Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

D

Deleted member 2719

Dean WIlkins took us to 7th in the league and didn't deserve to be sacked - How can any Brighton fans be happy with the fact that last night Dick Knight said HE WOULD HAVE SACKED DEAN EVEN IF WE GOT PROMOTED - What sort of board have we got that wants to sack a manager after promtion

When the question was asked about where do they want us to end up the end of the season and Dick and Micky took ages to answer - that should have been a straight forward answer - PROMOTED - that what all of us want isn't it and any football manager/board/club.

One thing i have noticed is how agitated Dick Knight gets when fans don't ask him the questions he dosen't want to hear- he has done it on phone in's with harty as well.

I know on NSC that some fans are happy with Dick Knight and what he does but unfortunately you do not know the real Dick Knight - maybe to put it this way - i was talking to Mary (don't know her surname shes is the oldest STH) "she said it was awful the way Dean Wilkins has been treated by Dick Knight and Dean should still be at the club he loves - there are 2 sides to Dick Knight the one he wants the fans to see and unfortunately the one SOME fans don't see.

Thankyou

I am afraid to say i am worried about Dick and see him in totally a different way since Wilkins dismissal.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
What do you want, a f***ing medal?

How is this possible. there aren't enough hours in the day for you. you spend so much time on here that you cannot possibly visit other sites.
:D:D well said that man. Well Mr Steward it does seem that I am not the only one who thinks you chat just a little too much !

You MUST be really PROUD of yourselves GANGING up like a pack of HYENAS but remember the SAYING he (or she) who LAUGHS last laughs LONGEST and as yet it may well be bhadeb who is RIGHT and all you HALFWITS are the CHUMPS .
I can't wait till the TRUTH comes OUT :clap2::clap2:

She/he has become even more tiresome than you with her/his anti DK drivel and I didn't think that was possible. You're not related are you?

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Dick does now get aggressive when faced with a difficult or in his eyes unwelcome question. At the evening at the town hall for the falmer presentaion, he was asked how much mortgage would be required for the falmer stadium and he said he couldnt answer that as it was confidential for lots of reasons, he was then asked roughly what percentage it was of the total cost and he got really shirty and it was embarrassing for the audience I felt because he got far too narked with what was a fair question and one I wanted to ask as well.

Having listened to what has been said on here about this week`s forum, it seems he`s no better. I think the reason for this is he is getting older and the older you get the less tolerant you become and its all a bit much for him I think at times but he`s just trying to hang in there to get the stadium built and for that alone I will be truly grateful. Yes, he does give Tony Blair a run for his money in the "spin" department at times but ive never doubted his heart is in the right place and for whatever reason wilkins or hammond or anyone else is moved on, he does it with the best of intentions.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Amazing how people still can't tell facts from opinions on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dick does now get aggressive when faced with a difficult or in his eyes unwelcome question. At the evening at the town hall for the falmer presentaion, he was asked how much mortgage would be required for the falmer stadium and he said he couldnt answer that as it was confidential for lots of reasons, he was then asked roughly what percentage it was of the total cost and he got really shirty and it was embarrassing for the audience I felt because he got far too narked with what was a fair question and one I wanted to ask as well.

Having listened to what has been said on here about this week`s forum, it seems he`s no better. I think the reason for this is he is getting older and the older you get the less tolerant you become and its all a bit much for him I think at times but he`s just trying to hang in there to get the stadium built and for that alone I will be truly grateful. Yes, he does give Tony Blair a run for his money in the "spin" department at times but ive never doubted his heart is in the right place and for whatever reason wilkins or hammond or anyone else is moved on, he does it with the best of intentions.

