Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's like a pack of wolves here tonight since Bozza's revelation.

Whether or not they are the same person, they are still valid views and the abuse given is a bit OTT.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think, TLO and Wanderer, that the lack of information from DK has really not helped. It would appear to me, based on the facts that I know about the manager - he's asked to deliver wither results OR a better team OR a better playing style - that it was a bizarre sacking because Deano delivered in all 3 areas.

So... I really believe people have a right to be pissed off and ask why exactly Deano went and what agenda DK has. It was a very shabby way of dealing with a manager who certainly delivered the goods where it mattered AND bearing in mind that he wasn't some Coppell or Gritt or Taylor. Wilkins has been with the club since the 80s.

Yes, DK has rescued the club but my trust in him diminishes with things like this debacle. No player is bigger than the club and neither is the chairman. He wants our trust and support. Well, he has to start being a little bit more open about what's going on.

Can I say just to end, that it may be that there is some bigger plan and unfortunately DW didn't fit in it but be open and honest with us.

You're effectively (yes, I'm parapharasing) saying 'Wilkins is judged on performances and results'.

Sadly for him, there is FAR more to it than that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Perhaps some things need to be kept private Buzzer to protect both parties.If that is the case then you have no right to know the truth behind the dissmissal of Wilkins but to honour the decision made by the board.We don't have the right to know everything about the club affairs i'm affraid.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's the blue 'British Caledonian' effort for me this season. I wanted to buy a new shirt, but the modern ones are shit so thought I'd stick my £30 into the club for something I actually like this time.

Are you going to Crewe? Now I know who you are, I think it's about time our two picturesque faces took things to the next level and spoke:love:

No, I'm not going.

Sorry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps some things need to be kept private Buzzer to protect both parties.If that is the case then you have no right to know the truth behind the dissmissal of Wilkins but to honour the decision made by the board.We don't have the right to know everything about the club affairs i'm affraid.

Mods! Mods!

Someone's hacked into Algae's account and posted something sensible.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You're effectively (yes, I'm parapharasing) saying 'Wilkins is judged on performances and results'.

Sadly for him, there is FAR more to it than that.

Yep. That's what usually happens with footie managers.

And when, despite them delivering, they still get the sack then I think we're entitled to ask the chairman why.

I think I'm with Merry Prankster on this. I find it bizarre and it really really upset me to hear about it.

DK has to realise that if he wants to carry the fans with him then there needs to be a bit of trust on both sides. He's got ours (or had it, certainly). I'm not sure I fully trust DK to d othe right thing when he starts making what appears to be very odd decisions that are not in the club's best interests.

A bit more explanation and then maybe we might be able to see where DK is coming from.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Agreed. But the sacking of a manager who APPEARS to have done everything asked of him does make me wonder what the hell is going on. Our club has suffered before at the hands of directors machiavellan schemes before. We were promised more openness and honesty from DK.

Well, Dick. I think this is the time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, Dick. I think this is the time.

What do you expect him to do now then (having not revealed all tonight)? Release a statement the day before our opening game spilling the ins and outs of the boards relationship/decision to sack Wilkins?

I'll expand a bit on my view that the decision to sack Wilkins was a collective decision of the Board of Directors.

What this means, deano seagulls and bhadeb, is that it is simply not good enough for you two to keep banging on about the Chairman and the character of Dick Knight. That doesn't tell the whole story.

It is quite likely that opinions about Wilkins evolved throughout the time he held the manager's position. At different times, different members of the board would have thought different things. What happened at the end, however, was that there was a convergence of views that resulted in a collective decision to get rid of him - possibly for a variety of different reasons but, in a sense, none of those individual reasons matter as much as the fact that there was agreement as to what the outcome should be.

The claim that "Dick Knight is lying" is simply an attempt to shift the story away from the FACT that the entire board agreed that Wilkins had to go.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What do you expect him to do now then (having not revealed all tonight)? Release a statement the day before our opening game spilling the ins and outs of the boards relationship/decision to sack Wilkins?

Like I said. I'm not asking for chapter and verse but Wilkins was employed to do 3 things (decent squad, decent position in the table, decent football) he delivered. He wasn't employed to suk up to the players, fans or board. So DK saying "well, it'll all come out eventually so just wait until then" doesn't quite cut it.

If only a statement such as "the board decided that we have a 5 year plan which is X, Y and Z and unfortunately we don't see DW fitting in with it" or "unfortunately, DW and the board disagreed in several fundamental areas that were irreconcilable" rather than the fudge.

I'm doing what I promised myself I wouldn't do here and get incolved in the debates. I'm neither pro DW nor DK or anti either. I'm just a baffled Albion fan who is trying to make a bit of sense amongst the gossip, hearsay and whatever.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'll expand a bit on my view that the decision to sack Wilkins was a collective decision of the Board of Directors.

What this means, deano seagulls and bhadeb, is that it is simply not good enough for you two to keep banging on about the Chairman and the character of Dick Knight. That doesn't tell the whole story.

It is quite likely that opinions about Wilkins evolved throughout the time he held the manager's position. At different times, different members of the board would have thought different things. What happened at the end, however, was that there was a convergence of views that resulted in a collective decision to get rid of him - possibly for a variety of different reasons but, in a sense, none of those individual reasons matter as much as the fact that there was agreement as to what the outcome should be.

The claim that "Dick Knight is lying" is simply an attempt to shift the story away from the FACT that the entire board agreed that Wilkins had to go.

Exactly.It wasn't just Knight's decision to sack him but a collective one.Knight doesn't always pull the strings.From what i remember is that Knight didn't want McGhee to get the chop but he was under alot of pressure from other board members.
Especailly the ones with the clout ie the Blooms

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Like I said. I'm not asking for chapter and verse but Wilkins was employed to do 3 things (decent squad, decent position in the table, decent football) he delivered. He wasn't employed to suk up to the players, fans or board. So DK saying "well, it'll all come out eventually so just wait until then" doesn't quite cut it.

If only a statement such as "the board decided that we have a 5 year plan which is X, Y and Z and unfortunately we don't see DW fitting in with it" or "unfortunately, DW and the board disagreed in several fundamental areas that were irreconcilable" rather than the fudge.

I'm doing what I promised myself I wouldn't do here and get incolved in the debates. I'm neither pro DW nor DK or anti either. I'm just a baffled Albion fan who is trying to make a bit of sense amongst the gossip, hearsay and whatever.

Wait for the beer. OK? :)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Or BBQ Al? I'm looking foward to that.A bit of gossip over a glass of rosey with some old aquantices. :whisky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here