Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
We'll win on Saturday. (Doug) :wave:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Falmer is near a run down area (Moulscoomb) but would not get as much in government grants for transport links as it is next to the A27 . Perhaps the posher housing in Falmer village edges it away from recommendation because Sheepcote Valley is next to Whitehawk which is more socially deprived than Scoomy.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
H block said:
She said in her report that Sheepcote was in a run down area and so would have been advantagous for recieving grants from the government because of the road building etc that would be needed.
This was one of the reasons that Sheepcote was a better site.

Her words not mine.
Unbelievably stupid thing to say.

There is absolutely no way the money would have come from central government for the tens of millions to build a link from the seafront or from the bypass to Sheepcote Valley.

It's all totally pointless now as it's not going to be discussed by the High Court because it would be considered new (and irrelevant) evidence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
mona said:
It is very depressing that the nimby lie machine can stir up such mistrust on nsc.
What he said.

I am in despair for some of the reaction on the first three pages on this thread. One whiff of a piece of feeble spin on the back of a non-story, and NSC immediately rounds on the club, and accuses it of lying to us without getting an answer from the club. Shameful.

For what it's worth, according to the Inquiry, the construction of the stadium is costing about £30m, the rest is made up of the costs of the infrastructure (link roads, coach park/drop off point, extended railways station, demolition of university buildings etc)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What a bunch of utter, UTTER bullshit. Nobody knows when that report was made and it's made VERY clear on the news item there that the club are NOT building a hotel as paty of the plans yet Baker turns round as says they are?

f***ing awful piece of journalism if you ask me and you do have to wonder why it is on the news this week.

It's nothing to worry about but IS very maliscious (sp?).

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
The Large One said:
What he said.

I am in despair for some of the reaction on the first three pages on this thread. One whiff of a piece of feeble spin on the back of a non-story, and NSC immediately rounds on the club, and accuses it of lying to us without getting an answer from the club. Shameful.

For what it's worth, according to the Inquiry, the construction of the stadium is costing about £30m, the rest is made up of the costs of the infrastructure (link roads, coach park/drop off point, extended railways station, demolition of university buildings etc)

Nothing like a bit of over reaction I say.

I,m a master at it.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
mona said:
It is very depressing that the nimby lie machine can stir up such mistrust on nsc.
But that's because the very essence of NSC is instant judgment, followed by instant, ludicrous overreaction, sometimes by people who should know better.

The only thing worse than reading all the blow-by-blow whingeing and FFSs on NSC during tonight's game will be hearing the 'fans' on the moan-in. Only a funeral director can be qualified to handle that kind of unhinged, doom-laden whinge-fest...

Is nobody capable of taking a long view, and seeing things in perspective any more?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
H block said:
So thats where all the money goes............ into these sort of surveys and reports. Dont think it means a jot when it comes to whether we get falmer or not but I wonder how much the club have spent on other ineffectual actions like this. Nobody knew anything about this so how many more times have they wasted dosh........................ if at all of course.

But it's not ineffectual. The club were duty bound to check the financial viability of all sites. If they hadn't and just said Falmer was best, the NIMBY lawyer would have driven a coach and horses through the club because they could have proved the club didn't explore suitable commercial enabling development.

And as said before, we did know about it. maybe not in this detail - but we knew the club was exploring the viability (financial, traffic, environmental etc.) of all sites. Tell me why a hotel next to a football stadium would be a surprise? Other grounds have them.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Gilliver's Travels said:
But that's because the very essence of NSC is instant judgment, followed by instant, ludicrous overreaction, sometimes by people who should know better.

The only thing worse than reading all the blow-by-blow whingeing and FFSs on NSC during tonight's game will be hearing the 'fans' on the moan-in. Only a funeral director can be qualified to handle that kind of unhinged, doom-laden whinge-fest...

Is nobody capable of taking a long view, and seeing things in perspective any more?
Words of wisdom.
Sounds as if the undertaker himself is unhinged as he thinks Wilkins needs Barry Lloyd to help him out. Why not bring back Melia?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I watched the Meridian piece and it just came across as so amateur.

How can we let a two bob no-mark like Baker bring the club to its knees, we need to knock this fool on the head (literally) and fast.

Martin Perry is cringe worthy, Here is a guy with a 100k a year post desperately trying to salvage his job and edge closer to that big bonus when/if Falmer gets built. How he's managed to hoodwink so many fans into thinking that he genuinely cares for the club I will never know -people- he's only in it for the pay day and he's not doing an adequate enough day-day job at the moment to convince me he's earning his basic salary.

Aside from these points, it was all a bit of a non-story.... big deal the club explored more than 1 site and looked into building a hotel, hardly revelation of the century. Fairly despearte measures when some old "hotel consultant" hag is dragged out to vent her spleen.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, that was an interesting storm-in-a-teacup, interesting enough to keep me away from that dump I was contemplating taking. Anyway, I think I'll file this "news" under "NIMBY nonsense".

Night all. Think I will go for a shit now.

dwayne said:
Martin Perry is cringe worthy, Here is a guy with a 100k a year post desperately trying to salvage his job and edge closer to that big bonus when/if Falmer gets built. How he's managed to hoodwink so many fans into thinking that he genuinely cares for the club I will never know -people- he's only in it for the pay day and he's not doing an adequate enough day-day job at the moment to convince me he's earning his basic salary.
Is there no end to your foolishness?

Last edited:

Disappointed with Meridian for running this non-story. An email protest is surely in order against their coverage? They appear to have been suckered by a bit of shite black propaganda timed as a response to the successful Lib Dem lobbying and before the court hearing.

How can this reporter Marcella Whittingdale have put together a long report without mentioning to Meridian viewers the findings of the recent planning inquiry that ruled out Sheepcote on transport grounds? Did this bimbo do any homework whatsoever? Really appalling stuff.

The Albion wouldn't have been doing their job properly if they hadn't been hiring consultants to explore every possibility, that's why it's been a costly process. So we looked at the possibility of having a hotel. So f***ing what?

What irritates me is that this consultant presumably has taken our money and is now looking to stab us in the back. Shouldn't consultants be bound by some kind of professional confidentiality? Who the hell is going to hire this woman again if they see that she just uses information gathered just to have a go at her clients if and when it suits her at a later date? What a silly cow.

If she genuinely thought she was releasing this info on behalf of the fans, she should be politely told to take her do-gooding elsewhere.

Last edited:

Can't see anything in the Argus today. Really laughable stuff by Meridian :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here