Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family's shock at Brighton cruising spot - The Argus

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Are you saying that Dukes Mound being a meeting place for outdoor sex venue for men has been mentioned on NSC before?

Yep. Usually in relation to Withdean wanderer and uncle spielbergs supposed holiday destinations.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Thank you for that, spoken to loads of people at football today and the majority haven't heard of Dukes mound either.

So you were at the game asking people about if they'd heard of Dukes Mound? You couldn't make it up! :lolol:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
3 points
1) There are Pride marches across the world, it's not just Brighton
2) Straight people have al fresco sex too, it's known as dogging
3) Just because you are gay doesn't necessarily mean you are in favour of public indecency

Why use this as a point to push some homophobic agenda, like all gay people think this is ok? This is totally out of order and the offenders should be punished regardless of their sexuality.

Thank you, I have not once used the word gay in my letters, this because it's not an attack on gay people it's about indecency in public.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Here you go:

From the council:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email, referred to us by the council’s Standards & Complaints team. Firstly, we are very sorry to hear about your recent experiences at Dukes Mound, and hope that you and your family are now feeling less traumatised about what happened.

Whilst the council is aware that this area is sometimes used as a public sex environment at night, it is very unusual for this to happen in the day. We work very closely with Sussex Police to ensure that any sexual activity is dealt with quickly and appropriately to ensure that people can feel safe and free to walk through this area. As a result of your complaint, we have asked for increased daytime police patrols in the area. We have also contacted the council’s parks & street cleaning teams to ask that the area is clear of any detritus and that shrubs etc are kept controlled to help minimise the likelihood of this behaviour. I have asked for each team to contact you directly.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about what has happened and hope that our response has explained to you what action we will take to minimise this from happening again.
--------------------------

From Jason KK

Thank you for your email. I'm very sorry to hear about what you and your family
experienced.

I see that you have had a response from our Community Safety Team and have been
in touch with Sussex Police.

There have been long running tensions and concerns about this area that go back
to well before I was a councillor.
I cannot speak for Sussex Police and how they
view the issue. However like them we do have very limited resources and do need
to prioritise how they resources used. So there may be an element of managed
toleration going on. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't believe there is a easy
permanent resolution to this issue. However you should not have been put into
that situation with your family and I will raise it with the Police Borough
commander at our next meeting.

I will continue to be copied in to the emails from council officers on this
matter.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions or
queries.

All the best,
Jason

Straight into deflecting responsibility i see. F'ing politicians

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I think a warning sign is the least Brighton authority should do seeing as they've legalized it with "managed tolerance"

5443347531_ecee6a94d0_z.jpg

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
If I were you, I'd check your daughters "what we did in the school holidays" essay, before she hands it in....

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
men having anal sex in public? Densely populated homosexual areas, homosexual pride marches, I don't think they do.

you clearly don't live in Auckland then, it was Pride last weekend, parade down Ponsonby Road (in nz standard a densely populated gay area).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here