I think he said what he said in the way that he said it because someone had made a completely ill-considered and unsubstantiated accusation at him.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
First time I,ve bothered to read this thread..............and the end conclusions are, that it,s told me f*** all.
It seems that the forum at Withdean, was far less eventful....( and informative) than the usual slagging off, of various posters on here.
Congratulations to all you people, who have once again, completely abused bhadeb, just because she has different opinion to you. As for all the FACTS spouted on here......(from both sides of the DW argument), as far as I am aware, the only FACTS, are that Dean Wilkins was sacked after achieving 7th place last season. To the best of my knowlegde, there have been NO statements by Dean Wilkins or Dick Knight as to why. We have bhadebs thoughts and statements..........and of course those two well known poodles of Dick Knight.....( Lord Bracknell and TLO), giving their thoughts and statements..............( I mention "poodles" as Lord Bracknell and TLO claim their information has come DIRECT from Dick Knight........that well known advertising business-man.............make of that what you will...!).
I have to say, I am a little fed-up with board and it,s double standards re; banning for abuse for some posters............and yet others.......(particularly that well-known entrepreneurial business failure TLO), can be high and mighty, and abuse at will.
So far, I have noticed four mderators at least make insulting and ridiculing comments on this thread.........Lord Bracknell, Hitony, Roz.......and Bozza. How clever you all are, in your clique. You just need that other internet bully, Hiney, and the court jester, El Presidente, and you,ll have the full set.
This messageboard is overwhelmingly in favour of Dick Knight. I too think he has done very well...........overall. However, surely this does not mean that his decisions should not be brought into question. And should his decisions be brought into question, is it right that the person/persons should be howled down with abuse...?
As regards Bozza,s pathetic answer as to disclosing a persons ID.......(or double ID...LOL..! ), this is surely a breach of ethics on here...? He seems to have time to put people down, when he feels like it...........but cannot be bothered to reply to an e-mail he requested from me....!
In conclusion, I no longer wish to beat about the bush with fancy, arrogant and pointless words......(aka TLO), so I will make my point clearly;........

I think Bozza,s posting was a ****ish thing to do.

I think Lord Bracknell is quite brilliant with planning issues etc etc, but has posted several things recently that I think are ****ish.

TLO is simply an arrogant c.unt.

That is all.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
First time I,ve bothered to read this thread..............and the end conclusions are, that it,s told me f*** all.
It seems that the forum at Withdean, was far less eventful....( and informative) than the usual slagging off, of various posters on here.
Congratulations to all you people, who have once again, completely abused bhadeb, just because she has different opinion to you. As for all the FACTS spouted on here......(from both sides of the DW argument), as far as I am aware, the only FACTS, are that Dean Wilkins was sacked after achieving 7th place last season. To the best of my knowlegde, there have been NO statements by Dean Wilkins or Dick Knight as to why. We have bhadebs thoughts and statements..........and of course those two well known poodles of Dick Knight.....( Lord Bracknell and TLO), giving their thoughts and statements..............( I mention "poodles" as Lord Bracknell and TLO claim their information has come DIRECT from Dick Knight........that well known advertising business-man.............make of that what you will...!).
I have to say, I am a little fed-up with board and it,s double standards re; banning for abuse for some posters............and yet others.......(particularly that well-known entrepreneurial business failure TLO), can be high and mighty, and abuse at will.
So far, I have noticed four mderators at least make insulting and ridiculing comments on this thread.........Lord Bracknell, Hitony, Roz.......and Bozza. How clever you all are, in your clique. You just need that other internet bully, Hiney, and the court jester, El Presidente, and you,ll have the full set.
This messageboard is overwhelmingly in favour of Dick Knight. I too think he has done very well...........overall. However, surely this does not mean that his decisions should not be brought into question. And should his decisions be brought into question, is it right that the person/persons should be howled down with abuse...?
As regards Bozza,s pathetic answer as to disclosing a persons ID.......(or double ID...LOL..! ), this is surely a breach of ethics on here...? He seems to have time to put people down, when he feels like it...........but cannot be bothered to reply to an e-mail he requested from me....!
In conclusion, I no longer wish to beat about the bush with fancy, arrogant and pointless words......(aka TLO), so I will make my point clearly;........

