Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was Falmer ever said to be the only site? I thought there were a list of options and it was decided to choose Falmer because of the infructure that was already there i.e. the road and train station.
The hotel consultant was probably bought in to look at the prospect of a hotel because you have to look at all possible ways to get the money back.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Large One said:
f***ing hang on. Give the club a chance to have its say before condemning them. For f*** sake, one piece of uncorroborated drivel from Meridian, and NSC goes spastic.

Good point....

PERRY IN

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
ade28uk said:
Sounds like someone has screwed up big time here. All the f***ing effort we as supporters have put in, now we do have egg on our faces.

What the fffff is going on?

I think the club need to make a detailed statement tomorrow.Maybe its something about nothing but I know that so many people are so frustrated over Falmer that this comes across as another slap in the face for the fans.
Will Baker make capital on this because he seemed like a cat with the cream earlier.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is no-one looking at the timing of this...? Next week, we go to the High Court in order to kick the shit out of Lewes District Council, and all of a sudden, lo and behold, out of nowhere, this rubbish pops up.

If there are considerations in place for a hotel, then it won't be built because they are NOT on the plans, nor were they discussed at Brighton & Hove City Council planning committee, nor were they discussed at either of the Public Inquiries, nor is there room. Do you see what I'm getting at?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The Large One said:
f***ing hang on. Give the club a chance to have its say before condemning them. For f*** sake, one piece of uncorroborated drivel from Meridian, and NSC goes spastic.
but this shouldnt be happening,they have had enough time to have the case for falmer water tight,my beef with the club, if true, is we as fans arent being told all the facts

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
f***ing hell, not more shit to contend with. This is just all we need! I am getting seriously fed up with the whole thing!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NOTHING on South Today about it - and they normally devote far more airtime to the Falmer issue than Hampshire TV. Lets not start going spacko about it just yet eh.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Balerdi is a hotel consultant FACT

The Club were required to look at all alternative sites for the reopened public inquiry FACT

The Club needed to prove if sites were fundable FACT

The club needed to explore other means to cover costs to see if sites were fundable or not FACT

A hotel is a pretty good way to make money (ask madejski) FACT

The consultant concluded that the best place for a hotel to go alongside a stadium would be sheepcote FACT

The club don't need to seek such on site enabling developments at Falmer due to the potential for funding through educational items FACT

In order to show consistency of approach I suspect that the club needed to show the same criteria for all sites hence would see if hotel is suitable at falmer site NOT A FACT BUT AN EDUCATED GUESS

The other sites would have been checked for education style enabling funding (of which there is little if any) FACT

Baker would definitely play this up having perchanced on the e-mails FACT

Baker was very upset by the Lib Dem conference activities and would look to get back at the club FACT

Building a 23k seater stadium for just over £1k per seat would make it the cheapest stadium construction since Northampton and cheaper that Huddersfields which is ten years old and built up North FACT

Is there an application for a hotel in the pack to be reconsidered by Ruth kelly? NO

To claim that because one site is best for a hotel, does not mean it is best for a stadium. It is like saying that because my road is good for a house, it would also be the best place to put and aircraft hangar!

Who do I believe on this? certainly not Baker. he isn't telling lies (I don't think anybody is). But he certainly is spinning it for all it's worth.

You are of course all entitled to make your own minds up.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
We never applied for planning permission for hotels. This has to be an non-story. The email probably dates from before we submitted the original planning application.

A last minute LDC/Baker mudslinging tactic.

I hope

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
ROSM said:
Balerdi is a hotel consultant FACT

The Club were required to look at all alternative sites for the reopened public inquiry FACT

The Club needed to prove if sites were fundable FACT

The club needed to explore other means to cover costs to see if sites were fundable or not FACT

A hotel is a pretty good way to make money (ask madejski) FACT

The consultant concluded that the best place for a hotel to go alongside a stadium would be sheepcote FACT

The club don't need to seek such on site enabling developments at Falmer due to the potential for funding through educational items FACT

In order to show consistency of approach I suspect that the club needed to show the same criteria for all sites hence would see if hotel is suitable at falmer site NOT A FACT BUT AN EDUCATED GUESS

The other sites would have been checked for education style enabling funding (of which there is little if any) FACT

Baker would definitely play this up having perchanced on the e-mails FACT

Baker was very upset by the Lib Dem conference activities and would look to get back at the club FACT

Building a 23k seater stadium for just over £1k per seat would make it the cheapest stadium construction since Northampton and cheaper that Huddersfields which is ten years old and built up North FACT

Is there an application for a hotel in the pack to be reconsidered by Ruth kelly? NO

To claim that because one site is best for a hotel, does not mean it is best for a stadium. It is like saying that because my road is good for a house, it would also be the best place to put and aircraft hangar!

Who do I believe on this? certainly not Baker. he isn't telling lies (I don't think anybody is). But he certainly is spinning it for all it's worth.

You are of course all entitled to make your own minds up.

That certainly makes it look a little more like mud slinging imo

*hopes*

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So the club looked at the possibility of building a hotel, decided it wasn,t a viable option & didn't apply for planning permision. Big deal. The court case is about plans that have been submitted & no amount of shitstirring by that smug little **** Baker will change the fact that today's "revelation" is meaningless.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
the wanderbus said:
So the club looked at the possibility of building a hotel, decided it wasn,t a viable option & didn't apply for planning permision. Big deal. The court case is about plans that have been submitted & no amount of shitstirring by that smug little **** Baker will change the fact that today's "revelation" is meaningless.

I think you may well have a point!

Also, in my experience, consultants tend to get upset when their suggestions aren't followed. Now where would an consultant with her nose put out of joint , most likely find a willing audience for her bile?

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
the wanderbus said:

Exactly. Seems to have been blown out of all proportion. We haven't asked to build a hotel and aren't going to but it obviously makes sense to check it out just in case, that extra money could have been handy.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
ROSM said:
I think you may well have a point!

Also, in my experience, consultants tend to get upset when their suggestions aren't followed. Now where would an consultant with her nose put out of joint , most likely find a willing audience for her bile?

It just surprises me that she has taken this long to vent her bile and what she seeks to gain from it now?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
empire said:
thinks someone at the clubs telly porkies for real,and the fans aint getting the truth

Interesting - I would like to see at what point the club has never indicated that it has looked at alternative sites and viewed them to see if they were financially viable.

Of course, they have always said this and have concluded that falmer is the best site. And there is not hotel in the planning applications. Also, the funding package was reviewed at the inquiries and deemed to be valid (with no hotel!).

I don't see any porkies being told. Do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here