Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Planning Application - Lewes DC recommended NOT to object; Falmer PC do object

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Oh Lord I hope not. Can you imagine the scene? "Well Mr Perry you say there's going to be a roof, but it's all very well SAYING there's going to be a roof but surely you realise that lots of events have to occurr in a specific order before you
can get around to the roof? You simply saying there's going to be a roof means nothing. What happens if the contractors fail to build the walls? Have you considered this? What if the excavations aren't done properly? Am I the only person who can see all these numerous and serious pitfalls? I think people have got all carried away by the design but have failed to realise all the problems that the club will have to deal with before they get round to the roof. And I know what I'm talking about as I'm an expert; I tried putting up a garden shed the other day by starting with the roof and it didn't work ..." and so on for hour after hour after hour after hour after hour until everyone gives up and goes home.

Typically a misrepresentation, although I thought the irony was a bit laboured on this post, not very funny, but you will rally the support of the usual suspects and Easy 10 was first to give you a thumbs up, so that must of pleased you !

Firstly I have been consistent that I believe the finance will be raised and the stadium built, when I am not too sure, but I am hopeful.

However I will not continually embrace the information offerd by the club or any individual poster on here if my interpretation differs from theirs.

Get over it.

I will celebrate the opening of the stadium with all of you. incognito of course, but celebrate just the same.

You see I really do not have any aspirations to be part of your gang, the 'Groovy Gang' aint my style.

But I will re-iterate that I do not think that the signing of the contract with The Buckingham Group indicates that the finances are in place, I suspect that they aren't yet.

Of course it is nice to see diggers on site and some excavation taking place, but until the money is in place it seems that this doesn't really guarantee the much publicised 2011 finish.

LB has told his flock that the latest objections from Falmer Parish Council will not delay proceedings and that the Buckingham Group signing gives us the money, it all seems a bit desperate to me.

We will see, if MP and his team do deliver in 2011 then they all deserve even greater praise than they will already receive, it would be a truly great achievement.

It really doesn't make me a bad fan because I expect a few more twists and turns before its finished ?

D

Deleted User X18H

My concern is , if the objections raised by FPC or The Downsmens society are upheld in any way then LDC will be all over it like a cheap suit!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

" goes.

The point I am making is that what gets posted on NSC can have consequences.

:lol::lol: Yes but surely not on Planet Earth

Can't we get you on Sunday Night at The London Palladium Ed??

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My concern is , if the objections raised by FPC or The Downsmens society are upheld in any way then LDC will be all over it like a cheap suit!!!

I would suspect that the soul purpose for the objection is to delay even more, they too are aware of the procedures and once again their interpreation is likely to differ from the continuous 'no problem' view offered by LB and others and accepted by so many on here.

I hope they fail and fail miserably but not to even acknowledge it as a prospective problem is naive.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would suspect that the soul purpose for the objection is to delay even more, they too are aware of the procedures and once again their interpreation is likely to differ from the continuous 'no problem' view offered by LB and others and accepted by so many on here.

I hope they fail and fail miserably but not to even acknowledge it as a prospective problem is naive.

100%

Even if its total bollocks it still has to be heard fairly and argued / debated and from their side they obviously will be passionate about their appeal and bring evidence to the table....rest assured they wnt be fobbed off so easily

Some dismissing this "appeal" are burying head imo

f*** sake. There is NO DISCUSSION ABOUT WHETHER ANYTHING GOES.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE THAT POINT TO ME.

YOUR POST QUOTING ME IS DISINGENUOUS AS IT APPEARS THAT YOU THINK I DO SUPPORT ANYTHING GOES.

Can you tell I'm shouting? Can you? Good, because I f***ing well am. You seem to be bloody deaf to my previous posts on this thread.
Wrong, Buzzer. I'm AGREEING with you. I'm quoting from your post, because you are RIGHT. You don't support "anything goes".

100%

Even if its total bollocks it still has to be heard fairly and argued / debated and from their side they obviously will be passionate about their appeal and bring evidence to the table....rest assured they wnt be fobbed off so easily

Some dismissing this "appeal" are burying head imo
It is NOT an Appeal.

It is a letter of representation. It will have exactly the same status as any other letter of representation sent to the City Council. I hope that there are HUNDREDS of them, because there has been a "sticky" at the top of NSC for weeks, asking us all to do what FPC have done - write to the council.

