Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family's shock at Brighton cruising spot - The Argus

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well YOU won't GET lucky with the WIFE tonight AFTER your 'PERFORMANCE' in the TRAIN queue

I WAS embarrassed WHEN a buffoon SPOKE rudely in front of his MUM

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If anyone was f***ing anyone outside today they should get a bloody medal. It's freezing.

There's a great story (one of many) about Churchill being woken at 2 am on a freezing night to be told that a certain tory MP had been caught being bummed by a Guardsman in Regents Park. Winston took a look at the snow and ice outside and said "he was performing in this weather?... Makes you damn proud to be British" and went back to sleep.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
You are the plank mate, live and let live and just learn from life where or where not to be in future as opposed to now treating this as a route to fame and publicity or just stick to boring Worthing in future

This is not Chris, this is his wife. This is about protecting the innocence of young children and making other families aware so that no other child is confronted by what our daughter had to witness. Live and let live, yes, each to their own etc, but protect little children too as a priority. Even CD's have parental advisory stickers on them!! I love Brighton, it is a fab cosmopolitan city but give me Worthing any day; at least we can walk along Worthing seafront and the kids can play in the promenade playground without this sort of thing happening a pebble's throw away from them. We have certainly learnt where not to be. Your comments are very abbrasive, I can only imagine that you do not have children as only parents could possibly understand the deep seated need to protect your kids.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This is not Chris, this is his wife. This is about protecting the innocence of young children and making other families aware so that no other child is confronted by what our daughter had to witness. Live and let live, yes, each to their own etc, but protect little children too as a priority. Even CD's have parental advisory stickers on them!! I love Brighton, it is a fab cosmopolitan city but give me Worthing any day; at least we can walk along Worthing seafront and the kids can play in the promenade playground without this sort of thing happening a pebble's throw away from them. We have certainly learnt where not to be. Your comments are very abbrasive, I can only imagine that you do not have children as only parents could possibly understand the deep seated need to protect your kids.

Don't WORRY about Beach Hut as HE is one of the TYPES who goes CRUISING around Dukes Mound like some DOG on heat

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

Absolutely this.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

That's the sound of the "you have to be a parent card" being laid down. Of all the fuckwitted claptrap people come out with, this is number 1 on the list, it's so smug and clearly wrong. I understand that people love their kids, I get that. There's no need to be so patronising about it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Dukes Mound is a disgrace and has been for years. I remember walking through there a few years ago and the stench of human excrement was intolerable. I have no issue with homosexuality, but why can't they just pick up there and go somewhere private. It's easy enough to say avoid it, but plenty of families visit this town and would have no idea. if my kids were subjected to what the OP's were I would be livid, whether the act was homosexual or heterosexual is insignificant.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That's the sound of the "you have to be a parent card" being laid down. Of all the fuckwitted claptrap people come out with, this is number 1 on the list, it's so smug and clearly wrong. I understand that people love their kids, I get that. There's no need to be so patronising about it.

Agree with you, if parents know how to protect their children then why do we have social services. It's not the strangers kids have to worry about in this day and age, its more likely to be someone in their family or a family friend.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Theres a lot of places in |Brighton that just accept things though, I was in Whitehawk playing football 3 weeks ago and 4 of there fans lit up some seriously strong weed which stunk out the whole pitch and my 3 year old son was watching from the side with a friend of mine.

Whitehawk isn't the only place in Brighton where some people may smoke weed? Doesn't mean the whole town isn't family friendly!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've seen all sort of things in my time. Recently a drunk women giving her partner hand relief on the tube !

Under a coat I must mention. I turned very British and continued to read my newspaper.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've seen all sort of things in my time. Recently a drunk women giving her partner hand relief on the tube !

Under a coat I must mention. I turned very British and continued to read my newspaper.

That one is really easy to explain to kids - "He has a bag of chips in his lap and she just putting vinegar on them, really fast". Works on many levels as it also accounts for the after smell :thumbsup:

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I used to live more or less opposite it, and used to walk to the marina at least 3 times a week on that route and have never witnessed this. Disgusting behaviour it must be said, but unfortunately most towns and cities in England has an area like this, and some might argue that it's not appropriate to take children through that area given the risk (not me, personally I think you should have at least shouted at them, or at worst booted the dirty fuckers up the arse). Getting that useless **** Kitcat involved won't do any good though, he'll have to tread very carefully so as not to upset a lot of his LGBT green party electorate.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Here you go:

From the council:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email, referred to us by the council’s Standards & Complaints team. Firstly, we are very sorry to hear about your recent experiences at Dukes Mound, and hope that you and your family are now feeling less traumatised about what happened.

Whilst the council is aware that this area is sometimes used as a public sex environment at night, it is very unusual for this to happen in the day. We work very closely with Sussex Police to ensure that any sexual activity is dealt with quickly and appropriately to ensure that people can feel safe and free to walk through this area. As a result of your complaint, we have asked for increased daytime police patrols in the area. We have also contacted the council’s parks & street cleaning teams to ask that the area is clear of any detritus and that shrubs etc are kept controlled to help minimise the likelihood of this behaviour. I have asked for each team to contact you directly.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about what has happened and hope that our response has explained to you what action we will take to minimise this from happening again.
--------------------------

From Jason KK

Thank you for your email. I'm very sorry to hear about what you and your family
experienced.

I see that you have had a response from our Community Safety Team and have been
in touch with Sussex Police.

There have been long running tensions and concerns about this area that go back
to well before I was a councillor. I cannot speak for Sussex Police and how they
view the issue. However like them we do have very limited resources and do need
to prioritise how they resources used. So there may be an element of managed
toleration going on. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't believe there is a easy
permanent resolution to this issue. However you should not have been put into
that situation with your family and I will raise it with the Police Borough
commander at our next meeting.

I will continue to be copied in to the emails from council officers on this
matter.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions or
queries.

All the best,
Jason

How about CCTV Jason? You useless c**t.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Dukes Mound is a disgrace and has been for years. I remember walking through there a few years ago and the stench of human excrement was intolerable. I have no issue with homosexuality, but why can't they just pick up there and go somewhere private. It's easy enough to say avoid it, but plenty of families visit this town and would have no idea. if my kids were subjected to what the OP's were I would be livid, whether the act was homosexual or heterosexual is insignificant.

this
with dogs bollocks on

how people on here can defend what goes on at Dukes Mound is beyond me.I dont give one cahoots if people are gay or not.I do however care about public decency and the impression this sort of behavior gives to visitors to this city.
"managed toleration" is just a bloody pathetic excuse by those in power to do sod all because they they are scared!
some people on here are so two faced its untrue,if someone moaned on here they got punched in the gob at the match and i said"you went to a football match what do you expect?" i would naturally expect to be shot down in flames,yet somehow its perfectly ok to say to the OP you walked through Dukes Mound what do you expect

No doubt if the OP had just been walking through the area and some bloke had stood in the pathway and flashed his manhood at the family NSC would be up in arms and be helping all and sundry with helping catch the pervert.........but because he was actually shagging someone up the botty this becomes acceptable behaviour and it somehow brings into question why the OP was even there?or even better grow up and explain the birds and the bees to your children

f***ing madness

@Chris001 i for one think you should follow this through to the end,dont give up until you get positive replies from the police and council

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

110% this

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You imagination is wrong as I have a 20 yr and 15 yr old and also your parenting is as pointed out crap.

Anyway I am sure we will all know who you are when you get to that dream of being front page news as Mr and Mts Outraged from Worthing

Next.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here