The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think it should be given a good spraying with some DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) paint. So that it disapears into the hillside of the AONB.

alnilam_camouflage_2.png

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lighten up you lot.

The roof will soon turn a slimy gungy green.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
well im hoping they put in a rain simulator above my seat so i can get a good old fashioned soaking instead of remaining dry for an enitire match. why this football club ruined themselves and decided to build a super stadium that none of us wanted is beyond me.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm not going to sit here and brainlessly point out Mr. Tony Bloom's flaws—we all know he has them—but I am going to say a little about how Mr. Bloom rewards those who show scrupulous adherence to his worldview and punishes those who rebuild our communities. The nitty-gritty of what I'm about to write is this: To say that ethical responsibility is merely a trammel of earthbound mortals and should not be required of a demigod like him is apolaustic nonsense and untrue to boot. Many of the people I've talked to have said that Mr. Bloom and his shills should all be put up against a wall and given traitors' justice. Without commenting on that specifically I'd merely like to point out that conniving lowlifes like Mr. Bloom are not born—they are excreted. However unsavory that metaphor may be, Mr. Bloom alleges that his endeavors won't be used for political retribution. Naturally, this is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Paying for a Stadia to house his beloved football club is nothing but a ruse to inflict the brainless Brighton fans he so much dispises. He will get them in and laugh as they sit under a slightly blue tinted glass roof.

Following this line of logic, it would appear that nobody seems to realize that Mr. Bloom is so dead wrong on the issue of factionalism that nothing else he says or does can possibly compensate for his views on that issue. An obvious parallel from a different context is that if my memory serves me correctly, if we can understand what has caused the current plague of officious self-proclaimed arbiters of taste and standards, I believe that we can then rage, rage against the dying of the light. All of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of Mr. Bloom's postmodernist analects and that glass blue tinted roof. They are not a cause; they are an effect. If you were to ask Mr. Bloom, he'd say that he doesn't remember rewriting history to reflect or magnify an imaginary "victimhood". Not only does Mr. Bloom indubitably have a very selective memory, but he claims that all Croyden residents are poor, stupid ghetto trash. I, not being one of the many empty-headed spivs of this world, would say that that claim is 70% folderol, 20% twaddle, and 10% another fatuitous attempt to replace intellectual integrity with uncompanionable sloganeering. We have a choice. Either we let ourselves be led like lambs to the slaughter by Mr. Bloom and his satraps of tinted blue roofage or we tell the truth about Mr. Bloom. While I don't expect you to have much trouble making up your mind you should nevertheless consider that Mr. Bloom wonders why everyone hates him.

Apparently, he never stopped to think that maybe it's because he is completely mistaken if he believes that children don't need as much psychological attentiveness, protection, and obedience training as the treasured household pet.

We must work together to tell Mr. Bloom what we all think of him and his slightly blue tinted roof—and boy, do I have some choice words I'd like to use. What can you do to help? For starters, you might want to eschew soporific, uncongenial particularism. I personally derive great satisfaction in doing that sort of thing because Mr. Bloom has written volumes about how without his superior guidance, we will go nowhere. Don't believe a word of it, though. The truth is that he wants to take credit for others' accomplishments. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis. Okay, there's no reason for me to be cantankerous, so I'll leave you with this concept: Mr. Tony Bloom needs to calm down and realize that I was pleased to learn that countless muckrakers have already exposed the evils of his ophidian, cankered communiqués.

The slightly blue tinted roof is a step too far.

BLOOM OUT :angry::angry::angry:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
well im hoping they put in a rain simulator above my seat so i can get a good old fashioned soaking instead of remaining dry for an enitire match. why this football club ruined themselves and decided to build a super stadium that none of us wanted is beyond me.
It's ok, I heard the roof isn't permanent, it's only been put there as a temporary structure to keep the workers dry.

Before the ground opens it'll all be taken down along with those hideous, unsightly arches.

Sep 1, 2010
Why is the colour of the roof news, if some people bothered to listen to the Fans Forum at the start of the season it was mentioned then. F*** me a blue & white colour scheme for a team that plays in the same colours, shocking. :facepalm:

kikapu

Apr 26, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Who decided to put blue roofing on the two stands at The Amex. This has totally ruined what was looking to be one of the best stadiums in the country. Such a shame!!!!

I think the Stadium will look great with the blue roof panels in place or GOSBTS as they are now called. :amex:

I really can't see why you are moaning about it!! :tosser:

They are to reflected the sun light so it doesn't turn into a green house, so as well as looking good they're designed to do a job as well.

:amex:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dear Tony Bloom,

It is with extreme disgust that I write this letter and say what will undoubtedly be considered power-hungry by some of my peers. Nonetheless, it must be stated that Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club's beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) are way off base. It is worth noting at the outset that Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club acts as if it were King of the World. This hauteur is astonishing, staggering, and mind-boggling. We are a provincial club, with a grey clad stadium being built under the watching stare of an astonishingly poor taste, slightly blue, tinted glass roof. Any ambition we may have as a football club is that of the Chairman and is absolutely not reflective of fans opinions. You can keep your rotten arches, your soon-to-be-baige seats, your grey cladding and the concrete infested pit you so freely call "the future." To summarize my views: Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club's foot soldiers form an aberrant organization devoted to harassment and barratry.

Warmest regards,

Biscuit

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The arrogance of Bloom and the Club in colour coding the stadium will lead to the Albion being known as the "other but obviously smaller"" South Coast Club before long :angry:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Hmmm, I don't think I care what the roof looks like from the sky too much as generally I will see it when I am in my seat...

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Please tell me these padded seats you talk of will come with the mould already on them, like the current Withdean ones?

Personally I shall be bringing my mould with me for the season. How Bloom couldn't have funded pre-mould ingrained seats is a step too far.

BLOOM OUT :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here