I think Bozza,s posting was a ****ish thing to do.

I think Lord Bracknell is quite brilliant with planning issues etc etc, but has posted several things recently that I think are ****ish.

TLO is simply an arrogant c.unt.

That is all.
You meanwhile, are a completely airheaded, self-important f***ing wanker. Touché. Or rather - hypocrite.

And WRONG.

But that's your f***ing problem. :tosser:

And why bring my business into this? Who the f*** do you think you are that you have the f***ing neck to think you can do that?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You meanwhile, are a completely airheaded, self-important f***ing wanker. Touché. Or rather - hypocrite.

And WRONG.

But that's your f***ing problem. :tosser:

And why bring my business into this? Who the f*** do you think you are that you have the f***ing neck to think you can do that?

I wont bother arguing with you, you,re realy not worth it..........I repeat what I posted earlier..........You are simply an arrogant c.unt.

I'm at a complete loss to understand what you are saying about my contribution to this thread. Where is the "insulting and ridiculing comment" that I have posted on this thread?

What came across clearly enough tonight was that the decision about Wilkins was a collective decision of the Board.
I'll expand a bit on my view that the decision to sack Wilkins was a collective decision of the Board of Directors.

What this means, deano seagulls and bhadeb, is that it is simply not good enough for you two to keep banging on about the Chairman and the character of Dick Knight. That doesn't tell the whole story.

It is quite likely that opinions about Wilkins evolved throughout the time he held the manager's position. At different times, different members of the board would have thought different things. What happened at the end, however, was that there was a convergence of views that resulted in a collective decision to get rid of him - possibly for a variety of different reasons but, in a sense, none of those individual reasons matter as much as the fact that there was agreement as to what the outcome should be.

The claim that "Dick Knight is lying" is simply an attempt to shift the story away from the FACT that the entire board agreed that Wilkins had to go.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And WRONG.

Blimey, didn't take much to get you going did it! By why, may I ask, is he 'wrong'. That post is a pretty fair summary really, ignoring the bits about NSC posters (which, for what it's worth, aren't that far wide of the mark).

of course those two well known poodles of Dick Knight.....( Lord Bracknell and TLO), giving their thoughts and statements..............( I mention "poodles" as Lord Bracknell and TLO claim their information has come DIRECT from Dick Knight........that well known advertising business-man.............make of that what you will...!)
For what it's worth, the ONLY discussion I have had with Dick Knight about Dean Wilkins came at a time when his position was that he WASN'T going to sack him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Blimey, didn't take much to get you going did it! By why, may I ask, is he 'wrong'. That post is a pretty fair summary really, ignoring the bits about NSC posters (which, for what it's worth, aren't that far wide of the mark).

Small bit and pieces.

1. Public statements have been made about Wilkins' dismissal.

2. Lord Bracknell and me being poodles of DK. It's pathetic, puerile and silly. It therefore comes under 'wrong'. If anything, between Lord B and DK, it's sometimes the other way round. Myself, I haven't spoken to Dick for months.

3. Him claiming there's a clique. That's bollocks too. A group of people, fed up with bhadeb's persistent unfounded sideswipes at Dick, and vehemently disagreeing with her does not constitute a clique - to wit, and consciuosly organised group formed to gang up on another group. Many just happen - independently of each other - to be fed up of her meaningless jibes.

Still undecided about the 'arrogant cunt' bit though - he could be right about that. He is well and truly out of order mentioning my business though. Where he originally thought he held the high ground, he has brought himself straight back down to the level he placed me on by mentioning that.

Plus it was quite a high and mighty rant - worthy of some 'arrogant cunt' himself.

Last edited:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Can you tell me how my Swipes as you put it are unfounded - we have only heard Dicks side to the story - come to think of it thats all we ever hear - are people paid to keep quiet when they leave this club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here