Falmer Parish Council won't be bringing any evidence to any table. The procedure of the Planning Committee doesn't include listening to the evidence of objectors (or supporters, for that matter). The most that any third party objector is allowed is to contribute to a 30 minute period (in total) allowed for those speaking as objectors to the application. The Committee will listen to this, then they'll listen to 30 minutes (maximum) of representations made by or on behalf of the applicant. Then they'll take comments from ward councillors, debate the matter and make a decision.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It is NOT an Appeal.

It is a letter of representation. It will have exactly the same status as any other letter of representation sent to the City Council. I hope that there are HUNDREDS of them, because there has been a "sticky" at the top of NSC for weeks, asking us all to do what FPC have done - write to the council.

Falmer Parish Council won't be bringing any evidence to any table. The procedure of the Planning Committee doesn't include listening to the evidence of objectors (or supporters, for that matter). The most that any third party objector is allowed is to contribute to a 30 minute period (in total) allowed for those speaking as objectors to the application. The Committee will listen to this, then they'll listen to 30 minutes (maximum) of representations made by or on behalf of the applicant. Then they'll take comments from ward councillors, debate the matter and make a decision.

So what decision is to be made ???

Once they have listened to both parties, what might happen if their decision supported Falmer PC's representation ?

So what decision is to be made ???

Once they have listened to both parties, what might happen if their decision supported Falmer PC's representation ?

The decision of a Planning Committee is either:-

(i) to declare themselves minded to grant planning permission (subject to conditions); or
(ii) to refuse planning permission.

"Minded to grant, subject to conditions" means that the planning permission comes into effect, once the applicant has reached agreement with planning officers on the conditions that are required. In the case of the Falmer Stadium application, these conditions have been under discussion with the planning officers for many months and will be set out in the planning officer's report that will be presented to the meeting of the Committee (and published a few days before the meeting).

If the decision is to refuse planning permission, the applicant has a right to appeal against this decision to the Secretary of State, who will hold a Public Inquiry before a final decision is made. If an Appeal by an applicant is successful, it is usually the case that the full costs of the appeal have to be met by the Council that turned down the application. This usually deters Councils from turning down planning applications, unless they are CERTAIN that there are very good grounds to do so. The views of a neighbouring parish council, with no responsibility for the site of the development, cannot on their own amount to a serious enough reason for refusing planning permission.

It was the fear of having to fund the full costs of a Public Inquiry that led Hove Borough Council to accept the original application by the Albion to redevelop the Goldstone Ground.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The decision of a Planning Committee is either:-

(i) to declare themselves minded to grant planning permission (subject to conditions); or
(ii) to refuse planning permission.

"Minded to grant, subject to conditions" means that the planning permission comes into effect, once the applicant has reached agreement with planning officers on the conditions that are required. In the case of the Falmer Stadium application, these conditions have been under discussion with the planning officers for many months and will be set out in the planning officer's report that will be presented to the meeting of the Committee (and published a few days before the meeting).

If the decision is to refuse planning permission, the applicant has a right to appeal against this decision to the Secretary of State, who will hold a Public Inquiry before a final decision is made. If an Appeal by an applicant is successful, it is usually the case that the full costs of the appeal have to be met by the Council that turned down the application. This usually deters Councils from turning down planning applications, unless they are CERTAIN that there are very good grounds to do so. The views of a neighbouring parish council, with no responsibility for the site of the development, cannot on their own amount to a serious enough reason for refusing planning permission.

It was the fear of having to fund the full costs of a Public Inquiry that led Hove Borough Council to accept the original application by the Albion to redevelop the Goldstone Ground.

So it remains that IF the decision was to refuse planning permission then there might be a delay maybe quite considerable.

Is this an appeal of an original decision by the same planning comittee ?

So it remains that IF the decision was to refuse planning permission then there might be a delay maybe quite considerable.

Is this an appeal of an original decision by the same planning comittee ?
IF the decision was to refuse planning permission, ALL HELL WOULD BREAK OUT.

A decision to REFUSE would be a decision by the City Council to abandon their support for the Stadium project. The stadium cannot be built and brought into use without this planning permission being granted. So we are not talking about a "delay", we're talking about the project coming to an end.

I would imagine that - amongst other things - The Seagulls Party would leap into action, demanding the immediate resignation of councillors.

