Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You see LI, in this life there are leaders and there are followers, and I think, by your dire unquestionable nature we know what category you fall in to.

Martin Perry was brought in with a sole objective of advising on and delivering a stadium in a set timescale - he has FAILED to deliver.

Martin Perry until recently, had no affiliation with the club (a bit like someone else we know around here) and is suddenly a mad, passionate follower....gimme a break.

oh

and

shhhhh back

dwayne said:
You see LI, in this life there are leaders and there are followers, and I think, by your dire unquestionable nature we know what category you fall in to.

Martin Perry was brought in with a sole objective of advising on and delivering a stadium in a set timescale - he has FAILED to deliver.

Martin Perry until recently, had no affiliation with the club (a bit like someone else we know around here) and is suddenly a mad, passionate follower....gimme a break.

oh

and

shhhhh back

I don't know which I pity more about you, your ignorance or your brazen lack of any shame in showing it.

Perry has achieved the remarkable feat of getting a very rare exemption to the very strong countryside protection laws we have in this country to allow our stadium, overturning the findings of two inspectors on the way. That an ungrateful little whelp like you is going to be actually supporting the Albion in that stadium in a few years' time will be principally down to his expertise.

dwayne said:
your dire unquestionable nature
Another marvellous piece of mangling of the English language there :thumbsup: You've just said I can't be questioned :lol:

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
I don't know which I pity more about you, your ignorance or your brazen lack of any shame in showing it.

Perry has achieved the remarkable feat of getting a very rare exemption to the very strong countryside protection laws we have in this country to allow our stadium, overturning the findings of two inspectors on the way. That an ungrateful little whelp like you is going to be actually supporting the Albion in that stadium in a few years' time will be principally down to his expertise.

We can argue over the nuances all day.

The fact is that we don't have the unconditional go-ahead to build a football stadium yet, and that is my only concern.

dwayne said:
We can argue over the nuances all day.

The fact is that we don't have the unconditional go-ahead to build a football stadium yet, and that is my only concern.

Trashing Perry's reputation is not a nuance. Unlike you, he has a reputation for competence and honesty to protect.

bhanutz said:
f***ing hell, not more shit to contend with. This is just all we need! I am getting seriously fed up with the whole thing!

Which is exactly what they want at LDC.

Remember, those lying, conniving, inbred bastards at LDC monitor NSC - they must be delighted with this thread.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Nemesis said:
Which is exactly what they want at LDC.

Remember, those lying, conniving, inbred bastards at LDC monitor NSC - they must be delighted with this thread.

Propaganda although the story is so ludicrous it says to me that Baker is getting desperate now.
To drag up some emails from over 6 years ago which may or may not have said we could build a hotel with the stadium.
Of course if you were going to build a hotel, then Sheepcote is the best site as people would want sea views.

The planning permission is for a stadium and coach park. Nothing more and nothing less.

We are going to court next week so stick that in your pipe and smoke it Baker. You may be trying to stir it with your lies and propaganda but we have the law on our side and that is all the court will care about.

:salute: :salute:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
mona said:
It is very depressing that the nimby lie machine can stir up such mistrust on nsc.
Indeed. If Brighton fans (like empire) are ready to believe anything they hear and immediately think the club have lied then what are the general public at large going to think?

It is a classic bit of mud-slinging. Yes the club probably did look at having a development somewhere with a hotel. In fact I hope they did as it adds more weight to the 'Falmer is the only option' slogan if the club can say "Look we really DID look everywhere and examine every option before deciding on a stadium-only development at Falmer".

I'm more intrigued as to how this hotel development has managed to survive the Planning Committe at Brighton council, two Public Enquiries and close examination by myriad goverment officials without being spotted .....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
dwayne said:
Martin Perry is cringe worthy, Here is a guy with a 100k a year post desperately trying to salvage his job and edge closer to that big bonus when/if Falmer gets built. How he's managed to hoodwink so many fans into thinking that he genuinely cares for the club I will never know -people- he's only in it for the pay day and he's not doing an adequate enough day-day job at the moment to convince me he's earning his basic salary.
Thankfully - and I am seriously grateful for this - you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're talking about. In which case, on this subject, I will ignore anything you say, because it will be at best irrelevant, and at worst, just plain wrong.

