Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You just need that other internet bully, Hiney, and the court jester, El Presidente, and you,ll have the full set.

I'm trying to work out if being called a court jester is an upgrade or downgrade from being the 'grinning tiger', as cjd so splendidly called me recently.

It's a case of :jester: OR

05pressat11.jpg

Is a POLL required to conclude this conundrum?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
First time I,ve bothered to read this thread..............and the end conclusions are, that it,s told me f*** all.
It seems that the forum at Withdean, was far less eventful....( and informative) than the usual slagging off, of various posters on here.
Congratulations to all you people, who have once again, completely abused bhadeb, just because she has different opinion to you. As for all the FACTS spouted on here......(from both sides of the DW argument), as far as I am aware, the only FACTS, are that Dean Wilkins was sacked after achieving 7th place last season. To the best of my knowlegde, there have been NO statements by Dean Wilkins or Dick Knight as to why. We have bhadebs thoughts and statements..........and of course those two well known poodles of Dick Knight.....( Lord Bracknell and TLO), giving their thoughts and statements..............( I mention "poodles" as Lord Bracknell and TLO claim their information has come DIRECT from Dick Knight........that well known advertising business-man.............make of that what you will...!).
I have to say, I am a little fed-up with board and it,s double standards re; banning for abuse for some posters............and yet others.......(particularly that well-known entrepreneurial business failure TLO), can be high and mighty, and abuse at will.
So far, I have noticed four mderators at least make insulting and ridiculing comments on this thread.........Lord Bracknell, Hitony, Roz.......and Bozza. How clever you all are, in your clique. You just need that other internet bully, Hiney, and the court jester, El Presidente, and you,ll have the full set.
This messageboard is overwhelmingly in favour of Dick Knight. I too think he has done very well...........overall. However, surely this does not mean that his decisions should not be brought into question. And should his decisions be brought into question, is it right that the person/persons should be howled down with abuse...?
As regards Bozza,s pathetic answer as to disclosing a persons ID.......(or double ID...LOL..! ), this is surely a breach of ethics on here...? He seems to have time to put people down, when he feels like it...........but cannot be bothered to reply to an e-mail he requested from me....!
In conclusion, I no longer wish to beat about the bush with fancy, arrogant and pointless words......(aka TLO), so I will make my point clearly;........

I think Bozza,s posting was a ****ish thing to do.

I think Lord Bracknell is quite brilliant with planning issues etc etc, but has posted several things recently that I think are ****ish.

TLO is simply an arrogant c.unt.

That is all.

Totally agree on all counts. NSC GOLD?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
...Congratulations to all you people, who have once again, completely abused bhadeb, just because she has different opinion to you.
I'm not sure about the rest of your post (because I haven't read it) bit that statement is untrue. If you've read all this thread, and others to which she has contributed, you'll see that she is NOT being abused simply for having a different opinion.

I do think though that after MONTHS we are now getting down to 'the truth' which is that Hammond didn't want to leave but Knight said "Tough, you haven't signed your contract so you're leaving now whilst we can still get some money for you."

To quote Clarke Gable: "Frankly my dear I don't give a damm."

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
First time I,ve bothered to read this thread..............and the end conclusions are, that it,s told me f*** all.
It seems that the forum at Withdean, was far less eventful....( and informative) than the usual slagging off, of various posters on here.
Congratulations to all you people, who have once again, completely abused bhadeb, just because she has different opinion to you. As for all the FACTS spouted on here......(from both sides of the DW argument), as far as I am aware, the only FACTS, are that Dean Wilkins was sacked after achieving 7th place last season. To the best of my knowlegde, there have been NO statements by Dean Wilkins or Dick Knight as to why. We have bhadebs thoughts and statements..........and of course those two well known poodles of Dick Knight.....( Lord Bracknell and TLO), giving their thoughts and statements..............( I mention "poodles" as Lord Bracknell and TLO claim their information has come DIRECT from Dick Knight........that well known advertising business-man.............make of that what you will...!).
I have to say, I am a little fed-up with board and it,s double standards re; banning for abuse for some posters............and yet others.......(particularly that well-known entrepreneurial business failure TLO), can be high and mighty, and abuse at will.
So far, I have noticed four mderators at least make insulting and ridiculing comments on this thread.........Lord Bracknell, Hitony, Roz.......and Bozza. How clever you all are, in your clique. You just need that other internet bully, Hiney, and the court jester, El Presidente, and you,ll have the full set.
This messageboard is overwhelmingly in favour of Dick Knight. I too think he has done very well...........overall. However, surely this does not mean that his decisions should not be brought into question. And should his decisions be brought into question, is it right that the person/persons should be howled down with abuse...?
As regards Bozza,s pathetic answer as to disclosing a persons ID.......(or double ID...LOL..! ), this is surely a breach of ethics on here...? He seems to have time to put people down, when he feels like it...........but cannot be bothered to reply to an e-mail he requested from me....!
In conclusion, I no longer wish to beat about the bush with fancy, arrogant and pointless words......(aka TLO), so I will make my point clearly;........

I think Bozza,s posting was a ****ish thing to do.

I think Lord Bracknell is quite brilliant with planning issues etc etc, but has posted several things recently that I think are ****ish.

