Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A question for another thread: which bit of business was best? The Hammond sale or the fact that, incredibly, Swansea actually PAID us for Leon Knight?

Surely both of these fall by the wayside compared to the signing of Paul Horsfield by Nobby Horton in the close season, who we then sold to Hearts/Hibs a couple of weeks later for £130k, despite him never kicking a ball for us.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely both of these fall by the wayside compared to the signing of Paul Horsfield by Bobby Horton in the close season, who we then sold to Hearts/Hibs a couple of weeks later for £130k, despite him never kicking a ball for us.
Yeah, but it doesn't get people frothing at the mouth like saying Hammond and Knight were both overrated show ponies who we were well shot of - and we were paid for them! It's like the dustman knocking at your door and giving you £50 every time they empty your bins.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
So FINALLY we know the truth, it was all WILKINS fault! Well it took about 200 threads but we got there in the end.

Do you think this thread ought to come with one of those 'Spoiler Alert' messages? Those who've been following the saga as bhadeb battled valiantly not to reveal 'The Truth' might not want to read this thread until they've caught up with all the others.

To be fair to some on here, this scenario has been doing the rounds on here from people who had not spoken to the chairman:

Does Dean Wilkins deserve this treatment? - Page 4 - North Stand Chat

Wilkins - What really went on... - North Stand Chat

SCR Phone In Special - Page 7 - North Stand Chat

Just like a good whodunnit, the potential answer came early on in the story

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bozza and TLO celebrate the OWNING of bhadeb

_44912147_cook_out_get416.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who's Bobby Horton come to that?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Fans Forum Audio:

Hi, I know there have been some technical problems with getting the audio to work but it is up and running now if you want to hear the event in it's entirety - if not least to enjoy Alan Gold giving me a hard time :D

AH

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Brighton | Brighton Fans Forum 2008

I listened to this last night but don't recall DK getting shirty with the laydee that asked about Wilkins (although I was half asleep). Why was that bit edited?

By the way love your commentaries Hawsey. Keep up the excellent work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here