Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family's shock at Brighton cruising spot - The Argus

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Really disagree about the points raised that everyone should know about Dukes Mound. I only know because I walked past it with my sister and she told me about the reputation. Just asked my hubby who grew up in Portslade and he didn't know about it (or so he says!) Loads of people from outside the area do the walk from the marina. Well done Chris on taking the time to try and tackle this problem. I really would not want to see that going on, even worse for children to have to see it.

sorry, nothing to add to the debate, just liked your user name :safeway:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Simple,being gay should be made illegal. Its just f**king wrong. And to think the government want to let them all start getting married!

oh come on now, give us a hug.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And to think the government want to let them all start getting married!
At least it will stop them having sex over benches.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Gutted for Chris and Family, but this is the council thats backs homosexual pride. They won't want to upset the homosexual fraternity.

3 points
1) There are Pride marches across the world, it's not just Brighton
2) Straight people have al fresco sex too, it's known as dogging
3) Just because you are gay doesn't necessarily mean you are in favour of public indecency

Why use this as a point to push some homophobic agenda, like all gay people think this is ok? This is totally out of order and the offenders should be punished regardless of their sexuality.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
At least it will stop them having sex over benches.

Is it the same for homos as straights then? The minute you get married you kiss goodbye to a sex life?

I find that comforting in a strange way.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
On a related note I remember being a youngster taking a shortcut through the woods from Brangwyn Crescent to the Patcham YMCA with my dad when we chanced upon a lady performing what I now know to be fellatio on a man, I was probably about 6 at the time. It was quite funny really.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is it really that bad that you saw a couple of blokes shagging? Is it that bad if you saw a hetrosexual couple shagging? It's just nature taking it's course.

You can easily explain that to a child anyway, kids that age won't know what crusing for gay sex is unless you tell them.Take your pick from any of these excuses:

They were playing rugby

They were playing leap frog but weren't very good at it

They were fighting

One of them was choking and the man was helping him clear his throat

They were picking berries in the bushes

His trousers were broken so the other man had to keep him warm (ok that one's pushing it a bit)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was not "engaged in anal sex" I dropped my contact lens and some nice passer by was helping me look for it when our trousers both fell down by coincidence :glare: Sheesh.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is it really that bad that you saw a couple of blokes shagging? Is it that bad if you saw a hetrosexual couple shagging? It's just nature taking it's course.

You can easily explain that to a child anyway, kids that age won't know what crusing for gay sex is unless you tell them.Take your pick from any of these excuses:

They were playing rugby

They were playing leap frog but weren't very good at it

They were fighting

One of them was choking and the man was helping him clear his throat

They were picking berries in the bushes

His trousers were broken so the other man had to keep him warm (ok that one's pushing it a bit)

Post of the day.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Surprised to hear that. In the late 1970s, flats were cheaper in Kemp Town than Worthing (at least to buy). I couldn't quite afford either though, my main reason for moving north.
BTW, why didn't you call the police straight away if you were so outraged? Are you claiming nobody in your party was carrying one of those new fangled 'mobiles'?

Excuse me?

Yes of course we had mobiles, we were shock but didn't think it was a 999 situation. Not only that we had a 10 year old with us who was traumatised, my wife and I couldn't talk openly about and were desperately trying not to make a fuss for her sake. I expected to see the police not too far away but none were about.
The thing is you don't know what to do, my wife didn't want to talk about it in front of the girls so we had to suppress it until much later when they were home and out of earshot.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Really disagree about the points raised that everyone should know about Dukes Mound. I only know because I walked past it with my sister and she told me about the reputation. Just asked my hubby who grew up in Portslade and he didn't know about it (or so he says!) Loads of people from outside the area do the walk from the marina. Well done Chris on taking the time to try and tackle this problem. I really would not want to see that going on, even worse for children to have to see it.

Thank you for that, spoken to loads of people at football today and the majority haven't heard of Dukes mound either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey, that's a new one on me. However, it does say: 'One source said: "If couples have sex in a location that is not a busy public place or area, and have taken efforts to conceal themselves, they are unlikely to be convicted.' 'But appeal court judges ruled that no crime had been committed as the pair had tried to hide behind bushes and had not intended to be seen.'

The couple in question in this thread did it over a public bench at 2pm - that is not trying to be concealed, so should be an offence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here