Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family's shock at Brighton cruising spot - The Argus

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I am 44 but not sure whats that got to do with it - but i think you have found your natural home in worthing. I am genuinely amazed that you and generations of your family are born and bred in brighton and were not aware of the dukes mound reputation. I mean seriously?? Are you aware brighton is the gay capital of the UK?

I asked your age because your post was immature, I seem to have pissed you off? Why's that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One of the reasons alot of people choose to live in brighton is exactly because of this attitude "managed toleration" eg minorities dont feel prejudiced against
What are you talking about? It's illegal to have sex in a public area. The attitude in Brighton is one of equality, not of 'managed toleration'.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just as a matter of interest, is Dukes Mound solely a male homosexual place? Are straight couples allowed to go and have sex there together as well or do they have their own "managed toleration" areas?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I asked your age because your post was immature, I seem to have pissed you off? Why's that?

I am not pissed off at all - just amazed that you are amazed to see men having sex at dukes mound considering you were born 500 meters from dukes mound. Anyway off to the amex. Lets hope for a good win and no indecent incidents.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is all a bit NIMBYish behaviour isn't it.

I don't want to be too harsh on Chris because admittedly it's not a great situation, but at the end of the day every man and his dog knows about dukes mound. You found out the hard way, so just don't go there anymore, why are you trying to ruin other people's fun?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
In all likelihood as the one bending over the bench was probably the head of the council and the one behind the Chief of Police there may not be much chance of any change in policy.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
When i was a kid, my gran and i used to cut down from Arundel Terrace where she lived to Madeira Drive on the way to the pier. I don't remember it being anything like it is now and certainly back in the day it hadn't become a spot for gays to have sex. Like someone said, what about tourists who happen upon this? "Managed tolerance" is a joke.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe the council should erect some signs warning walkers that sex may be taking part in this are but this is an area of 'managed tolerance'.

Whilst they're at it, they could add a line or two about thinking twice before sitting on the benches unless you want jizz all over your slacks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
gay or not these people are vile.

Forget removing the trees, just put super glue on the benches, or set up a shooting range from Madeira Drive
Is that for the bukkake boys ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
so would it be tolerated if i wanted to smash some strumpets back doors in in full view of passers by at this location..........has the moral custard of this nation been pumped up the arse of some weird pen pushing gay-lord who deems it fit and proper for two homo's to indulge in anal plooking in in full view of the general public........how disgustingly liberated the gays of the village must feel.

I now live in Worthing having migrated along the coast because it's too expensive to live in the City of my father and my birth.
Surprised to hear that. In the late 1970s, flats were cheaper in Kemp Town than Worthing (at least to buy). I couldn't quite afford either though, my main reason for moving north.
BTW, why didn't you call the police straight away if you were so outraged? Are you claiming nobody in your party was carrying one of those new fangled 'mobiles'?

has the moral custard
Excuse me?

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Really disagree about the points raised that everyone should know about Dukes Mound. I only know because I walked past it with my sister and she told me about the reputation. Just asked my hubby who grew up in Portslade and he didn't know about it (or so he says!) Loads of people from outside the area do the walk from the marina. Well done Chris on taking the time to try and tackle this problem. I really would not want to see that going on, even worse for children to have to see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here