Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fantastic news!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This is all so completely boring and irrelevant, folks.

Seriously, don't tell me any Palace fans ever actually believed they were in danger of going bust? If they did, well they are even more utterly gullible than we were led to believe.

For God's sake, clubs seem to do this CRISIS thing at the drop of a hat these days: run up stupid debts by paying over the odds for shit players while chasing the dream, then when the money runs out go crying to the ever foolish and loyal fans, who fall for the same old story, contribute yet more of their hard earned to the bucket collections, and quiver their bottom lips obligingly on television when the local TV reporter asks what they'd do if their team ever went out of business.

NOBODY EVER GOES BUST, you fools, not at Championship level anyway, so spare me the "poor old Palace" self=pitying crap- which is a blatant excuse designed to cover up their appalling form, by the way, the only player they sold was Moses- and excuse me while I ignore yet another "Save The Eagles "it really really really could be their last ever game honest guv" campaign

The last League club to go bust was, what, Maidstone United I think, and they were so skint they didn't even have their own ground. There is more chance of Pope Benedict converting to Islam than there is of drama queens Palace going to the wall. We all know that now they're safely into administration, they'll wipe out the debts, bin the more deserving creditors, and start spanking money on new players for next season.

Get over yourselves Eagles.

In fairness Palace don't actually have their own ground either, they are just tenants at Selhurst, but I do see your point. For as long as they have a sizeable fanbase to ensure a decent turnover then the whopping size of their debts is largely irrelevant because somebody will always want to tap into that healthy group of Surrey fans. At least they will all the while they are a relatively successful club (top 3 divisions anyway)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Funny but I don't remember any refs or opposing players being assaulted by Palace fans over the years. An Orient-supporting mate of mine at the game in 1997 is still livid that Albion weren't thrown out of the league then.

Well of course you've heard an Orient fan's version, a team with a well founded inferiority complex.

What was funny though, the day that Palace tosser got kicked by Eric 'The Legend' Cantona.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
After selhursts posts i think im changing my mind, i think id love it if they went out of business just to imagine his smug face then. Here`s to the consortium failing!!

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Yeah so what.
Thats the second time your mob have racked up a shitload of debt and welched on it, stiffing all your creditors in the process. Your club is scum, and you now know this to be indisputable fact. You should really be embarrassed, but you wouldn't have the class.

Still, carry on. Administration again in 5 or 6 years time no doubt.

Is it true a football club can only go into administration twice?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What I find so puzzling is why Palace fans are quite so thrilled about this alleged deal, it's dependant on the new owners getting the freehold of Selhurst Park, something that neither Jordon or Goldberg could do. Take it as read, it might be in Croydon but to a property developer the land is worth a hell of a lot more as a building plot. Bearing mind it is anything but an ANOB not many people would object to housing there.

What is quite clear though is the fact that Palace at the present time do not have the finance to take them beyond the end of this season, hardly something to be smug about.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The fantastic news will be at 9.50 this evening with the dirty pikey palarse scum even further adrift at the arse end of the table.
The funny news is kid jensen fronting a consortium to try and buy them, it's priceless - going from tangoman to poptastic radio dj after mr gold decided not to invest, and look at what we've got and where were going.
Don't give a monkeys cock if they get wound up and go bust, all I care about in football terms is Brighton Brighton Brighton and if any of the palarse pikeys don't like the shit they get on here it's simple f*** OFF to bbs

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I was present at that fateful night, Wiggy.
It was a great catalyst in our season.
Without that result, we wouldn't have got one of the great keepers in Nigel Martyn and then subsequently wouldn't have gone on to finish 3rd in the top flight of English football.
How about you?

Alright Sussex Wonder..er..sorry..I mean Selhurst Wonderland?

Still on here annoying us Seagulls I see.

I'm glad you seem to have sorted out a consortium but there's still a bit of a way to go. Hope you get stuffed tonight at Watford and we'll see you all at wonderful withers next season. :thumbsup:

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
This news could be the factor that boosts our season. We were brilliant against Cardiff on Saturday but were robbed by stupid decisions again!
You should be hoping for our survival in The CCC because our relegation will see us humiliate you yet again should we be relegated.

f*** you, you pikey palace scum. i hope you lose tonight. i f***ing hate you

f*** you!
I couldn't give 2 fucks whether you've changed your mind or not!

Yes you can. Your barely concealed rage, the fact that you've come to share this information like some 5 year old telling an indulgent adult.

Well done. You might (yes, might) have someone to dig you out of another hole of your own making. Pat on the head and an extra sweetie for Selurst Wonderland. Now run along now, little Miss Potty Mouth.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not out of the woods yet, they consortium need to buy the freehold to scumhurst park which is owned by Pricewaterhouse coopers, and it doesn't look like they've got the cash as it stands.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not out of the woods yet, they consortium need to buy the freehold to scumhurst park which is owned by Pricewaterhouse coopers, and it doesn't look like they've got the cash as it stands.
I was under the impression PWC are marketing Selhurst Park as an ideal property development opportunity either for housing or a retail park.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick

Surprised no one has quoted the banner in tonight's Evening Standard:- 'There are still grounds for concern in Palace takeover' The Consortium in pole postion to buy (Palarse) will only go ahead with a deal if it gets the freehold to Selhurst Park. Can't see PricewaterhouseCoopers selling. Also the alleged consortium is believed to be headed by Steve Parish (Tag Worldwide) & includes Martin Long (Churchill founder & complete tw*t IMO) and Ron Noades, so not looking at all convincing!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was under the impression PWC are marketing Selhurst Park as an ideal property development opportunity either for housing or a retail park.

Quite.

If you're looking at it from a purely greedy developer point of view that land stands to make far more money as housing or retail park (a la Goldstone) than it could ever pull as a football ground.

I'm not saying it's right, but as a businessman you'd have to go for all year round retail over 20 odd days a year of business

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer
After selhursts posts i think im changing my mind, i think id love it if they went out of business just to imagine his smug face then. Here`s to the consortium failing!!

f*** you!
I couldn't give 2 fucks whether you've changed your mind or not!

I think you could, else you wouldnt have replied like that.
Got ya!!!:lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here