Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Roadshow

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Another interesting fact.

Most if not all of the chalk dug up from the site will be transported to the north of village way, where the topsoil will be removed, chalk bedded down, and top soil replaced.

VERY ECO FRIENDLY as hundreds of lorry journeys will not be needed :clap:

Also, when construction is underway, if you wish to visit the site apart from 'hard hat days!; a couple of viewing platforms will be available so you can peer in. :clap2:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Being able to be taken round the half built stadium in order to select your seat is a nice little touch.

His name is Steve, he sits in D Block a few rows down from me.

He listens to SCR on an earpiece and relays every goal from around the country.

He also works for Post Office Counters! I know where too ;)

Steve from Hove wasn't it - do you think he's married to Sue?

Thought he asked a completely pointless question.

Help!!! I've a ticket for D block on Saturday - which row does he sit in

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Steve from Hove wasn't it - do you think he's married to Sue?

Thought he asked a completely pointless question.

Help!!! I've a ticket for D block on Saturday - which row does he sit in

I'm in Row K...is it mine? (or me, possibly?)

Dovers question was good , certainly DK wasnt prepared to answer

How much will it cost, what's the mortgage.

We were told "in excess of 50 million", and that any more information was "highly commercially sensitive". He did say that the bank loan would be re-paid between 15 and 25 years, probably.

Thought this question was very naive and got the type of answer expected, whether you'd been listening to MP's presentation of not. No business will disclose such information (ie potential borrowing) at this stage of such a project (even if they know).

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Who was the knoob that demanded to know why the directors weren't on the stage then when he was told they were sitting upstairs he demanded that they show themselves and explain what they do.

He is a knob of the highest order. I was told his name was Simon. He ALWAYS turns up at these events.And he ALWAYS makes a prick of himself. I think his nickname is 'Mouth'. He made himself look a particular prick tonite.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Mouth is definitely not the letter writing "Steve from Hove"

Attachments

• Mouth.jpg
    Mouth.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 519

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My thoughts;

1. DK and MP presented it extremely well, informative and thorough.
2. The new stadium is going to be fantastic.
3. There will be a supporters bar :yahoo:
4. Lush fixed the raffle (what's new?)
5. The questions were awful, real bad.
6. Oh, BTW, the stadium is going to be FANTASTIC.

If fair bought a tear to the corner of my eye when they showed the artist impression of the ground full of fans
:falmer::falmer::falmer:

This club is in safe hands, and we are going to have the best club stadium in the country.
:falmer::falmer::falmerspi:falmerspi:ascarf:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Who was the knoob that demanded to know why the directors weren't on the stage then when he was told they were sitting upstairs he demanded that they show themselves and explain what they do.

I am pretty sure it was the same guy who had a vein popping out of his head in the interval and he was shouting at some bloke about Perry being all talk and its time for him to go!!

Some people need to calm down a bit as this process will not be smooth or without problems. One thing I did get from last night is the enormous volume of work to be done to bring this stadium in on time. You can see the potential problems already and they will do well to deliver this on time. Roll on November when the bulldozers come in!!

Thought this question was very naive and got the type of answer expected, whether you'd been listening to MP's presentation of not. No business will disclose such information (ie potential borrowing) at this stage of such a project (even if they know).

Spot on! Despite the Village of Stepford allegedly being 'onside' now I'm sure that there are at least three families there who would love to get their hands on some confidential financial info so they can try and delay things even more. We don't need to know the details-only that things are going to plan....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here