As to the second question ... I've said before, this ISN'T AN APPEAL AGAINST ANYTHING. It's a PLANNING APPLICATION by Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Limited.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It is NOT an Appeal.

I've written the letters etc.

The council can't be seen to just hear the arguments and dismiss them. They have to consider them from neutral point of view. How do we know these things arn't things worthy of consideration in the minds of the panel that will hear them. We don't. As football fans and pro falmer fans to us we'd hear them and then say thanks , goodnight. The people hearing these complaints are neutrals or at least have to be seen that way. Thats my point

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The council can't be seen to just hear the arguments and dismiss them. They have to consider them from neutral point of view. How do we know these things arn't things worthy of consideration in the minds of the panel that will hear them. We don't. As football fans and pro falmer fans to us we'd hear them and then say thanks , goodnight. The people hearing these complaints are neutrals or at least have to be seen that way. Thats my point

While councillors are traditionally fairly stupid, it would be one hell of a stupid move for the council to have handed over the land for the stadium and THEN refuse planning permission for the minor alterations needed to keep within H&S regulations.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
While councillors are traditionally fairly stupid, it would be one hell of a stupid move for the council to have handed over the land for the stadium and THEN refuse planning permission for the minor alterations needed to keep within H&S regulations.

Not sure all changes are purely due to H&S and yes they are stupid.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Typically a misrepresentation, although I thought the irony was a bit laboured on this post, not very funny, but you will rally the support of the usual suspects and Easy 10 was first to give you a thumbs up, so that must of pleased you !

Firstly I have been consistent that I believe the finance will be raised and the stadium built, when I am not too sure, but I am hopeful.

However I will not continually embrace the information offerd by the club or any individual poster on here if my interpretation differs from theirs.

Get over it.

I will celebrate the opening of the stadium with all of you. incognito of course, but celebrate just the same.

You see I really do not have any aspirations to be part of your gang, the 'Groovy Gang' aint my style.

But I will re-iterate that I do not think that the signing of the contract with The Buckingham Group indicates that the finances are in place, I suspect that they aren't yet.

Of course it is nice to see diggers on site and some excavation taking place, but until the money is in place it seems that this doesn't really guarantee the much publicised 2011 finish.

LB has told his flock that the latest objections from Falmer Parish Council will not delay proceedings and that the Buckingham Group signing gives us the money, it all seems a bit desperate to me.

We will see, if MP and his team do deliver in 2011 then they all deserve even greater praise than they will already receive, it would be a truly great achievement.

It really doesn't make me a bad fan because I expect a few more twists and turns before its finished ?

Hmmm. On NSC you come over as pompous and verbose and someone who likes the sound of their own voice. This means debates you are involved in frequently go down blind alleys and end in obfuscation and non-sequiters. I simply wondered if you were like that in real life - and it looks like you are.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It's not really a case of 'dismissing' them. It's a case of hearing both sides, and coming to a decision.

And seeing as FPC's objections are, at best, subjective, and in other downright baffling, together with the fact that the club and the council have been working together for quite a while to get the application right, and that the neighbouring planning authority with whom the club also has to work (LDC) are no objecting, it makes for a very strong case for approval.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Hmmm. On NSC you come over as pompous and verbose and someone who likes the sound of their own voice. This means debates you are involved in frequently go down blind alleys and end in obfuscation and non-sequiters. I simply wondered if you were like that in real life - and it looks like you are.

maybe in your gangs view, hey Rodders !!

Debate if you wish, but blind alleys are not necessarily confirmed because someone has a different view to you.

State your view on the raising of finance and the prospect of 'planned appeals' if you want, but your effort to try to be funny has failed and your dislike for alternative views are so tedious to many.

By the way, have you sorted out your total arrogance of saving the future of kids football, or have you been 'headhunted' by Trevor Brooking yet ?

Have you ever played the game ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's not really a case of 'dismissing' them. It's a case of hearing both sides, and coming to a decision.

And seeing as FPC's objections are, at best, subjective, and in other downright baffling, together with the fact that the club and the council have been working together for quite a while to get the application right, and that the neighbouring planning authority with whom the club also has to work (LDC) are no objecting, it makes for a very strong case for approval.

A considered view, that is far more reasonable to some.

Now ease my concern about the finance !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here