Caveman said:
Click here, then News and Weather and hear it yourself

Baker Out. What a WANKER. He trying to stir up shit with no real hard ground.

Just watched it-that was a balanced piece of programming from those wankers at LDC Television. We've got an ugly lesbian lookalike dancing to Baker's tune and stirring up shit. We also have the country's biggest bimbo reporter who knows f*** all about f*** all fronting a piece that is LDC propaganda.

Maybe we should start investigating Meridian's interest in all this? They seem to have an agenda....maybe the bimbo reporter is Norm Baker's love child.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Nemesis said:
Just watched it-that was a balanced piece of programming from those wankers at LDC Television. We've got an ugly lesbian lookalike dancing to Baker's tune and stirring up shit. We also have the country's biggest bimbo reporter who knows f*** all about f*** all fronting a piece that is LDC propaganda.

Maybe we should start investigating Meridian's interest in all this? They seem to have an agenda....maybe the bimbo reporter is Norm Baker's love child.

Money talks.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Has anybody applied for the job in Norman Baker's office yet? The MP that is, not the convicted sex offender that we highlighted is also called Norman Baker. Wouldn't mind trawling through his inbox for the past six years....

The Stun uses a wonderful journo trick called sidelining. It's when they take a story with a headline which is controversial and about someone famous, but they do not have the necessary evidence to prove that the someone famous is actually guilty of an offence. Then they print a picture of that someone famous beside the headline so that the link is made in the readers' mind between the scurrilous headline and the person in the photo. They did it with Ashley Cole and the mobile-phone-up-the-arse episode.

Perhaps there is a case for mentioning Norman Baker (not the convicted Sex Offender) every time, so that when Google does it's business, it picks up Norman Baker, Lib Dem MP (not Sex Offender) every time?

Can the MODs do a search and replace on every thread and add "Not Sex Offender" to his name?

jakes right boot said:
Money talks.

I was going to say something along those lines too-I'm sure there is some financial pressure on them. Why else would they always use the Meridian 'standard viewpoint' which makes the site look like rolling downland?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Also Meridian have always been anti-Albion - remember how we got stitched up on that 'Goodbye to the Goldstone' programme?

Just a last throw of the dice by Norman Baker not sex offender.

(Good idea Hants BTW!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Large One said:
Thankfully - and I am seriously grateful for this - you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're talking about. In which case, on this subject, I will ignore anything you say, because it will be at best irrelevant, and at worst, just plain wrong.

So you're denying that Perry is on the payroll and had no involvement with the Albion in a supporters capacity before he took the role?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
dwayne said:
So you're denying that Perry is on the payroll and had no involvement with the Albion in a supporters capacity before he took the role?
One, he is from Brighton and has always been an Albion fan.

Two, of course he is on the payroll - he is the Chief Executive of the club. And he is doing what most people do at work - being loyal to his employer. He is being paid to deliver us Falmer. The fact you point blank refuse to see as to why you're blaming him for it not happening yet backs up my point that you don't know what you're on about.

Unless, of course, you can enlighten us otherwise.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Large One said:
Is no-one looking at the timing of this...? Next week, we go to the High Court in order to kick the shit out of Lewes District Council, and all of a sudden, lo and behold, out of nowhere, this rubbish pops up.

If there are considerations in place for a hotel, then it won't be built because they are NOT on the plans, nor were they discussed at Brighton & Hove City Council planning committee, nor were they discussed at either of the Public Inquiries, nor is there room. Do you see what I'm getting at?

I may presfer CRISPS to chocolate but I cannot agree more. Well said TLO :clap:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This information is intended to stir up feelings among the residents and those anti, the effect that this 'hotel' (mystical) will have upon them.

Any coincidence that this has been brought up very soon after Simon Hughes stated that the LDC should ask the people?!

Don't fall for their usual claptrap. Stand firm and keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here