Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Planning Application - Lewes DC recommended NOT to object; Falmer PC do object

Anyone who wants to attend the Planning Committee meeting (which will be held at Hove Town Hall) will be relieved to know that Forfars is no longer the nearest food outlet to the venue. Bagelman has now moved into the area, with a shop on New Church Road. I recommend him highly.

Excellent tip LB, I'm sure myself and the steward will be there again. I just hope that darling Melanie finds time to attend and address the Committee - could be an opportunity not to miss.

Which pub afterwards?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
These are the current members of the City Council's Planning Committee:-

Councillor Lynda Hyde (Conservative, Rottingdean Coastal) (Chairman)
Councillor Geoffrey Wells (Conservative, Woodingdean) (Deputy Chairman)
Councillor Dawn Barnett (Conservative, Hangleton & Knoll)
Councillor Bob Carden (Labour, North Portslade) (Opposition Spokesperson)
Councillor Ian Davey (Green, St Peter's & North Laine)
Councillor Les Hamilton (Labour, South Portslade)
Councillor Amy Kennedy (Green, Preston Park)
Councillor Juliet McCaffery (Labour, Preston Park)
Councillor Ken Norman (Conservative, Withdean)
Councillor David Smart (Conservative, Hangleton & Knoll)
Councillor Paul Steedman (Green, Queens Park)
Councillor Mrs Carol Theobald (Conservative, Patcham)
Mr J Small (Non-Voting Co-Optee)
Mr R Pennington (Non-Voting Co-Optee)

isnt one of them BigGully?

:glare:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm gonna move to Falmer and paint my house blue & white stripes, why dont thery just shut the f*** up and give in already?

ITS HAPPENING...GET OVER IT!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As a cake, bread and pasty fiend of some repute, I can give pleasure in reporting that Forfar's Bakery still have not had any of their doors darkened by my presence since the disgraceful chicanery and skullduggery of their owners came to light.

Well you've eaten all the pies from SOMEWHERE ???

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
isnt one of them BigGully?

:glare:
Oh Lord I hope not. Can you imagine the scene? "Well Mr Perry you say there's going to be a roof, but it's all very well SAYING there's going to be a roof but surely you realise that lots of events have to occurr in a specific order before you
can get around to the roof? You simply saying there's going to be a roof means nothing. What happens if the contractors fail to build the walls? Have you considered this? What if the excavations aren't done properly? Am I the only person who can see all these numerous and serious pitfalls? I think people have got all carried away by the design but have failed to realise all the problems that the club will have to deal with before they get round to the roof. And I know what I'm talking about as I'm an expert; I tried putting up a garden shed the other day by starting with the roof and it didn't work ..." and so on for hour after hour after hour after hour after hour until everyone gives up and goes home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh Lord I hope not. Can you imagine the scene? "Well Mr Perry you say there's going to be a roof, but it's all very well SAYING there's going to be a roof but surely you realise that lots of events have to occurr in a specific order before you
can get around to the roof? You simply saying there's going to be a roof means nothing. What happens if the contractors fail to build the walls? Have you considered this? What if the excavations aren't done properly? Am I the only person who can see all these numerous and serious pitfalls? I think people have got all carried away by the design but have failed to realise all the problems that the club will have to deal with before they get round to the roof. And I know what I'm talking about as I'm an expert; I tried putting up a garden shed the other day by starting with the roof and it didn't work ..." and so on for hour after hour after hour after hour after hour until everyone gives up and goes home.

:lolol:

Its funny because its (so disturbingly) TRUE

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Given that I hear that Forfars are on shaky financial ground these days, Melanie Cuttress is taking a bit of a risk with her husband's business here? There's been a few posts about avoiding their premises, but I can imagine this might get rather worse if this does hold up building...?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Surely not. Isn't NSC an obscure football forum where postings are irrelevant to real world events and would never be quoted outside of this little cacoon? Doesn't matter if your posting idle gossip about the stability of a local business or threatening the club's future neighbours, you must be allowed to do so without taking personal responsibility for your action or being subject to external sanction/moderation.

I was going to pm you a pleasant little note explaining in detail a little bit more about that post but seeing as you are taking my post completely out of context and taking my post to very illogical conclusions can I just ask you to kindly go f*** yourself? Would you do that for me, luvvie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here