Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Rougvie said:
I've been in Ireland and was playing golf yesterday with someone I had never met, but who knew a lot about the Falmer situation from the building side.

Rougvie said:
Time the club told us the truth (or are we to be treated like idiots in fear of being disloyal)

Herein lies one of the problems. The club has been so uncharacteristically brilliant at keeping us informed and updated and letting us know how we might like to protest, that ordinary reasonable decent-thinking people such as Rougers now expect a full-on Martin Perry press conference to counteract a rumour that you'd heard on a golf course. In another country. From someone you'd never met before.

If I was Perry, I'd have topped myself by now.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Bozza said:
From my dealings with Martin Perry from when he was new at the Albion nearly 10 years ago, I'm certain he was not a football fan at all, let alone an Albion fan.

That became clear in the way he talked about football - they were the words of someone who clearly did not have much idea what he was talking about.

But, that said, it's irrelevant. He has undoubtedly grown to love the Albion and has spent much blood, sweat and tears trying to get us the stadium we feel we all deserve. The fact that he is a paid employee is neither here nor there. If anyone thinks Martin works a minimal 9-5 and just goes through the motions then they are much mistaken. An undoubted Albion legend in the making.

Having worked at the club briefly a while back on work experience I can say that Martin Perry is Albion through and through and loves the club - football fan or no football fan.

the Realist

Feb 5, 2006
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Marcella Whittingdale. You couldn't miss her. She was in every shot.

what, even the money shot ? :jester:

Still, I found this shot of her proudly displayign her research for this article ...

marcella_legs_004.jpg

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chesney Christ said:
Having worked at the club briefly a while back on work experience I can say that Martin Perry is Albion through and through and loves the club - football fan or no football fan.

Errr, thanks. That's what I said, isn't it?

I´m glad that I´ve not been able to log on to NSC for a couple of days. I´ve therefore missed masses of bullshit and accusations flying around ... many of them from fans who ought to know better.

What I know is this ...

Falmer Parish Council have been claiming for YEARS that the ONLY way that the Albion can afford a stadium is with funding supplemented by ancillary enabling development, such as a shopping development or hotel.

This is simply NOT TRUE - at the Public Inquiry, Martin Perry spelled out exactly how a stadium can be affordable, WITHOUT relying on income from other commercial activities.

By the criteria he spelled out, only two sites would deliver an affordable stadium - Falmer and Sheepcote Valley.

But the Club prepared itself for a detailed grilling on this whole issue.

One question that MIGHT have been asked was this ...

If the Club needed to raise extra funds from commercial development to make a stadium affordable, how much would it need to raise at each site? And would such fund raising be a feasible proposition?

As it happens, Falmer Parish Council were TOO STUPID to even ask the question at the Inquiry. Therefore the answer was never required.

But the Club were sensible enough to commission consultants to enable a credible answer to be given if the question got round to a possible hotel development.

That is ALL that has been leaked this week.

Personally, I think that Albion fans would have had the right to be LIVID if it had turned out that the questions above HAD been raised at the Inquiry - and Martin Perry had given the answer "I don´t know, because we haven´t even looked at the possibility of enabling development at any of the sites". That would have seriously weakened the Club´s case.

Instead ... we have a "revelation" that simply proves how well planned the Inquiry preparations were.

And - incredibly - there are people who seem to think that Baker´s "dynamite" leak somehow puts the Club in a bad light.

Good grief. It is BAKER who is making a fool of himself.

Albion Rob

Baker, a man who goes on to the television grinning at the cameras about these 'leaked emails'.

Is this the same Baker who stamped his feet and cried his eyes out when his 'report' into the death of Dr David Kelly was allegedly hacked?

The Large One said:
How is España, Ed? You and roz enjoying yourselves? Can't remember your itinerary, but have you done the Alhambra yet?
España is very hot. We arrived in Sevilla yesterday after a few days in Madrid - including getting to see a splendidly incompetent display by Atletico Madrid who only managed to beat the NINE men of Sevilla with a goal scored in the last few minutes, despite having had a numerical superiority for half the game.

Tonight, we will be watching Sevilla again. This time in the UEFA Cup. What a civilised kick off time ... 9.30 pm.

Granada and the Alhambra beckon next week.

Incidentally ... the analysis on the Club´s website that Baker is trying to drive a wedge between the Club and its fans is SPOT ON. One of the last things I did before leaving for Spain was to pop into Lewes for a few minutes. During the course of that trip, I bumped into Norman Baker and HAD A CONVERSATION WITH HIM.

Baker was hinting that he had some "hot news" that would demonstrate that Martin Perry "doesn´t tell the whole story to the fans".

Well, tough luck, Norman. Try harder next time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lord Bracknell said:
España is very hot. We arrived in Sevilla yesterday after a few days in Madrid - including getting to see a splendidly incompetent display by Atletico Madrid who only managed to beat the NINE men of Sevilla with a goal scored in the last few minutes, despite having had a numerical superiority for half the game.

Tonight, we will be watching Sevilla again. This time in the UEFA Cup. What a civilised kick off time ... 9.30 pm.

Granada and the Alhambra beckon next week.

Incidentally ... the analysis on the Club´s website that Baker is trying to drive a wedge between the Club and its fans is SPOT ON. One of the last things I did before leaving for Spain was to pop into Lewes for a few minutes. During the course of that trip, I bumped into Norman Baker and HAD A CONVERSATION WITH HIM.

Baker was hinting that he had some "hot news" that would demonstrate that Martin Perry "doesn´t tell the whole story to the fans".

Well, tough luck, Norman. Try harder next time.

Get yourself to CADIZ, LB. Then you can watch a game with a REAL atmosphere.
:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here