Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum Live from Withdean

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks for that comment

I can fully understand why some on here think i make this up but i don't - not everyone has been told what i have

As some have already said Dick starts to get arsy/feel awkward when certain questions are asked - people need just to sit and think why is he getting like that

I think it the old saying of "you don't like to hear the truth"

The 'truth' as you have been told.

Who gave you the right to say that your 'truth' holds more sway than anyone else's?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No, it closed up pretty quickly.

However, I did go and speak to Micky (I'd made the comment right at the top about DEMANDING we won the league), and I mentioned about Southend in August 2000.

He does not want - and I mean SERIOUSLY DOES NOT WANT - a repeat of 'bring on the Champions' at Crewe. He will be f***ed off in the extreme.

Can't blame him really but you know some of them going will

Won't be able to manage many if any away games until Oct/Nov this season so can't blame me :p

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You might want to keep a better eye on your computer then, since you and 'bhadeb' have regularly been posting from the same machine.

Quality :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for that comment

I can fully understand why some on here think i make this up but i don't - not everyone has been told what i have

As some have already said Dick starts to get arsy/feel awkward when certain questions are asked - people need just to sit and think why is he getting like that

Yes, Ian Chapman has got morales and he is very loyal

One thing he can't work with is liars

Both posted from the same computer. How strange.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I couldn't get to Withdean tonight, or listen to the radio (been up the Proms as it happens)

Anyone know if SCR has any plans to put it on "listen again" ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
When the question - sorry, statement - was made (off-mike, so it may not have been heard), about 'Dean being treated shabbily', we heard a great deal more from Dick than we'd publicly heard before. 'That's not the whole story' (I'm paraphrasing)

He got irritated because the woman (though the same goes for the rest of us) doesn't know the whole story - she is therefore not in a position to justifiably make that claim - so her perceived side of it doesn't tell the whole tale.

I suspect that there is a two-way street here. For all those that accuse the club of placing a sort of gagging order on Wilkins (I think they would mean a confidentiality clause), I would think that the same would be of the club as well. In other words, if - IF - there is some sort of confidentiality clause in place, the club has to adhere to it as well.

Thanks for that comment

right, but I don't disagree at all

but my point is that we don't know all the facts, and if we did, we'd almost certainly think differently. I am backing DKs decision on the DW sacking because I trust him based on what he has done before.

My issue with the likes of "deano seagulls" is that they are prepared to slag off DK when they CLEARLY no very little about what actually happened.

I think, TLO and Wanderer, that the lack of information from DK has really not helped. It would appear to me, based on the facts that I know about the manager - he's asked to deliver wither results OR a better team OR a better playing style - that it was a bizarre sacking because Deano delivered in all 3 areas.

So... I really believe people have a right to be pissed off and ask why exactly Deano went and what agenda DK has. It was a very shabby way of dealing with a manager who certainly delivered the goods where it mattered AND bearing in mind that he wasn't some Coppell or Gritt or Taylor. Wilkins has been with the club since the 80s.

Yes, DK has rescued the club but my trust in him diminishes with things like this debacle. No player is bigger than the club and neither is the chairman. He wants our trust and support. Well, he has to start being a little bit more open about what's going on.

Can I say just to end, that it may be that there is some bigger plan and unfortunately DW didn't fit in it but be open and honest with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here