you're right, boys will be boys eh? Just like those roguish bankers who got a bit big for their boots and lost everybody's money, sent the economy up the spout and still claimed huge great bonuses the likes of which the average working man will never see.

But everyone's forgiven and forgotten them now eh? Just like everyone will happily forget how Crystal Palace have cheated the system, ripped countless individuals and organisations off and "done a Leeds."

I mean nobody even talks about Leeds' dubious credit history anymore now do they? No, we're far too busy gushing with praise over how quickly the wheels have come off their promotion campaign

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Grubby arn't they ?
Whilst I wouldn't (quite) want them to go out of business, its really quite sickening how a football club can be run so catastrophically badly that can go into administration twice in the space of ten years. The authorities seriously need to get a proper grip on this - a poxy points deduction isn't NEARLY enough punishment for the cheating that goes on by the scumbags at clubs like Palace and Pompey.

A mandatory 2 division relegation, with no promotion allowed for a further 2 years. Something like that to stop them spitting in the face of every creditor and club thats run properly within its means.

Funny but I don't remember any refs or opposing players being assaulted by Palace fans over the years. An Orient-supporting mate of mine at the game in 1997 is still livid that Albion weren't thrown out of the league then.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Funny but I don't remember any refs or opposing players being assaulted by Palace fans over the years. An Orient-supporting mate of mine at the game in 1997 is still livid that Albion weren't thrown out of the league then.

Why should the entire club be penalised for the actions of one or two fans? And it's hardly as if BHAFC walked away scot free.

Crystal Palace's financial mismanagement is NOT the fault of the fans, rather that of the people who run the club. It is these people who should be penalised.

If you had a mortgage and the lender managed to lose all its funds through risky trading, ultimately meaning you lost your home because it hadn't been paid for fully, would you be happy to see the directors and shareholders of the bank walk away to form a "new" bank with an ever so slightly different name whilst you were forcibly removed from your home?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and your mate is clearly a knob. That was about passionate fans pro-actively doing something to try to save their club, which was in genuine risk of going for good. As opposed to sitting at their laptops [on an evening their team is playing a few miles away] with their fingers crossed that a combination of Dave Lee Travis and some snide accountancy, will see them through.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Christ on a bike, you've got to go back 13 years to an incident of a bit of jostling on the pitch to dig something up on the Albion :lolol:

No doubt your mate was taking his lead from Barry Hernia - the only reason they blew that whole thing out of proportion and bleated about having us thrown out of the League, was because they were right down there at the arse-end of the table as well at the time, and in severe danger of taking the drop themselves. All Orient were thinking of was straw-clutching at self-preservation, nothing more than that.

Hardly compares with welching on your creditors twice to falsely maintain your position in the upper reaches of the Leagues for the last 15 years, does it.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I genuinely hope that this consortium is the real deal for them.
They are our bitter rivals but i would be gutted if they went out of business.I live for the games when we play each other and in the last 20 years it has not been enough.
I really want to see them survive but would love them to get relegated so we could meet again.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
True, I lived through Div FOUR days as a small boy. We used to dream about Palace playing Man U, then in 1973 I actually saw Palace whip'em 5-0.

What's the best Albion have ever managed, by the way....:rolleyes:

As a small boy i used to dream about us playing Liverpool.
The most we ever conceded against them was 4,how about you?

I do indeed post a lot of utter bollocks. Thats unavoidable with this kind of postcount.

As fans, I appreciate you're not to blame for how the club has been run. But I just find it distasteful how the balloons and streamers come out at (basically) getting away with theft once again.

Its like when Southampton came out of admin with all their debts cleared, then within weeks promptly spunked a million quid on Lambert. Then the fans all start LORDING it over all and sundry over how much "bigger" a club you are, how you've been in the top two divisions all this time, when basically its been achieved through thieving.

2-0 to the Palace in the legalised theft stakes. Anyways, I know you're not 'bovvered', thats crystal clear, so I'll leave it at that and just hope your club get the relegation it so richly deserves.

Hahahahahahahahahaha....and so on and so forth.
You cling on to those thoughts. You'll need them!
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

As a small boy i used to dream about us playing Liverpool.
The most we ever conceded against them was 4,how about you?

I was present at that fateful night, Wiggy.
It was a great catalyst in our season.
Without that result, we wouldn't have got one of the great keepers in Nigel Martyn and then subsequently wouldn't have gone on to finish 3rd in the top flight of English football.
How about you?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I genuinely hope that this consortium is the real deal for them.
They are our bitter rivals but i would be gutted if they went out of business.I live for the games when we play each other and in the last 20 years it has not been enough.
I really want to see them survive but would love them to get relegated so we could meet again.

Pretty much ALL albion fans have the same sentiments. :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is all so completely boring and irrelevant, folks.

Seriously, don't tell me any Palace fans ever actually believed they were in danger of going bust? If they did, well they are even more utterly gullible than we were led to believe.

For God's sake, clubs seem to do this CRISIS thing at the drop of a hat these days: run up stupid debts by paying over the odds for shit players while chasing the dream, then when the money runs out go crying to the ever foolish and loyal fans, who fall for the same old story, contribute yet more of their hard earned to the bucket collections, and quiver their bottom lips obligingly on television when the local TV reporter asks what they'd do if their team ever went out of business.

NOBODY EVER GOES BUST, you fools, not at Championship level anyway, so spare me the "poor old Palace" self=pitying crap- which is a blatant excuse designed to cover up their appalling form, by the way, the only player they sold was Moses- and excuse me while I ignore yet another "Save The Eagles "it really really really could be their last ever game honest guv" campaign

The last League club to go bust was, what, Maidstone United I think, and they were so skint they didn't even have their own ground. There is more chance of Pope Benedict converting to Islam than there is of drama queens Palace going to the wall. We all know that now they're safely into administration, they'll wipe out the debts, bin the more deserving creditors, and start spanking money on new players for next season.

Get over yourselves Eagles.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Kid Jensen.....Kid f***ing Jensen !! Palace have given prefered bidder status to a group who cant afford the club & the ground, are asking for people to invest via the Palace website & are fronted by kid Jensen so their fans are virtually cuming in their pants at the marvellous news :wanker:, surely its not the 1st until thursday or have I lost a couple of days?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
I'll post this one more time as it's yet to sink in for you....
Selhurst Park,
LONDON,
SE 25.

Yes, but legally it's in Croydon, but of course legality means little to a Palace fan, I can see your confusion. Besides which, you squat there now but what about all the rent you owe ? I suppose the landlord will be one of many who gets screwed over.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
what idiot would invest money in Crystal Palace?:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here