TLO is simply an arrogant c.unt.

That is all.

Even if I disagreed 100% with your opinion on DK, DW etc I would totally respect your right to hold that opinion, but your gratuitous abuse of other posters completely negates that respect. And if I did agree with your opinion, I would be embarrased to be on the same side of the argument of someone who posts in that manner.

Specifically, I cannot agree with you on Bozza's disclosure of bhadeb's double identity and the fact that he/she lied on this board. She accuses, rightly or wrongly, DK of lying, yet lies herself on here. Respect for opinion lost again.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Bozza was absolutely right to divulge that bhadeb lied using an alternate ID to try and bolster her opinion and deny who the other person was. As Knotty says, to accuse someone of lying whilst lying herself is hypocritical.

If, and its a big IF, if she was in possession of proof that DK lied, nobody is going to believe it now. How can anything she says be trusted - all credibility is completely shot to pieces.

cjd may have had a valid point in his rant, however if he did there was so much abuse of other posters in there it was somewhat lost, and it sounded like he was simply ranting and hurling abuse - others have been banned for actions like that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I do think though that after MONTHS we are now getting down to 'the truth' which is that Hammond didn't want to leave but Knight said "Tough, you haven't signed your contract so you're leaving now whilst we can still get some money for you."

Is that right ? And is that what all this is all about ? Sounds like a commercial decision in the interests of the club.

Is that right ? And is that what all this is all about ? Sounds like a commercial decision in the interests of the club.
... or it sounds like someone mishandled Hammond's contract negotiations so badly that he ended up leaving, when he really wanted to stay.

That might have been Hammond himself or his agent or Dean Wilkins, who (from what I heard direct from DK) took the very odd decision (for a manager) to act as someone who saw his role as being to side with the player, rather than the football club, during the negotiations.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Honest question: does BHADeb, and her various odball incarnations, honestly think that a cack-handed combination of insults and promised revelations that never once transpire have actually changed one person's opinion about DK and the board?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I'm perfectly capable of respecting confidentiality - which is why I have never revealed on NSC what DK said to me about DW.

... or it sounds like someone mishandled Hammond's contract negotiations so badly that he ended up leaving, when he really wanted to stay.

That might have been Hammond himself or his agent or Dean Wilkins, who (from what I heard direct from DK) took the very odd decision (for a manager) to act as someone who saw his role as being to side with the player, rather than the football club, during the negotiations.

I understand your point, Pondicherry.

What I have posted this morning ("DK said to me ... ") IS at odds with what I posted last night ("I have never revealed what DK said to me").

But, with bhadeb continuing to believe that only her side of the story is the "truth", I think it's now time for a bit of detail (at least the bare bones) from the other side to get an airing.

Until this morning, I'd not posted any details of what DK had said at the time. So what I posted last night was true. What I've posted this morning might help explain what DK was talking about at the forum when he said he was looking for a manager who could take the Club forward. Irrespective of results on the pitch, Dean Wilkins wasn't that man.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have no particular inside knowledge of all this - but it does seem to ultimately boil down to the word of one man, DK, against another, DW. Everyone puts their own spin on stuff and has their own agenda to look better, so to rely 100 per cent on one version or the other seems unwise.

Knight may have given 'reasons', but the basis for those reasons could have been flawed, or based on personality issues.

However, as I've said before I don't see the point in spending loads of time on this now, especially as we can't know if what was a very big call by Knight has been proved right yet.

By next summer, we'll know - then we can have the whole argument again. Should fill the silly season nicely. Hurrah! :thud:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To answer your first question - I haven't a clue and I don't care either. And, yes, I agree; selling Hammond, whether he wanted to go or was pushed out of the door, was EXCELLENT business and whoever was responsible deserves our warmest congratulations. £250k for someone who was probably going to walk away for nothing in the summer! Brilliant!

A question for another thread: which bit of business was best? The Hammond sale or the fact that, incredibly, Swansea actually PAID us for Leon Knight?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I have no particular inside knowledge of all this - but it does seem to ultimately boil down to the word of one man, DK, against another, DW. Everyone puts their own spin on stuff and has their own agenda to look better, so to rely 100 per cent on one version or the other seems unwise.

Knight may have given 'reasons', but the basis for those reasons could have been flawed, or based on personality issues.

However, as I've said before I don't see the point in spending loads of time on this now, especially as we can't know if what was a very big call by Knight has been proved right yet.

By next summer, we'll know - then we can have the whole argument again. Should fill the silly season nicely. Hurrah! :thud:

The problem with that, TG, is that wherever we finish in the table this season, we'll never know if we would have done better or worse under DW, so any argument will be a waste of time.

That's why I can't agree with those who say that if we finish lower that 7th DK's decision will have been the wrong one. That presumes that we would have finished higher under DW. Under him we might have finished 20th, who knows? You simply can't relate one season to another because there are so many new teams, and even existing teams who have changed personnel so may be much better or worse.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

So FINALLY we know the truth, it was all WILKINS fault! Well it took about 200 threads but we got there in the end.

Do you think this thread ought to come with one of those 'Spoiler Alert' messages? Those who've been following the saga as bhadeb battled valiantly not to reveal 'The Truth' might not want to read this thread until they've caught up with all the others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here