Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family's shock at Brighton cruising spot - The Argus

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Your city clean department have informed me that it clears used condoms and lubrication containers every day from Dukes Mound, they also sweep the area three times a week and another department called City Parks have a similar cleaning schedule but they delve deeper into the shrubs.

f*** me, imagine doing that for a living!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have never written a letter of complaint about anything before in my life, I won't let up until they do something tangible to stamp it out - I have contacted the national press and local radio stations and I have received some interest from them to run a story, I am weighing up the best path to take at this time but I won't let it go until it's sorted.

So now you are using a situation you do not like for publicity ?

I suppose he was right about everyone wanting their 15 minutes of fame

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
i unfortunately dont have children despite spunking an obscene amount of money on IVF - if it had worked i would not want them to be exposed to any form of public indecency - i was merely expressing surprise that a person born and bred within 500 yards of dukes mound would go there for a family stroll, fair enough maybe the council should put up signs to alert people to potential botty action....Although there would be plenty of people offended by the sign no doubt?

However I would want my child exposed to different life styles and not to see them as threatening. There is a whiff of homophobia about this thread - i would want my kids to be happy free, educated and not to see any prejudice. Simples really lol.

This is not homophobic at all, it's about public indecency at 2pm during half term, a few yards from family attractions, that Brighton authority are completely aware of it and will do nothing to stop it.

We have gay friends and I'd never say anything to offend them, they are decent people like us and are as appalled as us. This is not homophobic.

Sorry to hear about the IVF thing, we have friends who spent a small fortune doing the same but got there in the end.

Last edited:

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Its a well known fact that half the gays in Brighton were born that way, and the other half got sucked into it.

Was it the 2 men + brown wing combo that bothered you or just the fact that your family came (ahem) across two people having sex? What I mean is would you have written a letter if you'd seen a man and a woman, or even 2 lesbos at it?

It's the fact that I was with my family pal and I don't want my children exposed to indecency, is that really too hard for some people to believe?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
So now you are using a situation you do not like for publicity ?

I suppose he was right about everyone wanting their 15 minutes of fame

I don't want any personal publicity from this and my wife and children won't get involved at all - I do want to bring this and the attitude of the authority out and exposed in order to get the area safe for decent people.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't be a plank.

You are the plank mate, live and let live and just learn from life where or where not to be in future as opposed to now treating this as a route to fame and publicity or just stick to boring Worthing in future

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
you say our city and you dont know about dukes mound? I cant work out if you are local or not and havent read all the thread but anyone who lives in brighton doesnt go for a stroll through dukes mound rightly or wrongly unless they are wanting to play hide the sausage.

One of the reasons alot of people choose to live in brighton is exactly because of this attitude "managed toleration" eg minorities dont feel prejudiced against - this is what makes brighton a great city. Maybe you should consider moving to croydon?

Oh one other question you never boned your missus in the bushes?

Managed toleration ...... Deary me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You are the plank mate, live and let live and just learn from life where or where not to be in future as opposed to now treating this as a route to fame and publicity or just stick to boring Worthing in future

It's good you like that side of Brighton. We quite like boring old Worthing although I've had a good time in Brighton today.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Clearly not, first time since 2001 I read. Went to Ponsonby Road 5 years ago has it become like kemp town then?

No, Kemp Town is Kemp Town, Ponsonby Road is entirely different with a large gay local populace, same as it was 5 years ago when you where there. Vibrant, funny, cosmopolitan suburb - love it.

As for the poster that said NZ was like 1974, f*** off mate, tired cliche, its more like 1993.

D

Deleted User X18H

What are the Police going to say' Aw no really - what ever next, a burglary in Whitehawk , pretentiousness in Five ways'?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I don't want any personal publicity from this and my wife and children won't get involved at all - I do want to bring this and the attitude of the authority out and exposed in order to get the area safe for decent people.

No publicity, you are on an internet messageboard and have written to half of Brighton moaning!

Why don't you use this opportunity to let the kids know about the birds and bees and that some men like the cock? Be enlightened with the kids.

Actually, I agree with you about the public indecency, its wrong for anyone to get their old chap out in public, but lets not start burning Kemp Town down just yet.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is not homophobic at all, it's about public indecency at 2pm during half term, a few yards from family attractions, that Brighton authority are completely aware of it and will do nothing to stop it.

We have gay friends and I'd never say anything to offend them, they are decent people like us and are as appalled as us. This is not homophobic.

It's unfortunate that your young daughter had to witness such a thing, and by the sounds of it she probably knew what was going on but certainly wouldn't really understand at that age, it's obviously your perogative how you handle it.

I don't hold out much hope for your one man crusade for public decency, we live in an ever more sexualised world and there's no sign of that stopping. Dukes mound is a well known spot for gay men to have sex and has been for years, if police stop it there then randy men will just go somewhere else to root each other's chocolate starfish.

Look at it like this, there's alot of men out there who are dirty dogs and will chuck their muck up anything - you only have to read the story about that rotter with 11 kids for proof. The promiscuous section of the brighton gay community (and more likely the out of towners) aren't going to stop bumming each other in the bushes, you could patrol dukes mound for 24hrs a day and they'll just find some different bushes. Is it not better to just keeps the status quo and leave them to it in a place that most brightonions already know to avoid. You were in a one off situation where two blokes obviously took the piss and made it too obvious, I think you'll end up wasting alot of time on a loser to nothing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Was Mary Whitehouse your Mum by any chance ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BH - are you in a bad mood tonight?

Far from it, BHAFC win and won £90 on work bingo game tonight - what more can go right ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here